Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Transition From Stones fan to a Superfan
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 17, 2018 00:34

You mean like this:

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: October 17, 2018 02:15

Oh, you'll know !

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: October 17, 2018 15:00

I guess my transition started when I started seeing 15 shows or more per tour.

When you always check to availability of every live show...to see if you can make something happen.

Getting into a Beacon show....or theater show....not always that easy.

Then getting interviewed on the radio twice, and once on local television...those interviews were on the street outside of the venue.

When you have some one of a kind memorabilia and don't have the time or tenacity that Matt Lee has to display it...worth thousands if the collectible market is right. Man, I need to unload some of those first print posters to a good home!

Then when fans start getting together in cities, and countries over and over...and contact you for tickets....times have changed in THAT arena for sure.

Also when band members begin to recognize you, and give you a nod, a wave, a smile....not always the principles...but sometimes.

When you have a bachelors tongue cake, and your first dance song in your wedding is RIP THIS JOINT, and the DJ interspaces Stones throughout..some from your bootleg collection. When your recessional at your wedding is strings playing Jumping Jack Flash, and then strings playing Wild Horses at the reception while the guests arrive.

When you check in here more than once weekly, even when the band isn't touring to catch a glimpse of what's happening, to see if you can fit something in.

I had to draw the line when my step daughter had an emergency 23 week C-section and almost lost her son, our grandson, the boy, I can happily say is now 3 years old and counting...and very healthy....but he almost died, he was in NICU unit for 8 weeks, and if that would have happened 10 years ago he would have not made it. I had a 5th row seat for a show in Orlando, with plane fare and hotel....and gave it all away....so I pulled myself back in and did the right thing.

THAT being said, saw them on two shows that tour anyway! :-) ZIP CODE Detroit and Pittsburgh.

All that being said, I don't even come close compared to many of the folks here....not even close...I'd say I'm in the lower to 50 percentile of the Stones classroom. All the real superfans have one sentence replies...oops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-17 15:05 by onestep.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 17, 2018 18:04

Shawn20
I have seen them 25 times since 1978. But walking from Twickenham to the Richmond station following last June's concert did it for me.
Not sure whether the walk transitioned you into or out of Superfan status? cool smiley
Seen them similar amount of times in same period, and made the same walk from Twickenham to the Richmond station (only earlier in the day smiling smiley )

The short walk back to the nearby hotel from the Twickenham show had me feeling a bit of a Superfan.. First time seeing them in London, still reeling from seeing them in Cardiff, Edinburgh, and Manchester, fresh British flag stones tatt, from a shop right next to the Eel Pie Museum, in an area where I learned more about their beginnings than I ever had prior.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 17, 2018 18:31

The transition happened over the course of my first show in November 1989. I went into it knowing only a few songs and by the end, as people were filing out of the stadium I stood staring at the stage as it was being loading out, thinking "I've got work to do"....and so the collection and obsession began to build. Now 21 shows and thousands and thousands of dollars later (and along the way discovering I share a birthday with Mick Taylor), here I am, a pretty big fan if not a superfan as defined by a jury of my peers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-17 19:35 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 19, 2018 21:25

onestep
I guess my transition started when I started seeing 15 shows or more per tour.

When you always check to availability of every live show...to see if you can make something happen.

Getting into a Beacon show....or theater show....not always that easy.

Then getting interviewed on the radio twice, and once on local television...those interviews were on the street outside of the venue.

When you have some one of a kind memorabilia and don't have the time or tenacity that Matt Lee has to display it...worth thousands if the collectible market is right. Man, I need to unload some of those first print posters to a good home!

Then when fans start getting together in cities, and countries over and over...and contact you for tickets....times have changed in THAT arena for sure.

Also when band members begin to recognize you, and give you a nod, a wave, a smile....not always the principles...but sometimes.

When you have a bachelors tongue cake, and your first dance song in your wedding is RIP THIS JOINT, and the DJ interspaces Stones throughout..some from your bootleg collection. When your recessional at your wedding is strings playing Jumping Jack Flash, and then strings playing Wild Horses at the reception while the guests arrive.

When you check in here more than once weekly, even when the band isn't touring to catch a glimpse of what's happening, to see if you can fit something in.

I had to draw the line when my step daughter had an emergency 23 week C-section and almost lost her son, our grandson, the boy, I can happily say is now 3 years old and counting...and very healthy....but he almost died, he was in NICU unit for 8 weeks, and if that would have happened 10 years ago he would have not made it. I had a 5th row seat for a show in Orlando, with plane fare and hotel....and gave it all away....so I pulled myself back in and did the right thing.

THAT being said, saw them on two shows that tour anyway! :-) ZIP CODE Detroit and Pittsburgh.

All that being said, I don't even come close compared to many of the folks here....not even close...I'd say I'm in the lower to 50 percentile of the Stones classroom. All the real superfans have one sentence replies...oops.

onestep...thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-19 21:25 by colonial.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 20, 2018 20:33

I have always known I was a superfan by the time spent listening over/over/over
to The Rolling Stones recorded music.
It wasn’t until I came here, the airwaves of IORR, I discovered other people willing to admit to it as well, with the depth of conviction I felt.

I realized today I am content! (LOL that’s personally funny.)

But what I mean: ‘81, ‘89, two strikes and I went down down down.
‘15, ‘17, and 2018 in ENGLAND there I was.
See? I am way ahead. More than I truly let myself envision.
I can honestly say if I didn't get a ticket for next tour,
I’d be okay. Obsessed on the computer nerves fried, but okay grinning smiley
I love The Rolling Stones hot smiley
They’ve given us A LOT

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home