Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: double vinyl
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 3, 2018 17:44

noughties
Why? Why this habit of making double vinyl of new recordings on vinyl? To satisfy the hi fi enthusiasts? The Stones do it, Deep Purple do it, and now Greta van Fleet do it. Now yer often left with only 2 songs per side. What about the pleasure of hearing 5 or 6 songs in a row?

In Greta's case, more than 2 songs per side and the full range of the screech starts to get lost.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 3, 2018 18:01

Maybe it has also something to do with the current state of music : overcomppressed mixes with heavy bass. That would also explain how Aftermath could fit on only one vinyl despite of the album length...

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: October 5, 2018 16:05

yes, heavy bass new more space on the LP.

In opinion, Blue and Lonesome should have been nicer on a single LP with no need to flip side every 3 songs.

I just get On Air on LP recently and it just fit well on double LP, with up to 8 (short) songs per side winking smiley and with a pretty strong Bill's bass.

I really think that selling price something to do with the single to double topic.
And it maybe the main cause.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 5, 2018 16:17

Blue & Lonesome is cut too bloody loud and is so obviously "brick walled" .
If it had been compressed less, with some real dynamic range retained, it would have sounded far better.

[...not just on vinyl but on any format , analogue or digital.]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 5, 2018 17:47

I agree, I'm not that impressed by Blue & Lonesome vinyl. Its sound's average at best. Even though it's a double vinyl.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: October 5, 2018 20:45

kowalski
I agree, I'm not that impressed by Blue & Lonesome vinyl. Its sound's average at best. Even though it's a double vinyl.

I agree too.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 11, 2018 08:55

kowalski

odd...should sound twice as good anyway.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 11, 2018 23:02

hhhhaaaaa .… that's the treacle we love … drippin' humour ..,.. hhhhaa

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home