Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Is Lisa Fisher ever going to tour again with the stones?
Posted by: Stilllife09 ()
Date: October 6, 2018 18:20

hey all,

I am sure this has been discussed before but do you think she will ever join them on tour again?

I truly love her and her voice is just so incredebly strong. Nothing against Sasha Allen but she is just not at the same level. Most of the stones fan out there i discussed with noticed that too.

bye,

Let your rock'n'roll Out

Re: Is Lisa Fisher ever going to tour again with the stones?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 6, 2018 18:31

Stilllife09
hey all,

I am sure this has been discussed before but do you think she will ever join them on tour again?

I truly love her and her voice is just so incredebly strong. Nothing against Sasha Allen but she is just not at the same level. Most of the stones fan out there i discussed with noticed that too.

bye,

Let your rock'n'roll Out

The voice is great, but sadly these days you gotta have the looks, and to some extent - a lack of weight. In that respect, the answer to your question is a highly probable 'NO, she won't' ! Image does count for something, even with the Glimmers themselves in their mid 70's & Charlie even older ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 6, 2018 18:32

Not politically correct to say so, but if ain't true ... it's damn close to true nevertheless !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 6, 2018 18:34

well, she is a Sexy sexy lady, so Mick would welcome her.
and One Great Great voice.
But..there has happened something within the Stones camp.

She wont ever tour with the Stones. a shame really. i like her a lot better, than the other woman.

jeroen

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 6, 2018 19:05

Absolutely, I like her much more than the replacement.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 6, 2018 19:32

Why not? The possibility for that is as good as the possibility that President Trump is going to make America great again. Or whatever...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 6, 2018 19:33

Generally speaking Lisa was great in her backup singing role, but I don't think we'll ever see her again with the Stones for whatever reasons (all speculation).
Sasha's great, and I think she's better on Gimme Shelter as she's more restrained and closer to the original. On the other hand, Lisa tended to go off the deep end making it sound like a circus/opera making it all about her.
Those over the top vocal acrobatics sort of ruined the tune imo...it was nice to hear it once or twice, but after that it was overkill in a Mariah Carey sort of way.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 6, 2018 20:00

she's @#$%& touring with her own band and doing really well...her documentary was a world wide hit. Unfortunately for the rest of us the timing isn't right...its her moment in the spot light ( again...she was a solo artists a long time ago)... which she deserves.....has nothing to do with her weight...that's @#$%& up.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 6, 2018 20:04

judging from lisa fisher social media activity there's no hard feelings with the band (saw her liking posts from the band circle and bernard) but also she's very deep in her solo touring with the jazzy ensemble, it looks like she is digging her moment very much and that scale of show. very likely she wont be back with the stones. I like her very much as back up and think she and bernard have done together a great job in the latter day rolling stones show. in general i like her better than sasha though I see what Hairball means about gimme shelter.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: October 6, 2018 21:15

let's hope not......hasn't been able to sing since 1999

listen to gimme shelter from washington dc 2013 for a reference point.

she sounds like yoko ono on that one

the opera shrills on JJF, satisfaction, and iorr were TOO much.

from 94- 99 she was awesome

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 6, 2018 21:41

Lisa was amazing in the '90s. The Paradiso '95 version of Gimme Shelter still gives me chills:

[www.youtube.com]

Best post-Taylor version IMO.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 7, 2018 01:25

Sounds like bait from a troll question.

If it’s sincere, I answer:
Wow, never ceases to amaze me the certainty some fans have that the RS will keep playing live gigs / new tours
forever and ever and ever.
Granted,
it’s a miracle indeed so far,
but show me some signed contracts for next week,
then we can fret who is a back up singer.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 7, 2018 01:59

Love Lisa, but her playing days with the band are over.

When she travelled to Palm Springs area to do a concert near Desert Trip, the night before the Stones played, thought for sure she would make an appearance with them at the show. But, not to be.

Was a great concert of hers to be at though, where she (almost literally) passed the torch to Sasha as they sang Wild Horses for an encore.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-07 02:02 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 7, 2018 02:01

Lisa is great, but if she doesn't fit in with the Stones set up for the next Tour after her last, that is up to them.

Sasha is great as her replacement and works well with Bernard.

It is a multi- million deal when they hit the road and everything has to be spot on.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 7, 2018 02:30

Hairball
Generally speaking Lisa was great in her backup singing role, but I don't think we'll ever see her again with the Stones for whatever reasons (all speculation).
Sasha's great, and I think she's better on Gimme Shelter as she's more restrained and closer to the original. On the other hand, Lisa tended to go off the deep end making it sound like a circus/opera making it all about her.
Those over the top vocal acrobatics sort of ruined the tune imo...it was nice to hear it once or twice, but after that it was overkill in a Mariah Carey sort of way.
That's an interesting take on Lisa...never looked at it that way, but she was definitely prone to showing off her vocal chops more than the songs required at times.

I know NO ONE does anything onstage that Mick doesn't approve, so it's not her fault, but sometimes she was a little much in terms of prancing and dancing around the stage and taking the focus off the band. It got a little too Vegas-y when she and Mick would do little skits together.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 7, 2018 02:37

doubt we'll see her again …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stilllife09 ()
Date: October 7, 2018 05:01

Thanks guys,well when you think about what she was able to do on.. I'll go crazy, night time is the right time, monkey man, gimme shelter... I think it truly added something to the show. You will never get that from Sasha. And ok she is younger but not that much thinner smiling smiley).

OK well too bad for me then. I'll enjoy looking at some older videos

[setlist.fm]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-07 05:02 by Stilllife09.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: October 7, 2018 05:16

I never liked her or any of the other "background singers" that resided at the left rear of the stage.

It has always been my belief that Keith Richards should be the ONLY other singer besides Mick Jagger in The Rolling Stones.

When Keith ceased most, if not all background vocals, is when they took a major nose dive as a band.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 7, 2018 05:20

Omg

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: October 7, 2018 05:40

Keith has been incapable of properly singing backing vocals for well over a decade. The backup singers are necessary.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 7, 2018 15:51

Lisa had the Stones job for 25 years and was presumably well compensated over that time. Between that and session work, she's likely is well enough off where she can do what she wants. The 20 Feet movie put her in the spotlight. So it was time for her to leave the large corporation to start her own small business. The venues are smaller, but she's the boss, not an employee.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 7, 2018 16:07

No.

Date: October 7, 2018 17:04

Is guess what people here are missing is not so much Lisa's voice as her sex appeal. But they are to prude to admit that. Lisa had the whole package.
That is probably why she still has a big fan base here on IORR. Am I going out on a limb here....?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 7, 2018 17:36

Stoneage
Is guess what people here are missing is not so much Lisa's voice as her sex appeal. But they are to prude to admit that. Lisa had the whole package.
That is probably why she still has a big fan base here on IORR. Am I going out on a limb here....?

I am not prude. have stated that many times.
Lisa is a great singer, but SEXY as hell. Great body, and sexy charisma.
If only she would be at the Gigs in SA in 2021.
Boy..That would be great

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 7, 2018 17:48

corriecas
Stoneage

I am not prude. have stated that many times.
Lisa is a great singer, but SEXY as hell. Great body, and sexy charisma.
If only she would be at the Gigs in SA in 2021.
Boy..That would be great

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Date: October 7, 2018 17:53

Had. Past tense. Time waits for no one. Except, maybe, The Rolling Stones...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 7, 2018 19:54

podiumboy
Keith has been incapable of properly singing backing vocals for well over a decade. The backup singers are necessary.

Some say the same about Keith's guitar playing, and thankfully Ronnie has stepped up his game - imagine if he was still clowning around in a drunken stupor?
They'd have to bring back Blondie and/or let Chuck replicate more of the guitar playing on his keyboards which he already does in some cases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-07 19:55 by Hairball.

Date: October 7, 2018 19:57

podiumboy

Weird that he is still doing backing vocals, then?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 7, 2018 20:17

DandelionPowderman
podiumboy

Weird that he is still doing backing vocals, then?

Like wild horses and....and.....i guess that it. Some shows its nothing.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 7, 2018 20:23

Re: ‘Is Lisa Fisher ever going to tour again with the stones?’

Ask the dude who comes around here (is it Potus?)

‘Stones at MSG! Stones at MSG! It’s happening! I know it!’

He’s the only one sure of anything.
It’s all a crapshoot buddy.
Day to day.
Keep on rollin’

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home