Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Transition From Stones fan to a Superfan
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 14, 2018 23:45

The transition from a Stones fan to a Superfan how do ya know if ya made it into this elite global group of Stones superfans

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-15 05:01 by colonial.

Re: Transition From Stones fan to a Superfan
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 15, 2018 00:13

When ya get up at Karaoke and you can bash out
all the lyrics of Stoned without looking at the monitor ........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 15, 2018 02:15

colonial
The transition from a Stones fan to a Superfan how do ya know if ya made it into this elite global group of Stones superfans

How can someone who lists Gary Numann as their favourite music, and who apparently has no actual mention of The Rolling Stones on that (one) Facebook page that (not being seduced/tricked by that Cult) I can see, be a 'SuperFan'?

What am I missing?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 15, 2018 02:30

CaptainCorella
colonial

How can someone who lists Gary Numann as their favourite music, and who apparently has no actual mention of The Rolling Stones on that (one) Facebook page that (not being seduced/tricked by that Cult) I can see, be a 'SuperFan'?

What am I missing?

You're missing KR, MT, RW. MJ, the Stones as well as the IORR band amongst his "likes".

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-15 02:32 by Deltics.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 15, 2018 02:35

It's not your question but If you like I can tell you the opposite.... Transition From Superfan to Stones fan.........

Date: October 15, 2018 04:17

Deltics
CaptainCorella
colonial

What am I missing?

You're missing KR, MT, RW. MJ, the Stones as well as the IORR band amongst his "likes".

Ah! All I see is :-

John Cooper Clarke, Harley-Davidson, Aston Martin, Dunedin City Council, Davey Lane, The IORR Band, Jacinda Ardern, Classic Dinah Lee, Dr. Jane Goodall, Jane Goodall Institute New Zealand, Bossanova Clothing, Bård Andersson Music, Taieri Musical, Cherry Bar, Bernard Fowler and more

And I guess that's because all I see (not being a worshipper at the Cult of Facebook as mentioned above) is the first page. How otherwise perfectly rational people have been, and continue to be, bedazzled by this stuff continues to be a mystery to me.

Date: October 15, 2018 05:13

That's a good question; I can think of several answers. But to be serious:
if you were able to hold the Stones banner high throughout the 80's you qualify as Super.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 15, 2018 06:59

well first is when you start to realize that
all down the line's lyrics are not really 'lyrics' per se...that
they are instructions of a certain type.
Ponder that and get back to me.
we are very gracious with these kinds of aspirants during a particularly
sensitive metamorphosis, not that that's the best collection, but a super-fan
would have already had the Performance soundtrack. stuff like that. get back to me on this and i'll have more info.

Date: October 15, 2018 07:08

determining some kind of general rating protocol on the piano player's performances night to night, and more importantly, his quotes about his band,
are part of the necessary curriculum, but that's where a LOT of aspirants fall out. Tho that is ok. That is as it 'should' be, at first.
Superfandom is not for wussies with a p sorry girls...
.....nothing personal you make the world go round...
and also, the billing cycles, and a superfan these days will need a lot of old
fashioned cash frankly. Let's talk about this, shall we?
okay then.
like once you fly to aruba or something maxxed out exotic like seattle or chicago in winter, well that's gonna cost; and you won't feel your legs for a week cuz numb, then it's the Hotel and transportation and food and then it's the merchandise tent for little things that cost a lot but thery are your band and they are our boys and they are old and rich and if they made a record it would be bertterr than exiles and that's a lot of it right therel jeesh i should be charging for this or i've learned NOTHING from the mickster except for i need a sanctified girl w a sanctified mind to help me out right now, like that's gonna happen. wow. beimg a superfan is not all easy on el corazon mis amigos.

Date: October 15, 2018 07:19

also, and i feel justified saying this because i am a yank and American music is my LIFE. (no not that horrid 'book') oops a superfan loves 'the blade' and at rirst that's a little alarming to the feint of el corozon. hey, did you ever notice like when you don't know a language but keep saying of their words over and over it makes you look sublingual, and i kinda dig that. mi corozon. try it!

anyway; a superfan knows that there should not be ONE american in the rolling stones unless it's Jim cause bobby can't make the gig and billy. well, his
lawyers are still talking with st. peter; it's a touch and go thing but they're on retainer. Lisa was ok; i've no probs with Lisa and the new one is cute as a kitten. a superfan already knows this.
I've been super busy lately, but am happy to help with info when i can.

Posted by: masoudi ()
Date: October 15, 2018 07:30

You qualify if you call your first child Mick and your daughter Jade and your 4th son Charlie Jagger. Other 2 are Dylan and Tyler after some other great musicians. I’d suggest checking IORR when you wake up, during the day and before bed also makes you a super fan. My wife says it also qualifies you as something else as well. Been a fan since I was 11 so 35 years now and still get goosebumps hearing the music and have travelled the world to see them. Will always be a super fan and am lucky to have had a life time so far of enjoying the band the music the books the concerts and all the other things The Stones have given us. Cheers Brendon from NZ. I’ll only be truly content though when I get that bloody 73 Kiwi poster to put next to my 73 Aussie poster.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 15, 2018 14:40

Yesterday I had a guest at home from the German foreign service living in The Hague. As he noticed my golden records on the wall and later on my record collection of the Stones he told me that he has a health-food shop nearby his home in The Hague and the saleslady there gets invited by the Stones to entire tours and she travels along with them on their plane and gets paid the hotel bills as well.
Kind of a "blind angel"-thing but I don't know the reason behind it.

From my point of view that seems to be a Superfan.

Date: October 15, 2018 14:54

CaptainCorella
Deltics
CaptainCorella
colonial

What am I missing?

Ah! All I see is :-

John Cooper Clarke, Harley-Davidson, Aston Martin, Dunedin City Council, Davey Lane, The IORR Band, Jacinda Ardern, Classic Dinah Lee, Dr. Jane Goodall, Jane Goodall Institute New Zealand, Bossanova Clothing, Bård Andersson Music, Taieri Musical, Cherry Bar, Bernard Fowler and more

And I guess that's because all I see (not being a worshipper at the Cult of Facebook as mentioned above) is the first page. How otherwise perfectly rational people have been, and continue to be, bedazzled by this stuff continues to be a mystery to me.

Plenty of good Stones and Stones fan-references in many of those «likes» winking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 15, 2018 14:54

colonial

Did loads of push-ups, developed a 60 inch chest and rippling biceps, and took to wearing a stupid f***ing T-shirt with a large red S in an inverted triangle on it .........

You mean you haven't noticed BV strolling around dressed like this ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 15, 2018 15:28

You need a phone booth apparently and they're darn hard to find these days.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2018 15:40

I'd say the moment the nipple makes it's first appearance.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 15, 2018 16:42

the transition is completed when you're not able to admit anymore that there are some rather poor Stones songs, some very weak lyrics, that not every show is great and you are under the impression that Keith never f**ked up a song

Date: October 15, 2018 17:09

slewan
the transition is completed when you're not able to admit anymore that there are some rather poor Stones songs, some very weak lyrics, that not every show is great and you are under the impression that Keith never f**ked up a song

That's stretching it too far grinning smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 15, 2018 17:22

Only those privileged enough to have been at every IORR band gig qualify.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 15, 2018 17:24

slewan

The perfect definition !! 10/10 !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 15, 2018 17:31

It's true ...

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: October 15, 2018 23:51

NICOS
It's not your question but If you like I can tell you the opposite.... Transition From Superfan to Stones fan.........
The Setlists?....

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 16, 2018 01:58

You’re broke?
ETA: ^ financially, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, or medically.
Some-ins wrong, probably.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-16 02:01 by 35love.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 16, 2018 05:51

A Stones walking encyclopedia with just the one worn out '72 t-shirt and a few posters with concert attendances in single figures could be classed as a Superfan..yea smoking smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 16, 2018 06:08

If ‘Dance Part 1, (2)’ are played and you don’t get down,
return to casual fan status.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 16, 2018 10:19

The drug is the Stones. When you ignore family events like major holidays, birthdays, weddings, reunions, work, and you spend more time and money on Stones related activities than anything else, then it is already too late. You are hooked, and it is a lifetime happy dedication.

Bjornulf

Date: October 16, 2018 11:59

colonial
A Stones walking encyclopedia with just the one worn out '72 t-shirt and a few posters with concert attendances in single figures could be classed as a Superfan..yea smoking smiley

Walking encyclopedia - check.

Two wearable Europe '73 t-shirts that still fit! - check

Several posters (but big attendance) - fail, but honourable attempt

Framed copy of poster for show not far down the road that never happened (Hanging Rock).

A set of the four UK 'charity' albums from 62/63 that the Stones gave tracks to..

Perhaps apprentice super-fan?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: October 16, 2018 13:48

I have seen them 25 times since 1978. But walking from Twickenham to the Richmond station following last June's concert did it for me.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 16, 2018 14:52

Signed copies of Primal Scream's Give Out, as anything vaguely sounding like the Rolling Stones, you need to acquire !!

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: October 16, 2018 17:00

It's a recent transition for me...

2017: went to 2 of the 3 shows in my town (Paris)
2018: travelled at least 2 hours each way to the 3 nearest gigs I could get to (London, Stuttgart, Marseilles)
2019: will time my trip to US to coincide with Stones shows rather than Xmas family reunions!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home