Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Interview with Darryl Jones
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 16, 2018 22:22

35love
It’s just some feedback/ my opinion Roller99,
on how the article/ interview with Darryl Jones is viewed by me.
I did not feel I was going anywhere with you.
I felt you were telling us you were special.
LOL.

I’m sorry. I need a break.

I never tell anyone I'm special, because I'm not special. I'm a fan, just like everyone else here. As soon as you start telling people how special you are, you aren't.

Date: October 16, 2018 22:25

35love
P.S. Rollerball99,
Unlike your Led Zeppelin LA court 2 part series, which I DID feel like I was with you step by step. I promoted that article, btw.

So I’m honest. This was struck me different. Take it or leave it.
But you posted the article here for us to read and comment.

I'll take it, and I do appreciate all feedback, whether I agree with it or not. You have an opinion, and you should freely voice it, especially here on a public forum. I can see where it would appear to some as though I'm bragging, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I am trying to take people with me on a journey.

Date: October 16, 2018 22:27

exhpart
I do hope 35love and roller99 will kiss and make up and then get a room

There's nothing to make up over. 35Love has an opinion, he's just expressing it. I don't think there's any ill will or feelings.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 17, 2018 00:39

roller99
exhpart
I do hope 35love and roller99 will kiss and make up and then get a room

There's nothing to make up over. 35Love has an opinion, he's just expressing it. I don't think there's any ill will or feelings.

There is not!
I’d love a room at the Savoy ;-)
I still need a break.
Bye

Date: October 17, 2018 16:48

Hairball
DandelionPowderman
35love
Coupled with the explanation of your Fonda show, if you don’t get a chance to see them up close you are missing important nuances, special room at the elite London Savoy, and hinting the ticket lady is ‘known’ to those in ‘the know’
all this special out of reach to 90% of us that put blood sweat toil and cash into this for years, or have literally been thru helll trying to get a lousy ticket to any RS show.
It came off as pretentious to me, I’m sorry. I enjoy you as a journalist.

It's describing journalism. He's taking us in there - we're right there with him.

A perfect build-up to the encounter, imo.

Yes, it's interesting to read someone who has had the actual experiences describing them, and why would he hold back describing all of that for his readers? Conveying that experience gives context to his story, and also lends credibility - he's not just another critic writing another generic story about the worlds greatest rock and roll band. He's been there/done that, and having been up close in a small venue several times myself, I know exactly what he's talking about as many others do. And for those who haven't, shouldn't it all be interesting to read about it? Considering these are actual firsthand experiences he's had, and there's no exaggeration of that reality, I don't see it as pretentious at all - but rather a skillfully/creatively written piece. As for the Savoy ticket pickup, I'm reading that's where VIP tix were to be picked up; I'm assuming roller had a VIP and is here to tell us about the process. Clearly he had an amazing experience, and it was a a pleasure to read all about it, not to mention getting to know Darryl better (and the inner workings of the band) through the interview itself.
Good stuff roller. thumbs up

"One last thing: The Rolling Stones are purported to be in the planning stages for a continuation of the No Filter tour in early 2019.
This leg of the tour will be taking place in the USA, the cities have not been announced yet. You heard it here first"!

A continuation of the No Filter Tour? Not a brand new tour with a different name?

Thanks Hairball, very kind words! smileys with beer

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 17, 2018 16:56

Just like the ‘real world’
Let’s all critique each other’s opinion instead of giving your own eye rolling smiley
Give me a break Hairball.
(oh yeah, I’m taking my own break)

It was constructive criticism. Let me have it without picking it apart.

If I were a writer, I’d consider to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-17 16:59 by 35love.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 17, 2018 18:47

35love
Just like the ‘real world’
Let’s all critique each other’s opinion instead of giving your own eye rolling smiley
Give me a break Hairball.
(oh yeah, I’m taking my own break)

It was constructive criticism. Let me have it without picking it apart.

If I were a writer, I’d consider to it.

I wouldn't take it personal as I wasn't critiquing your opinion. I was giving a different perspective based on my own opinion and experience while reviewing roller's descriptive writing style and his interview with Darryl.
You thought it was one thing while I thought it was another - no big deal.

roller99
Thanks Hairball, very kind words! smileys with beer

Cheers roller, that was a great - having had some of the same experiences you described, I enjoyed it all very much.
I was actually in the cab with you zipping through London while reading! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-17 18:53 by Hairball.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1594
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home