Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: any cool Prague info?
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 24, 2018 12:57

I'm going to Prague on Wednesday (26th), a bit late to catch the Stones, but still it would be nice if anyone knowing the place to recommend some cool Stones/music-related places, pubs etc.. Or anything one could not find from typical tourist guides.. It's been 25 years since I visited the city last time, so I guess there'd been some changes since then... Beer supposed to be as good as always, though...

Oh yeah, on Saturday 29th I'll be, like our liddas here, catching a half century of existence (did that make any sense haha), so anyone around Prague then, feel free to party with me... I tell you the place later...smileys with beer

- Doxa, forever young

Re: OT: any cool Prague info?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 24, 2018 13:07

IORR's 'MikeyC' lives there I think ......... ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 24, 2018 13:07

Beautiful city architecturally, love it

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: September 24, 2018 13:42

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-24 13:42 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: September 24, 2018 16:25

Hipsters paces since you were last here Doxa.
Cafe v lese Cool bar most night's music not to much this weekend but Toots and the Maytals tonight!!!!
Altenberg 1964 hipsters Czech's bought an old cargo ship and refitted it for live music very cool been there twice now.
Bar no#7 no live music but a fun bar i go to....
Bukowski's Another good bar to check out
Frankies bar another one
Brevnovsky Klasterni Pivovar no music but great beer opened in the year 993..The Monks make the beer and they do a fine job of it....This is for having a quiet pint...only go if the weather is good...All these places have Facebook so you can research them to see if they hold any interest to you..

Date: September 24, 2018 16:27

Prague.tv has all events listed you should have a look there.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 24, 2018 18:05

Doxa

Oh yeah, on Saturday 29th I'll be, like our liddas here, catching a half century of existence (did that make any sense haha), so anyone around Prague then, feel free to party with me... I tell you the place later...smileys with beer

- Doxa, forever young

50 years old? Must be something wrong in your math ... me still in my twenties!!!

C

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 25, 2018 01:08

Go visit the Monastery!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 25, 2018 12:29

mikey C
Hipsters paces since you were last here Doxa.
Cafe v lese Cool bar most night's music not to much this weekend but Toots and the Maytals tonight!!!!
Altenberg 1964 hipsters Czech's bought an old cargo ship and refitted it for live music very cool been there twice now.
Bar no#7 no live music but a fun bar i go to....
Bukowski's Another good bar to check out
Frankies bar another one
Brevnovsky Klasterni Pivovar no music but great beer opened in the year 993..The Monks make the beer and they do a fine job of it....This is for having a quiet pint...only go if the weather is good...All these places have Facebook so you can research them to see if they hold any interest to you..

Cheers, mikey C! Thank you! I will check the places you recommend. By Facebook I mean, not by going to each one (though that wouldn't be such a bad option either..)grinning smiley

I've been in Prague three times before: 1989, 1991 and 1993 - the changes in political system, economy and everyday life were amazing to witness back then. "The tanks roll out, The Stones roll in" indeed... And I am sure the place is pretty different now. I've been wanting to visit Prague for a long time, my experiences back then were wonderful, an incredible city, but somehow it hasn't realized before. But good to go now!

Thank you all fellow IORReans for your recommendations! And liddas, I made a mistake, I meant a quarter century, not a half, of course... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-25 12:33 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 25, 2018 15:34

Beautiful city to visit.
You have to visit the castle. It is a very intersting visit, and also the place where the Stones were received by Valcal Havel

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: September 25, 2018 15:41

So how was Toots, Mikey?

Have a great trip (and a GREAT birthday), Doxa!

Date: September 25, 2018 16:44

Toots was great was on left side of the stage in the front..Got 5 fist bumps from him...Great set and a top band....Crowd was well into it also was at one of my favorite venues..M

Date: September 25, 2018 16:45

thumbs up

Date: September 26, 2018 13:34

Doxa,have a great time in Prague...Hope what i sent is of some use...And yes the Beer is still excellent!!!!!! M

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 26, 2018 15:57

For something unexpected and beyond the ordinary, head for the KGB Museum. An experience quite unlike anything else. Recommended!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 26, 2018 20:55

Old Chicago friend Rene Trossman has a decent blues band in Prague. You can check out his gig schedule at:
[www.renetrossman.com]

oh yes, plenty of good beer joints in Prague to boot...

Date: October 12, 2018 13:08

Doxa, have you already been and returned from Prague?
I had asked one of my oldest friends on the planet who lives there what he could suggest. He is a major, major Stonesfreak and has a collection that requires almost a separate apartment. He just told me to give you his phone #.
Anyway - Stoners going to Prague looking for answers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home