Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 17
Re: OT: KISS announce (another) farewell tour
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 25, 2019 06:50

TKinOH
I remember reading a Paul quote back then where he said if you can't jam with just the guitar and an amp, the basics, then what's the point?

That quote is so Paul its hysterical. His "quotes" are some of the most unintentionally hilarious things ever. Mainly because then he does the exact opposite of what he's saying.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 25, 2019 16:12

RollingFreak
TKinOH
I remember reading a Paul quote back then where he said if you can't jam with just the guitar and an amp, the basics, then what's the point?

That quote is so Paul its hysterical. His "quotes" are some of the most unintentionally hilarious things ever. Mainly because then he does the exact opposite of what he's saying.

I took it back then as a gear quote, to just plug in and play, maybe I was wrong. That'll be my second mistake this decade! smoking smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 25, 2019 20:57

I have been enjoying KISS Army radio on Sirius XM. But Paul's quotes are almost all laughable.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 25, 2019 21:06

If you gave Paul and Gene enemas, they could both be buried in matchboxes.

(tip to the great Christopher Hitchens)

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 26, 2019 02:20

Who in their right mind would shell out big $ to hear Stanley lip sync?
Nikki Sixx of MC has called them out for lip syncing.
Please retire. Good musicians you are not.

Date: February 26, 2019 03:04

I listened to the whiskey a go go live concert 2019 on xm. And it sounded all live to me. And was better than great

And I love the stones. But why shell out big bucks to hear Keith play the SFTD guitar solo? On the best night it is terrible. But I still pay big bucks. At least Paul recorded or not sounds good

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-26 03:06 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 26, 2019 04:32

Knights In Shit Service.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 26, 2019 12:52

keefriff99
If you gave Paul and Gene enemas, they could both be buried in matchboxes.

(tip to the great Christopher Hitchens)
That is actually pretty good and very funny yet so true

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 26, 2019 12:53

jumpontopofmebaby
I listened to the whiskey a go go live concert 2019 on xm. And it sounded all live to me. And was better than great

And I love the stones. But why shell out big bucks to hear Keith play the SFTD guitar solo? On the best night it is terrible. But I still pay big bucks. At least Paul recorded or not sounds good
Lame

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 26, 2019 14:28

Kiss are a great band,looking forward to the UK shows.It appears the Kiss bashers have nowt else going on in their sad little lives.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 6, 2019 19:36

I need a little help.

I will see them in about a month and I know like 3 or 4 songs and need to get a little familiar with their stuff. I always thought it might be fun to see them just for the spectacle and this time I decided to go, mainly because ZZ Top open for them, which I am really looking forward to.

Okay, so what I need is one concert to watch that will prepare me for the concert. I am not looking for the best KISS concert ever, which would be probably 30 or 40 years old. I need something recent, that will represent what they play now. Something professionally shot and in a good quallity. Let's say something like what Havana Moon is for The Stones. Is there something like that?

Date: May 6, 2019 21:02

Happy24
I need a little help.

I will see them in about a month and I know like 3 or 4 songs and need to get a little familiar with their stuff. I always thought it might be fun to see them just for the spectacle and this time I decided to go, mainly because ZZ Top open for them, which I am really looking forward to.

Okay, so what I need is one concert to watch that will prepare me for the concert. I am not looking for the best KISS concert ever, which would be probably 30 or 40 years old. I need something recent, that will represent what they play now. Something professionally shot and in a good quallity. Let's say something like what Havana Moon is for The Stones. Is there something like that?

Personally I'd watch this. Its classic KISS in all their glory at their home arena doing every shtick they are known for. This was the last time they were truly great:

[www.youtube.com]

Having said that its also 20 years old. It hasn't really changed much since then besides original members leaving. If you want something more current, I guess KISS Rocks Vegas. I'm sure it sucks, I certainly haven't seen it, but its their most recent release and will be what they are now. Its not available in full on Youtube like the one above but it looks like all the songs are probably there based on a quick Youtube search. You can easily make a playlist and probably watch it as it would be on a DVD.

Date: May 7, 2019 02:51

Happy24
I need a little help.

i guess kiss in las vegas

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 7, 2019 03:13

Happy24
I need a little help.

Watch the 1996 shows...
DETROIT ROCK CITY TIGER STADIUM

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 7, 2019 03:52

Is Kiss a rock band or just an act? Four guys just playing their part

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 7, 2019 03:58

Cooltoplady

I have always put them more in the "act" category, similar to The Monkees.
Both used their act over time to become legit bands though so tough to say.

Date: May 7, 2019 04:15

MisterDDDD
Cooltoplady

I have always put them more in the "act" category, similar to The Monkees.
Both used their act over time to become legit bands though so tough to say.
They're a band, no question. They wrote the vast majority of their material and came up with their costuming and stage show themselves.

You can bash them for a lot of things, but they were a damn good band at one point.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: May 7, 2019 04:49

I saw them in Philadelphia the night before the Stones tour was postponed. They do have an excellent stage show this tour - and I think they may be recycling the Stones old octagonal video screen. They all do the same schtick they’ve done for decades, but if you have never seen them before you’ll enjoy it.

Go on YouTube and search for Kiss Minneapolis 2019. There’s a decent 2+ hour video from this tour - it will show you exactly what to expect.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 7, 2019 07:31

REPORT: KISS ACCUSED OF LIP-SYNCING LIVE, FAN GRANTED REFUND FOR CONCERT

"A KISS fan has accused the band of miming portions of their live performance, and a ticket holder to one of the group's shows was reportedly refunded after apparently watching guitarist Paul Stanley lip-syncing to a backing track. This, according to radio host Eddie Trunk of SiriusXM broadcast Trunk Nation, who recently dug up the issue when responding to a listener's inquiry on the air. Listen below.
As transcribed by Alternative Nation, Trunk listener Arch Hall wrote the radio personality to "find out how many ticket buyers have requested a refund due to terrible performances" before zeroing in on the rockers. "With bands like KISS for example, Paul Stanley's atrocious vocal performances would seriously upset me if I paid a substantial amount for a ticket and sit through some of the things I've seen uploaded to YouTube.

Trunk responded, "You’ve singled out KISS here but as far as what's going on there it's well documented and it's all over YouTube. Constant examples and proof that Paul is singing to a track. He has a track assisting him in his live performance. All you gotta do is Google that, YouTube that and there's a million — eventually they pull these videos down because they're so incriminating but it's been proven a thousand times online. So, he's not gonna sound all that bad on this tour because he’s using a track!"
The radio host continued, "I know a guy who spent a grand on four KISS tickets, in Boston, had never seen the band before, saw this stuff on YouTube that he wasn't gonna get a full live performance, went to Ticketmaster and said, 'I paid for live, this not fully live, I want a refund.' Twenty-four hours later, Ticketmaster issued the refund. That is interesting. This person sent me an email about it, this is a guy who is also in the business so this is not just a fan who is just trying to stir the pot."

The KISS lip-sync issue isn't new, and the group have been accused of giving less-than-live performances in the past. In their defense, former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach said back in February the band aren't faking it.
"KISS is not lip syncing," the musician communicated via his official Twitter account. "There are too busy putting on the greatest rock show you will ever see. Or not." … "Paul is definitely singing live," Bach stressed.
The tour to which Trunk was referring is KISS' ongoing "End of the Road" farewell run, which was first announced by the band last year."

[loudwire.com]

Date: May 7, 2019 07:41

hopkins
Trunk responded, "You’ve singled out KISS here but as far as what's going on there it's well documented and it's all over YouTube. Constant examples and proof that Paul is singing to a track. He has a track assisting him in his live performance. All you gotta do is Google that, YouTube that and there's a million — eventually they pull these videos down because they're so incriminating but it's been proven a thousand times online. So, he's not gonna sound all that bad on this tour because he’s using a track!"
The radio host continued, "I know a guy who spent a grand on four KISS tickets, in Boston, had never seen the band before, saw this stuff on YouTube that he wasn't gonna get a full live performance, went to Ticketmaster and said, 'I paid for live, this not fully live, I want a refund.' Twenty-four hours later, Ticketmaster issued the refund. That is interesting. This person sent me an email about it, this is a guy who is also in the business so this is not just a fan who is just trying to stir the pot."
I'm sorry, but if the guy is "in the business" why the @#$%& would he be stupid enough to:

1. spend a grand on KISS tickets, even if its for 4 of them
or 2. not know that they are lip syncing on this tour? You're spending $1000 on a band you'd think you at least enjoy and haven't caught one headline on this tour about him lip syncing? I get that you don't have to be a super fan but that seems strange to me, especially if you're "in the business". If you're that blase about it, AND you're willing to spend that money, I'm surprised the place where he gets some sense is when he finds out they're lip syncing. If you've already spent that money I'm shocked you do any research and care. Maybe thats just me.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 7, 2019 07:55

Thank you guys very much for your advices, it helps a lot, since there is obviously tons of stuff to watch and for someone like me, who doesn't know almost anything about them, it is impossible to pick 2 or 3 videos that I need to see. Thanks, I'll watch what you have recommended.

Date: May 7, 2019 08:17

Happy24
Thank you guys very much for your advices, it helps a lot, since there is obviously tons of stuff to watch and for someone like me, who doesn't know almost anything about them, it is impossible to pick 2 or 3 videos that I need to see. Thanks, I'll watch what you have recommended.
I agree with what others have posted...the '96 shows are a good start, but be warned that Paul's voice has unfortunately deteriorated a LOT since then.

Maybe a better alternative, as keefriffhard suggested, is to check out Kiss Rocks Vegas from their 2014 residency...here's an audio playlist from YouTube:

[www.youtube.com]

The video is probably also available to rent. The vocals here are closer to what you'll hear, plus it features the current band members (Thayer and Singer).

Date: May 7, 2019 08:20

RollingFreak
hopkins
I'm sorry, but if the guy is "in the business" why the @#$%& would he be stupid enough to:

or 2. not know that they are lip syncing on this tour? You're spending $1000 on a band you'd think you at least enjoy and haven't caught one headline on this tour about him lip syncing? I get that you don't have to be a super fan but that seems strange to me, especially if you're "in the business". If you're that blase about it, AND you're willing to spend that money, I'm surprised the place where he gets some sense is when he finds out they're lip syncing. If you've already spent that money I'm shocked you do any research and care. Maybe thats just me.
I don't get it either. Never before in human history has more information been available to us with a few keystrokes and mouse clicks, and people are STILL too lazy to do it.

I guess research comes naturally to me as an engineer, but still, I just can't understand how people can't be bothered to look up basic facts or do the most rudimentary of research on things they're supposedly interested in .

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 7, 2019 09:07

I think it's a plus that he's not singing!
for the fans, baby; he knows they deserve a singer and is faking that in the studio, people. you wanna kill that hairy monkey or whut, people?
dang do they botox their friggin' ARMS; the sleevless numbers not working
for those pansies anymore, i'm a real fan; i APPRECIATED IT when they spared us real live with Kiss Alive; that albums was great!! it's cold gin time aginnn,
it's cold gin time agin....it's cold gin time agin...everybody...it's cold gin time again; hey, i said everybody, people...
he's gonna skype in the rest of it from his couch and you'll still get the fireworks, what the truck you expect for only a few grand plus merch?
get real please.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 7, 2019 14:41

Hopkins......you stopped taking your medication again

Date: May 7, 2019 18:03

keefriff99
RollingFreak
hopkins

I don't get it either. Never before in human history has more information been available to us with a few keystrokes and mouse clicks, and people are STILL too lazy to do it.

I guess research comes naturally to me as an engineer, but still, I just can't understand how people can't be bothered to look up basic facts or do the most rudimentary of research on things they're supposedly interested in .

And everything is so @#$%& expensive! I understand just wanting to go see Fleetwood Mac or something, but seriously, you're paying $300 and you don't look into anything or bone up on some songs?! Seems insane to me. I assume people just really have that much disposable income these days.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 7, 2019 18:16

I could easily see spending $250 on seeing an act and not knowing anything about their current performances.

Would never do it for KISS, but there are several examples where I could see it happening- Elton John, Bob Seger, Paul Simon, etc. As a matter of fact that is always my preferred MO if I am able. Also as a matter of fact, I did just that not long ago for Bob Seger. A fan from way back and hadn't seen him in decades, the last thing I would have done is go on Youtube or read a bunch of reviews to "research". Love showing up not knowing anything about the show reviews, setlists et al., adds to the experience in my opinion.

Date: May 7, 2019 18:20

MisterDDDD
I could easily see spending $250 on seeing an act and not knowing anything about their current performances.

Would never do it for KISS, but there are several examples where I could see it happening- Elton John, Bob Seger, Paul Simon, etc. As a matter of fact that is always my preferred MO if I am able. Also as a matter of fact, I did just that not long ago for Bob Seger. A fan from way back and hadn't seen him in decades, the last thing I would have done is go on Youtube or read a bunch of reviews to "research". Love showing up not knowing anything about the show reviews, setlists et al., adds to the experience in my opinion.
That's not exactly what I mean. I'm talking about things like the length of the show, who's in the band, etc. Are you actually going to get your money's worth?

It would be like going to see KISS and being pissed off that Ace Frehley isn't in the band anymore...and there ARE people like that.

Date: May 7, 2019 18:27

Exactly. No I don't like to look up in advance and know the show. I know I don't need to look up Elton John and know I'm gonna get a stellar show. But I don't get the people that pay $250 to see like the Eagles and they're like "I'm just here for Hotel California" and then just sit there on their phones if they play a nonhit. Its like "bro, you couldn't be bothered to listen to their 6 albums? Its 3 hours of your time, you really don't care that much. Or yeah, not knowing Lindsey Buckingham isn't in Fleetwood Mac. It does at times boggle my mind.

When I saw Pearl Jam I did RESEARCH to make sure I was prepared for their show. Listened to their albums, I didn't want to be bored and lost. And it made for a way better show. Meanwhile, my friend was like "they only played like 1 Ten song." I know everyone have different MOs but when you spend so much money I'm surprised how little people are invested. You don't have to be waiting your whole life for it, but at least take some interest in what you're seeing. And at least be considerate if you don't care. People pay all this money then get entitled when they don't even care about the band.

OT: KISS another farewell tour?
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 4, 2019 05:05

How many times Kiss said bye already? I believe in 2001 and 2012. Today announced almost 90 dates around the world. WIth NYC last show of their End Of The Road World Tour next July 17th of 2021.

[www.dirtyrock.info]

Carlitos
Tenerife

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home