Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Is Lisa Fisher ever going to tour again with the stones?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 7, 2018 20:25

Cooltoplady
DandelionPowderman
podiumboy
Keith has been incapable of properly singing backing vocals for well over a decade. The backup singers are necessary.

Weird that he is still doing backing vocals, then?

Like wild horses and....and.....i guess that it. Some shows its nothing.

I think the key word from podiumboy is "properly" like he used to, and whether he can play guitar and sing backup vocals at the same time.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: October 7, 2018 23:46

I always liked Lisa, but I doubt that she will sing for The Stones again.

Shame.......

Date: October 8, 2018 00:15

Hairball
Cooltoplady
DandelionPowderman
podiumboy
Keith has been incapable of properly singing backing vocals for well over a decade. The backup singers are necessary.

I think the key word from podiumboy is "properly" like he used to, and whether he can play guitar and sing backup vocals at the same time.

Which he indeed still does on LSTNT, WH, LARS, RT, DF and others.

However, they don't choose songs with prominent Keith BU vox anymore in the setlist. Some are rearranged, though, like YCAGWYW.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 8, 2018 00:29

DandelionPowderman
Hairball
Cooltoplady
DandelionPowderman
podiumboy

However, they don't choose songs with prominent Keith BU vox anymore in the setlist. Some are rearranged, though, like YCAGWYW.

Does what? Sing backup? is that what you call it?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 8, 2018 02:15

Lisa has her own thing going on with Baton Rouge and is highly successful I have seen them three time and she sounds awesome. She also worked with Alonzo King and his dance company singing and was amazing. I don’t believe she want or needs to go back to the Stones

Date: October 8, 2018 08:48

Cooltoplady
DandelionPowderman
Hairball
Cooltoplady
DandelionPowderman
podiumboy

What else should we call it?

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-08 10:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 8, 2018 09:34

Cooltoplady
DandelionPowderman
Hairball
Cooltoplady
DandelionPowderman
podiumboy

Keith has NEVER SUNG background. What he has done, and continues to do, is providing PERFECT , for The Stones and their SONGS, backing VOCALS. He vocalises, like Dylan, he does not sing. And for The Stones, he's spot on.

Rod

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: October 8, 2018 09:55

I only think it fair that some pics of Lisa in her heyday be posted. Purely for historical and documentary purposes. And the stories.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 8, 2018 10:39

Keith has NEVER SUNG background. What he has done, and
continues to do, is providing PERFECT , for The Stones and
their SONGS, backing VOCALS. He vocalises, like Dylan, he
does not sing. And for The Stones, he's spot on

Hey yeah that's kinda it …. I'll pay that Rod …. take a bow …

ROCKMAN

Date: October 8, 2018 15:12

I don't know what transpired in the Stones inner circle with her and the powers that be. I have no idea if she will come back, stop by or call.
What I do know is that when it comes to BU vocals in the Stones I think they should come from Keith and Ronnie. yes, I get it: this is a totally naive statement.
The stadium tours are million $ business ventures, controlled by suits and computers; Jagger is 75 - so he obviously must have professional back up vocals.
It is really the scale of the shows and tours that I fault. Against all odds they proved to themselves that it is the lo-fi, scratchy, bloody Rolling Stones that the world loves. "Blue & Lonesome" was a big seller. And should have been seen as a gauge for their entire late era career.
In that kind of format it would be entirely fitting to have those croaked BU vocals like in 78 and 79.

Date: October 8, 2018 15:24

The duet Lisa did with Sasha tells it all, no?

No grudge. She wanted to move on artistically – which she has done, with great success.

Degrading Lisa to looks is preposterous, imo. She is a great singer (is, not was).

Chuck, Matt, Darryl and Tim would never be let anywhere near the stage if sex appeal and looks was what the Stones wanted to present on stage.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 8, 2018 15:27

DandelionPowderman

No grudge. She wanted to move on artistically – which she has done, with great success.

Degrading Lisa to looks is preposterous, imo. She is a great singer (is, not was).

Chuck, Matt, Darryl and Tim would never be let anywhere near the stage if sex appeal and looks was what the Stones wanted to present on stage.

thumbs up

Date: October 8, 2018 15:34

DandelionPowderman

Or Keith. winking smiley

Date: October 8, 2018 15:49

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

Or Keith. winking smiley

Oh, quite a few of the ladies will disagree with you here! winking smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 8, 2018 16:18

DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

Or Keith. winking smiley

Keith no sex appeal ? What a ridiculous concept !

Date: October 8, 2018 16:19

grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 8, 2018 17:06

Dandy
Degrading Lisa to looks is preposterous, imo. She is a great singer (is, not was)

I beg to differ. It's not preposterous, by any means. Looks is a vital ingredient in show biz. Always has been. The reason people goes on about Lisa here is mainly her looks and sex appeal.
Even though they tell you something else. That doesn't mean she can't sing. Some may say Marilyn Monroe was the greatest actress ever and look had nothing to do with also.
I wouldn't believe them either. There is nothing wrong with good looks. It helps you in ordinary life and even more so in show biz. It's a fact, not an opinion.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: October 8, 2018 17:24

She had her time with the Stones. Her singing on Gimme Shelter became too over the top and turned into an awkward spectacle. She did provide some stellar performances over the years but it was time for her to move on. There could be other pieces of the supporting cast that could be replaced also but it is what it is at this stage of the game.

Date: October 8, 2018 17:46

<The reason people goes on about Lisa here is mainly her looks and sex appeal>

How do you know that? And if you don't know that, it sounds preposterous to me.

Date: October 8, 2018 17:53

Okey, not many backing vocalists have been given the attention that Lisa has. And I think looks, and appearance, has a lot to do with that. I don't think her singing stands out, compared with other backing vocalists, like that. I have never claimed she can't sing. Of course she can.

Date: October 8, 2018 18:27

EJM
DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman

Or Keith. winking smiley

Keith no sex appeal ? What a ridiculous concept !

First off, it was meant a bit as a joke.
But - we are in our cocoon here, where we our opinions are completely biased, and where time has stood a little still for us, so what we say has to be taken with a grain of salt.
For most people the notion of Keith, and Mick too, being sexy just sounds flat out gross.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 8, 2018 18:50

[quote

Keith no sex appeal ? What a ridiculous concept ![/quote]

First off, it was meant a bit as a joke.
But - we are in our cocoon here, where we our opinions are completely biased, and where time has stood a little still for us, so what we say has to be taken with a grain of salt.
For most people the notion of Keith, and Mick too, being sexy just sounds flat out gross.[/quote]

Absolutely - there is a touch of irony in most of our posts....We nearly all know that it is pretty bonkers being an obsessive stones fan but we can have a bit of fun with each other ! I think Keith himself does not take being a sex symbol seriously ( even when he actually was )

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 8, 2018 19:23

If Evil, Coldhearted Mick was going to kick Lisa to the curb for being overweight, it most likely would have occurred in 2012 when the band was being put back together and would be under intense media scrutiny to see if they could still deliver. Lisa was along for 2013, 2014, and 2015 and prominently featured in SWEET SUMMER SUN and STICKY FINGERS LIVE AT THE FONDA THEATER. They weren't hiding her in shame at all.

It isn't logical to conclude she was fired for her weight in Fall 2015, it is more likely that negotiations broke down over salary if it wasn't simply Lisa's stated decision to be the star on a much smaller stage.

The Evil, Coldhearted Mick scenario is just fans buying into the overly simplistic Good Keith vs. Evil Mick mythology. That isn't logical, not when management and representation for Lisa quite likely recognized her profile was at its career peak with the documentary. They either pushed her to break free or asked for an increase that was deemed unreasonable by Joyce, Mick, and Keith. It is a business and such decisions aren't personal. Lisa's appearance with Keith at the Apollo after the decision was made is further proof.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 8, 2018 20:09

Is Lisa Fisher ever going to tour again with the stones?

I hope not.

I'm not even sure i want to see the Stones tour with the Stones grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-08 20:10 by keithsman.

Date: October 8, 2018 20:27

If it was Lisa's goal was to depart amicably and showcase her solo career (with a boost in her stature from the documentary), she seemed to go about it in a strange way.
Looking at her recent setlists briefly, looks like they're mostly all cover tunes by other artists - maybe all of them?
Why wouldn't she perform more of her own songs, or better yet release an album of her own songs and tour with that?
Not doubting her reason for striking out on her own as nobody really knows the real reason why, but seems she's just coasting on the coattails of others.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 8, 2018 20:30

She's a singer. While she has written (or co-written songs), she's out there to impress people as a performer. That is far more difficult to do (especially as a middle- aged woman taking center stage rather late in life) with original material.

It's a bit like picking on retirement age Stones for touring behind their greatest hits instead of new material, oh wait...

Date: October 8, 2018 20:49

Even if most tunes the Stones play these days are over 40 years old, at least they wrote and recorded them themselves - can't imagine them going out and performing an all covers set.
Seems Lisa might garner a bigger audience and play bigger venues if she had something more to say than performing covers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-08 20:51 by Hairball.

Date: October 8, 2018 21:06

Mick's just a big softie.
I agree that we/the press have cast Mick in the role of cold hearted businessman too easily. Close friends tell an often different tale.
I could very well imagine that it was Mick who saw that this was her time, with the documentary out, and doing well, and urged her to seize the moment. Who knows?
I never considered that it was something like looks ( at this stage of the story) that would have caused her leaving. Although I did notice that Bernard was starting to disappear next to her. I always thought that her spot, her role had just run it's course.

Date: October 8, 2018 21:06

Lisa will turn 60 in 2 months. Chances for her to become a star of her own is, of course, over. However, she can build on the fame she got from backing up
the Rolling Stones and she seems to have a good network in the business. So she will do just fine without The Stones. No doubt about that.

Date: October 8, 2018 21:13

Stoneage
Lisa will turn 60 in 2 months. Chances for her to become a star of her own is, of course, over. However, she can build on the fame she got from backing up
the Rolling Stones and she seems to have a good network in the business. So she will do just fine without The Stones. No doubt about that.

True enough - realistically most of her fan base who know her and would pay to see here are probably Stones fans, though there might be a few who saw the documentary and said "hey lets go see her"!
For most of those not familiar with her former role in the Stones (and who didn;t see the movie), she's just another singer singing cover tunes.
Personally I'd rather hear her sing something original vs. Zeppelin and Stones covers, but that's a personal preference and everyone has different tastes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-08 21:15 by Hairball.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home