Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill Wyman spotted out in London 11 Oct 2018
Posted by: Ronnierocks ()
Date: October 12, 2018 09:32

I was thinking I had not heard much of Bill Wyman recently.
He is after all hitting 82 in a couple of weeks.
I spotted Bill and his wife at a Bob Dylan private view in London
on the evening of Thursday 11 October 2018.
Good to say that he is looking ok.

BOB DYLAN - Halcyon Gallery, 144-146 New Bond Street, London W1.
Halcyon Gallery presents a brand new Bob Dylan collection - Mondo Scripto - featuring the artist and songwriter’s most renowned lyrics, each handwritten by him in pen on paper and accompanied by an original pencil drawing by the artist. Mondo Scripto opens on Tuesday, 9th October, and will run through to 30 November.
The exhibition got a five star review in The Standard.
Well worth a visit if you are in London.

Re: Bill Wyman spotted out in London 11 Oct 2018
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 12, 2018 10:05

Thank you very much,I’m always glad to hear the Stones bass player is doing well.

It seems Bill has completely retired now,no more Rhythm Kings or anything.

Since we won’t have many more Stones albums it’s too bad they don’t do a Brian Wilson kinda of thing where the live band and studio band are different.
You could have songs with the 72 lineup, the 78 lineup etc. sorry just thinking out loud (and asking for creativity from a corporation)

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 12, 2018 10:49

I can't imagine Bill has 'completely retired' now.
He will currently have some involvement in 'The Quiet One' full length documentary. Also, could be working on putting some more books out. And curating his Archives.
But touring days...yes, seem to be over.

Date: October 12, 2018 19:10

Paradoxycally he would have been the most credible source for an extensive stones history (I have read what Bill has already written). But I think he is tired (he has had enough). And the time/momentum has passed (marketing wise).

But....the important things that we will never know.....oh my

regarding that 50% of things in KR Life are not true (as Bill has stated)..Bill is the only one left with the real insights (Charlie as well but we know...)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-12 19:40 by emotionalbarbecue.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 12, 2018 19:21

Hats off to Bill! thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 12, 2018 19:44

Recovering from cancer at his age can take time. Maybe he'll get a second wind and have another creative burst. His recent solo album was much better than Crosseyed Heart.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 12, 2018 20:13

Best wishes on Bill always!

Date: October 12, 2018 20:22

lem motlow
Thank you very much,I’m always glad to hear the Stones bass player is doing well.

Since we won’t have many more Stones albums it’s too bad they don’t do a Brian Wilson kinda of thing where the live band and studio band are different.
You could have songs with the 72 lineup, the 78 lineup etc. sorry just thinking out loud (and asking for creativity from a corporation)

Yes, the Rolling Stones bass player. It is beyond understanding to me that they have tried to erase his existence and contributions.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 12, 2018 20:51

all the best wishes for Bill.
jeroen

Date: October 13, 2018 07:52

Palace Revolution 2000
lem motlow

Yes, the Rolling Stones bass player. It is beyond understanding to me that they have tried to erase his existence and contributions.

I don't know. Keith said a lot that showed the truth in a tribute on Bill's 80th birthday. He called him his favorite. It's pretty apparent Darryl never really panned out as a studio bassist. Now they have a dependable appendage when they tour. Darryl doesn't seem particularly ambitious. He's not appearing on jazz albums, or anything you would think he's suited to. It's a comfortable life. Mick has no intention of making him a full member. They could replace Darryl tomorrow and hardly any one would notice.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: October 13, 2018 09:50

Was Bill involved in the Exhibitionism display?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 13, 2018 13:50

24FPS
Palace Revolution 2000
lem motlow

I don't know. Keith said a lot that showed the truth in a tribute on Bill's 80th birthday. He called him his favorite. It's pretty apparent Darryl never really panned out as a studio bassist. Now they have a dependable appendage when they tour. Darryl doesn't seem particularly ambitious. He's not appearing on jazz albums, or anything you would think he's suited to. It's a comfortable life. Mick has no intention of making him a full member. They could replace Darryl tomorrow and hardly any one would notice.
Must say Darryl pretty much rocked on Hyde Park emotional rescue. They should do fingerprint file with him

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 13, 2018 15:57

It's all history now but I think Bill should have hung in there (The Stones) a couple of more years.It would have been for the better for all of us. Even more so for Bill since the big money started
to come in in the nineties (be sure, Bill counts every penny). Maybe they went for cred when they enlisted Darryl? Must have been something like that. Anyway, we have already discussed that...

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: October 13, 2018 16:41

Good to hear about Bill,wishing him all the best...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 13, 2018 17:41

Palace Revolution 2000

He is not a stone alone when it comes to that. sad smiley

Date: October 14, 2018 02:06

His Majesty
Palace Revolution 2000

Yup. when was the last time they mentioned Mick Taylor??

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 14, 2018 14:25

NeverMakeASaintOfMe
His Majesty
Palace Revolution 2000

Yup. when was the last time they mentioned Mick Taylor??

I’m pretty certain His Majesty is referring to someone else.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 14, 2018 14:32

Big Al

I’m pretty certain His Majesty is referring to someone else.

Including Taylor in my thoughts.

There's ebbs and flows to it, but there is at times an undeniable and sometimes disrespectful down playing of the importance and contributions of those that have left the band.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: October 14, 2018 17:05

24FPS
Palace Revolution 2000
lem motlow

Darryl is actually on tour with Mike Stern playing small clubs in Germany.Two ex-Miles Davis sidemen on stage playing modern jazz/rockjazz. I'm really looking forward to this (Quasimodo , Berlin, nov 6th)
Tom

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 14, 2018 17:30

I’m seeing Darryl in Ronnie Scott’s in London

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: October 14, 2018 18:39

If only he could have stayed for one more tour. Had he stayed until Voodoo that would have left a better impression amongst the fans and brought him into the "Modern Era"(Steel Wheels was a renioun tour). Even if he had enjoyed that I don't think he would have stayed until Bridges.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 14, 2018 18:42

EJM
I’m seeing Darryl in Ronnie Scott’s in London

Tell him we said hello!

Date: October 14, 2018 22:02

Stoneage
It's all history now but I think Bill should have hung in there (The Stones) a couple of more years.It would have been for the better for all of us. Even more so for Bill since the big money started
to come in in the nineties (be sure, Bill counts every penny). Maybe they went for cred when they enlisted Darryl? Must have been something like that. Anyway, we have already discussed that...

Bill has done all right. They made enough millions on the 81/82 & 89/90 tours to sustain most of us the rest of our lives. Is there a big difference in lifestyle between being worth $50 Million or $200 Million? (The internet has Bill worth $80 Million, Charlie $170 Million). I think Bill had enough to sustain him, and stepped off the bus. And he continues to have revenue streams that most of us could live off handily. Taylor is the one that parachuted way too early.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 14, 2018 22:30

24FPS
Stoneage

Bill has done all right. They made enough millions on the 81/82 & 89/90 tours to sustain most of us the rest of our lives. Is there a big difference in lifestyle between being worth $50 Million or $200 Million? (The internet has Bill worth $80 Million, Charlie $170 Million). I think Bill had enough to sustain him, and stepped off the bus. And he continues to have revenue streams that most of us could live off handily. Taylor is the one that parachuted way too early.

In addition Bill seems to have been better advised on financial matters than Mick Taylor.
From what we can tell, Bill receives income (and it should be quite healthy) from his 30 year recording career with the group.
Mick's tenure was not only shorter but it appears he decided and/or was advised to take a lump sum(s) rather than have royalties in perpetuity. Not a wise move.
I may be wrong of course.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home