Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Any Ted Nugent fans out there?
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: September 24, 2018 04:59

RollingFreak
His first album, as well as a smattering of ones after, are great. Even fantastic. He lost it pretty quickly but had a the classic run many had in the 70s of like 5 pretty good album and then a live album thats basically the best of those. Ted was no exception.

As for today, I couldn't really care less about his politics. Sure he's a gun toting loon but I pay him to play guitar. So as long as he can still do that I'm fine. And honestly, he's entertaining. I may disagree with everything he stands for, but he's an entertaining figure and he's not hurting anyone. I just don't get when a musician's politics really bothers someone else. You pay to hear to the music. I have no problem being a Ted Nugent music fan, entertained by the man, and disagreeing with all his beliefs.

I'm with ya on this one... I'm payin' for the axe, so I can block out all the excessive viewpoints.

Ironically, I had uncles and cousins who attended Ted's seminars back in the day, and swore by him as an outdoorsman, but probably knew nothing of his music.

Just saw him in Huber Heights on 7-24 from the 8th row, my ears were ringin' for 2 days, just like I like it!!

Re: OT: Any Ted Nugent fans out there?
Posted by: barbequebob ()
Date: September 24, 2018 05:45

No!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 24, 2018 05:57

…. ALL Nugent fans are out there …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 24, 2018 07:08

barbequebob
No!

agreed...the mere notion that his ideas and politics aren't hurtful is preposterous and absurd...this thread should really be closed....not to mention no relation whatsoever to the RS's.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 24, 2018 11:03

Thanks for the comments.
He is certainly a controversial axeman.Politics aside I am enjoying his back catalogue.I would attend a concert if he ever returned to the UK.He certainly can still play and perform pretty well.

A lot of our musical heroes keep their politics and views hidden.I am sure if we knew their real takes on these issues it might put some of us off.Diplomacy and tact play a part.They know it might affect their fan base and revenue.I guess Nugent shoots from the hip.

Anyhow off to listen to Gonzo!

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 24, 2018 13:07

I like the song free for all, great riff but just thinking about him makes me cringe. A scumbag chickenhawk if there ever was one.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: September 24, 2018 13:27

Never got Ted ( owned his music ) and never will.

Date: September 24, 2018 13:45

Ah, the yearly «Any Ted Nugent fans out there»-thread! smiling smiley

When this thread pops up, for some reason I usually listen to some of his music.

Unfortunately, it leaves me cold every time...

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 24, 2018 14:15

no way.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 24, 2018 15:30

Used to like some of his records when I was a teenager.
Ashamed now of what he's become

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 24, 2018 15:33

I love the Nuge!!!

Date: September 24, 2018 16:00

I like him also...love what he is all about

Saw him many times in the late 70"s and several times more the years

Double Live Gonzo is a great Ted Album

Date: September 24, 2018 16:32

Forgetting about his politics and views, which are so insulting that I simply can not ignore them, and just focus on the rockn roll, I still always found there was something off-putting about him. It was that stage rap/ banter.
Take Leon Russel in his prime; like on the Concert for Bangla Desh. He would do those lowdown raps, and it was funny. But when TN did it , never sat right; dunno.

Date: October 9, 2018 02:44

Palace Revolution 2000
Forgetting about his politics and views, which are so insulting that I simply can not ignore them, and just focus on the rockn roll, I still always found there was something off-putting about him. It was that stage rap/ banter.
Take Leon Russel in his prime; like on the Concert for Bangla Desh. He would do those lowdown raps, and it was funny. But when TN did it , never sat right; dunno.
almost as insulting as the "other side" (ahem)

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 9, 2018 02:53

"The Other Side" is one of the few Aerosmith songs I genuinely like.

Ted Nugent doesn't do much for me musically. His views on animals make me dislike him strongly. I get the fact that he enjoys pressing people's buttons when it comes to hunting, guns, and his politics. That's fine. He has every right to express his opinions. Free speech is important. Even if his politics and Roger Waters' politics both make me cringe.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 9, 2018 09:30

Any musician spouting off about politics is stupid and boring.these aren’t well rounded people, music is based on emotion and musicians,no matter how much they try to hide behind a cool exterior,are overly emotional people.
Whether it’s being a fake tough guy like Ted Nugent or Keith Richards waving guns and knives around or a peacenick like James Taylor or John Lennon they’re all full of crap.
The passive ones don’t understand that their freedom was one for them at the end of a gun barrel and the fake tough guys don’t seem to understand those guns weren’t pointed at small animals or golf balls.
Entertainers act like children because to be really creative is to be somewhat childlike.in Teds mind he’s a Marine out on patrol even though he’s shooting at something that can’t shoot back,just like In Keith’s mind stabbing a knife into a table and yelling at a sycophant was the same as ambushing a guy and putting a knife to his throat,”so I took my blade out”-they’re children don’t take it seriously.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: October 9, 2018 10:06

far from beeing a fan, and far from liking his lifestyle or his politics of later years, but I loved his band The Amboy Dukes. What not to like about this and his guitar tones here :

[www.youtube.com]

and this :

[www.youtube.com]

resotele

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 9, 2018 10:52

he enjoys killing animals too much -- he is a very cruel person. i wish i could get my money back for the concert i saw of his in the early 80s.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 9, 2018 11:15

No..........I'm carnivorous, but agree with Little Queenie. He's a bit like the idiot that shot the aged lion in Africa.

I also think that he's even further to the right than that guy with the orange weave that's currently US President.

Date: October 9, 2018 17:14

lem motlow
Any musician spouting off about politics is stupid and boring.these aren’t well rounded people, music is based on emotion and musicians,no matter how much they try to hide behind a cool exterior,are overly emotional people.
Whether it’s being a fake tough guy like Ted Nugent or Keith Richards waving guns and knives around or a peacenick like James Taylor or John Lennon they’re all full of crap.
The passive ones don’t understand that their freedom was one for them at the end of a gun barrel and the fake tough guys don’t seem to understand those guns weren’t pointed at small animals or golf balls.
Entertainers act like children because to be really creative is to be somewhat childlike.in Teds mind he’s a Marine out on patrol even though he’s shooting at something that can’t shoot back,just like In Keith’s mind stabbing a knife into a table and yelling at a sycophant was the same as ambushing a guy and putting a knife to his throat,”so I took my blade out”-they’re children don’t take it seriously.

That was actually quite profound. Well done, lem.

[P.S. minus 1 point for writing "one" when you meant "won." That's why 99% of my posts are always edited after the fact.]

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 9, 2018 18:08

He crapped his own pants to get out of Vietnam

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 9, 2018 18:37

lem motlow

Waving guns and knives isn't poltical neccessarily.Sometimes it's just posing,sometimes something different of course.
In case a musician express his view on certain topics either in a song, at a show or in an interview...whatever...I guess he or she made up the mind to share this with the audience or in public.
This might be a twist on the nerve to some,to others it could be intersting what's the message...
Of course the mega rich superstars ( even the not so rich ) should be aware of their privileged position and most of them are,I hope at least.
Whether one share these opinions or statements is up to one's individual attitude.
I don't think musicians shouldn't talk about politics...they sometimes have a point.
Funny you didn't mention Dylan,Springsteen or Bono...all of them got their position,either in the past or up to now...
Concerning Gonzo...as far as I can judge by quotes,articles or clips I got the impression of a complete maniac.

Date: October 10, 2018 18:39

Hey short, be careful, you are only allowed ONE point of view on this site

Date: October 10, 2018 20:51

mnewman505
He crapped his own pants to get out of Vietnam

well no he didn't. story he gave to high times magazine. student deferment easily viewed online and confirmed by the college that he was enrolled there

Date: October 10, 2018 21:21

potus43

Nonsense, you're still here, aren't you? I've had posts deleted and threads I took part in deleted. That's Bjornulf's place to decide what stays and what goes. As far as political stances, I'm in the middle with leanings left and right depending on the issue. My views on this board clearly reflect that. I've never been banned once. More than one view is tolerated. Don't start fights and don't deliberately flout the board rules of conduct. Bjornulf may not like mixing with the clientele, but he's not a bad landlord as landlords go.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: October 11, 2018 02:41

NO....he should shut the #%&* up & play his guitar....imo he moved to texas just so it would be more convienent(?) to suck w's you know what....f him ...the D did not lose anything...

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 11, 2018 03:14

Rocky Dijon
potus43

Nonsense, you're still here, aren't you? I've had posts deleted and threads I took part in deleted. That's Bjornulf's place to decide what stays and what goes. As far as political stances, I'm in the middle with leanings left and right depending on the issue. My views on this board clearly reflect that. I've never been banned once. More than one view is tolerated. Don't start fights and don't deliberately flout the board rules of conduct. Bjornulf may not like mixing with the clientele, but he's not a bad landlord as landlords go.
People from potus' side of the aisle constantly pretend that they're the oppressed victim of censorship.

Whether they believe such nonsense or they simply use it as fuel for their endless grievance-rage complex is up for debate.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: October 11, 2018 04:24

Late to this but I have to say “no” to the question.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: October 11, 2018 04:53

I had the misfortune of watching a bit of Ted Nugent opening for Aerosmith once...around 1979. He was awful. We thought he was a bad joke...Johnny Winter on the other hand was on either before or after him and we thought he was great.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-11 04:57 by ThePaleRider.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 11, 2018 05:26

He's a comedy act. Nothing more.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home