Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Keith Richards in Jamaica circa 1977
Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: October 13, 2018 19:03

Same tee-shirt.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: October 13, 2018 19:05

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 13, 2018 19:33

keithglimmer
I notice he's wearing the handcuff bracelet in many of those pics. Doesn't that date it to late 78 or 79? Don't remember seeing it before then.

It’s not 1977 possibly Jan 1979? Or 1978.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 13, 2018 19:38

keithsman
Great Pics, thanks for sharing, some photos i have never seen before there.

77' was the year Keith went from elegantly wasted to wasted imho.

In a couple of shots there he looked like he was dying, how wrong could i be, here he is 75 years old in December this year and seemingly healthy.

I just shake my head and think how did he survive all that, was he faking some of the drinking and drugging, how did he manage to live when so many others have died or become casualties, only Keith himself knows the answer to that question, personally i think above all else he is a survivor.
I think he's got a well above-average physical constitution (obviously) but most of it it just dumb luck.

I don't buy into the myth that he was a "smarter" junkie than others. He just never got that hot dose that stopped his breathing. He was on the razor's edge for a long time I'm guessing.

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: October 13, 2018 20:38

keefriff99
keithsman

In a couple of shots there he looked like he was dying, how wrong could i be, here he is 75 years old in December this year and seemingly healthy.

I just shake my head and think how did he survive all that, was he faking some of the drinking and drugging, how did he manage to live when so many others have died or become casualties, only Keith himself knows the answer to that question, personally i think above all else he is a survivor.
I think he's got a well above-average physical constitution (obviously) but most of it it just dumb luck.

I don't buy into the myth that he was a "smarter" junkie than others. He just never got that hot dose that stopped his breathing. He was on the razor's edge for a long time I'm guessing.

He also was a skin/muscle popping junky not an IV shooter. Not as much of a huge instantaneous CNS depressant effect.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 13, 2018 21:10

keithglimmer
keefriff99
keithsman

He also was a skin/muscle popping junky not an IV shooter. Not as much of a huge instantaneous CNS depressant effect.
True, which I only found out recently...I was watching the No Security show, and the scars on his shoulder muscles were very noticeable in certain lighting.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 13, 2018 22:09

the late, great bill hicks on keith:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 13, 2018 22:34

keithglimmer
keefriff99
keithsman

Mostly skin popping.

Date: October 13, 2018 22:36

And it wasnt three days of climbing walls - it took him a few years to quit with the help of methadone before the - and inorder to be able to tour in 1981.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 13, 2018 22:46

Palace Revolution 2000
Redhotcarpet
Im pretty sure that s late 1978 not 1977. He wasnt with Lil before that.

What is the story with Lil? It can't have been a long relationship since here name does not pop up much. What has always been cool about Keith is that it seemed like he tired to have relationships; and not one-nighters.

Uum.....
Nancy Spungeon
Marianne Faithfull

Don't tell me they were more than one nighters?

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: October 13, 2018 23:19

Redhotcarpet
And it wasnt three days of climbing walls - it took him a few years to quit with the help of methadone before the - and inorder to be able to tour in 1981.

It almost always takes years to walk away from it. One kicks the habit many times before actually quitting for good. I didn't think Keith went the methadone route though. He once said it's awful stuff and it should all be dumped in the ocean.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 14, 2018 00:59

He became an alkie instead. smileys with beer

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 14, 2018 02:47

His Majesty
He became an alkie instead. smileys with beer

Always thought of Keith as a dry drunk, he's never needed to go rehab to stop drinking and he's never admitted to being an alcoholic, unlike Ronnie, Keith seems to stop when he wants to without the need of intervention or the 12 steps connotation. Covertly though he's obviously dealt with his demons in his own way, notably recently with his obvious sobriety and contented demure.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: October 14, 2018 05:18

You are right, Keith was very discreet with his girlfriends. He still had three at once in early 1981, all blonde. Then Lil left, unhappy about the cocaine and liquor, even though he bought her a townhouse in NYC.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 14, 2018 05:53

Always enjoy your rare visits, Chatoyancy...even when the odd remark is as cryptic as hopkins or Revvy at their very best.

If I may ask, how well did you know The Dead Boys?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 14, 2018 07:47

It’s strange, these pictures are said to come from Spanish Tony but he said he never talked to them again after Knebworth in 76.
This looks like 78/79 to me.
Lily had this funny habit of setting up different items around Keith when he was passed out.
These pictures show that and there’s other funny ones from 79 on tour with her Ronnie’s girl and a passed out Keith.
I saw him from front row on the Barbarians tour and he looked Exactly like he does in these pictures.

Date: October 14, 2018 08:16

jlowe
Palace Revolution 2000
Redhotcarpet
Im pretty sure that s late 1978 not 1977. He wasnt with Lil before that.

What is the story with Lil? It can't have been a long relationship since here name does not pop up much. What has always been cool about Keith is that it seemed like he tired to have relationships; and not one-nighters.

Uum.....
Nancy Spungeon
Marianne Faithfull

Don't tell me they were more than one nighters?

Nancy Spungeon? Not my Keith haha..
And Marianne..I don'tknow, but it seems like that was surely a pretty deep relationship. They are still close to this day.
Regardless, I don't know the first thing about Keith's private love life, and I;m fine with that.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 14, 2018 08:46

Seriously,I don’t want to speak ill of the dead but Keith was a little above that young ladies pay grade.
Anita Pallenberg,Uschi Obermeir,Lily Wenglas,Patti Hanson....Nancy Spungeon? i don’t think even the actual Lem Motlow could’ve come up with enough Jack Daniels to make that happen.

Date: October 14, 2018 10:16

Redhotcarpet
keithglimmer
keefriff99
keithsman

Mostly skin popping.

Muscles, which is lightweight (and smarter) than shooting in the veins.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 14, 2018 11:49

lem motlow
It’s strange, these pictures are said to come from Spanish Tony but he said he never talked to them again after Knebworth in 76.
This looks like 78/79 to me...

Na.Only the pictures posted by Ouroux first are said to be from Spanish Tony and they all are from 1974.
Back to this topic, I've only mentioned what's on the description for the auction , and it is 1977.

HMN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-14 11:52 by Honestman.

Date: October 14, 2018 19:52

keithglimmer
Redhotcarpet

It almost always takes years to walk away from it. One kicks the habit many times before actually quitting for good. I didn't think Keith went the methadone route though. He once said it's awful stuff and it should all be dumped in the ocean.

He used it in 1980, the year he quit smack more or less for good.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: October 14, 2018 20:00

Many thanks for sharing ! New to me

Date: October 14, 2018 20:03

keithglimmer
Redhotcarpet

Methadone becomes way of life, and is best avoided. what is idiotic IMO in the dope game is skin popping.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 15, 2018 00:09

what is idiotic IMO in the dope game is skin popping.

mmmmm maybe but there was a Jack Bruce interview where
he said it was the main reason Keith had survived .... and eventually Jack didnt

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 15, 2018 00:24

Rockman

he said it was the main reason Keith had survived .... and eventually Jack didnt

Even more remarkable then that Ginger Baker is still with us (just).
He was a heroin addict far far longer than Keith and Jack combined.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: October 15, 2018 04:15

Maybe that's Max Romeo in the first picture?

Date: October 15, 2018 05:09

Rockman

I guess my point is if you're going to shoot Heroin you got to go IV. Otherwise snort it or, smoke it. If youre going to introduce needles, and the baggage that brings with it, don't waste your time.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 15, 2018 07:16

emotionalbarbecue
the brunette on the picture...

In the red top: Jane Rose.

Date: October 15, 2018 09:57

Palace Revolution 2000
Rockman

I guess my point is if you're going to shoot Heroin you got to go IV. Otherwise snort it or, smoke it. If youre going to introduce needles, and the baggage that brings with it, don't waste your time.

And Keith was probably aware of how fast things would derail had he IVed (pretty sure he did occasionally later in the 70s. He could afford to inject in his muscles. I think he was being a lot more careful. He was probably half asleep but also half awake and aware of Jagger and a bit relieved when his companion chased the dragon. They seem to have gotten along until Jerry put a stop to that. If anything Keith mustve known Mick wasnt afraid to do anything to keep the train a rolling with or without Keith. Hence the superman Keith in 1981. Me thinks.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 15, 2018 10:09

What do you mean by IV , IVed ? confused smiley

HMN

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home