Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 17
Re: OT: KISS announce (another) farewell tour
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 30, 2019 18:50

Im with Gene on this one. Ace is sober? I dont know. He doesnt rehearse and it shows. Had I been Gene or Paul Id never ever ask them to rejoin. And im a fan of the original KISS.

Date: January 30, 2019 18:51

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: January 30, 2019 18:54

Whatever happened to Criss?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 30, 2019 19:13

God, they are SUCH @#$%& @#$%&. "Its not up to us." YEAH @#$%& RIGHT. Its amazing that their "fans" will go along with that. At least be transparent and not BS, but that is the KISS way. Also, Gene on Vinnie Vincent: dude, you used him to sell your box? Now you just throw him right back under the bus. These guys have NO shame.

Ace's response is perfect. @#$%& them. Listen, Ace is a total two timer and is also a shifty guy. He's yelled this stuff before then buddy buddies with them, but in this case he's right. He does play full shows and he does them better than their pathetic excuse for KISS shows. Nice @#$%& job Ace.

masseywinos

What happened then or what's happening now? Criss WAS fired three times, Ace left by his own accord both times. Nowadays, he's basically retired. He was a good deal older than them and can't really hack the drums anymore. I think he wants a sort of quieter life, but it would be cool to see him for a show or two. But anyone that knows anything about Peter knows he could never tour anymore. I think he'd be the first to say it.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 19:49

It's just a Mexican soup opera! Hope Ace got at least a few bucks for the free press

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 20:12

RollingFreak
God, they are SUCH @#$%& @#$%&. "Its not up to us." YEAH @#$%& RIGHT. Its amazing that their "fans" will go along with that. At least be transparent and not BS, but that is the KISS way. Also, Gene on Vinnie Vincent: dude, you used him to sell your box? Now you just throw him right back under the bus. These guys have NO shame.

Ace's response is perfect. @#$%& them. Listen, Ace is a total two timer and is also a shifty guy. He's yelled this stuff before then buddy buddies with them, but in this case he's right. He does play full shows and he does them better than their pathetic excuse for KISS shows. Nice @#$%& job Ace.

masseywinos

What happened then or what's happening now? Criss WAS fired three times, Ace left by his own accord both times. Nowadays, he's basically retired. He was a good deal older than them and can't really hack the drums anymore. I think he wants a sort of quieter life, but it would be cool to see him for a show or two. But anyone that knows anything about Peter knows he could never tour anymore. I think he'd be the first to say it.
Peter's in his 70s and is a cancer survivor. He can still play here and there, but he's basically retired.

Date: January 30, 2019 20:13

RollingFreak

masseywinos

on a technicality criss was only fired 1 time. the other 2 times he had a contract and was there until that contract was up. then they didn't renew it at first. then did and then after that contract was up they never attempted to renew again

Date: January 30, 2019 20:16

Redhotcarpet
Im with Gene on this one. Ace is sober? I dont know. He doesnt rehearse and it shows. Had I been Gene or Paul Id never ever ask them to rejoin. And im a fan of the original KISS.
I admit that I watch recent interviews of his and he sounds punch-drunk, but Ace has always acted REALLY loopy...it's hard to tell if he's sober or not, but I tend to think he is.

Date: January 30, 2019 20:38

Looking forward to seeing them in April as part of my bands bucket list no matter what the naysayers say...

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:18

keefriff99
Redhotcarpet
I admit that I watch recent interviews of his and he sounds punch-drunk, but Ace has always acted REALLY loopy...it's hard to tell if he's sober or not, but I tend to think he is.
You can tell about his sobriety if you seen one of his solo shows in recent years in how he plays and sings versus the time I seen him in makeup with Gene, Paul, and Peter and he was wasted

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 30, 2019 21:39

why would you announce to quit something then go and do it again for 2 years, it dosent make sense, wouldnt it be better to just do shorter tours then decide at the end if theres going to be another. maybe theyre just looking for attention.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:01

buttons67
why would you announce to quit something then go and do it again for 2 years, it dosent make sense, wouldnt it be better to just do shorter tours then decide at the end if theres going to be another. maybe theyre just looking for attention.

Plausible answer, in order of significance:

1) Money
2) Money
3) -:-
10) They don't know anything else and don't know what to do with all spare time...

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: January 31, 2019 00:44

There’s a lengthy (1/2 hour) clip on Kiss Facebook page showing the stage being assembled. Including one rather large octagon shaped video screen. I’ll bet it’s recycled from the Stones stage a few years back.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 31, 2019 01:27

A money grab. I will take a drunk Ace on an instrument over Simmons sober on his bass any day of the week.

Date: January 31, 2019 12:55

Midnight Toker
A money grab. I will take a drunk Ace on an instrument over Simmons sober on his bass any day of the week.
That's it in a nutshell !

Date: January 31, 2019 15:09

TheGreek
keefriff99
Redhotcarpet
You can tell about his sobriety if you seen one of his solo shows in recent years in how he plays and sings versus the time I seen him in makeup with Gene, Paul, and Peter and he was wasted
Yeah, like I said, I tend to believe him when he says he's sober, but he has a loopy, slurry way of speaking that sometimes makes it seem like he's more out of it than he really is.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 31, 2019 16:01

keefriff99
TheGreek
keefriff99
Redhotcarpet
Yeah, like I said, I tend to believe him when he says he's sober, but he has a loopy, slurry way of speaking that sometimes makes it seem like he's more out of it than he really is.

As does Keith....

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: January 31, 2019 17:10

Stoneage
buttons67

Plausible answer, in order of significance:

1) Money
2) Money
3) -:-
10) They don't know anything else and don't know what to do with all spare time...

Just like the Stones.

Date: January 31, 2019 17:27

Elmo Lewis
keefriff99
TheGreek
keefriff99
Redhotcarpet

As does Keith....

But do we believe he's sober? winking smiley

PS: He sounded remarkably sober in that recent radio interview, btw. Almost like a different person..

Date: January 31, 2019 17:30

DandelionPowderman
Elmo Lewis
keefriff99
TheGreek
keefriff99
Redhotcarpet

As does Keith....

But do we believe he's sober? winking smiley

PS: He sounded remarkably sober in that recent radio interview, btw. Almost like a different person..
Keith can sound very coherent if he's not overly-inebriated on something. Ace is perpetually loopy-sounding regardless of whether he's sober or not, as others have attested to (like Eddie Trunk).

Date: January 31, 2019 18:41

keefriff99
TheGreek
keefriff99
Redhotcarpet
Just check out recent you tube clips from the past several years and you can see for your self Ace's playing skills and judge for your self . To me it's all about his playing skills up and down the fretboard .

Date: February 1, 2019 16:14

Here's some footage from opening night...

Detroit Rock City

Lick It Up

Do You Love Me?

Rock'n'Roll All Nite

01. Detroit Rock City
02. Shout It Out Loud
03. Deuce
04. Say Yeah
05. Heaven's On Fire
06. War Machine
07. Lick It Up
08. 100,000 Years
09. God Of Thunder
10. Cold Gin
11. Psycho Circus
12. I Love It Loud
13. Hide Your Heart
14. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
15. Love Gun
16. I Was Made For Lovin' You
17. Black Diamond

Encore:

18. Beth
19. Do You Love Me
20. Rock And Roll All Nite

Date: February 1, 2019 16:17

Some of these songs are so down-tuned by can barely tell what they are. Appears to be a lot of phantom instrumentation and vocals going on.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 1, 2019 16:20

Thoughts on setlist?

Where are Strutter, Hotter Than Hell, Hard Luck Woman, and Rock Bottom?

Date: February 1, 2019 16:23

Well, I'm not the BIGGEST Kiss fan, but they said they were really going to go all out in terms of making the set longer and digging deep into the catalog.

This is NOT that. It's pretty much the same ol', same ol'. These guys are masters at spewing the same tired old shtick and not delivering.

Date: February 1, 2019 16:24

keefriff99
Well, I'm not the BIGGEST Kiss fan, but they said they were really going to go all out in terms of making the set longer and digging deep into the catalog.

This is NOT that. It's pretty much the same ol', same ol'. These guys are masters at spewing the same tired old shtick and not delivering.

I saw them a few years ago, and they didn't play 8 of these songs back then.

Date: February 1, 2019 16:26

They've been playing a lot of these songs the last few years.

Date: February 1, 2019 16:36

A lot of people online who are bigger KISS fans than me are disappointed with both the length and composition of the set.

Cool stage, but it REALLY takes something special to wow people in 2019.

Date: February 1, 2019 16:59

thats almost a stock recent setlist

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 1, 2019 17:14

Thats exactly the kind of shit setlist I expected from them. Short, NOTHING of note, and just plain boring. Amazing how rabid fans will just eat this up and try to justify it. I'd like to see KISS succeed but sometimes you've just followed them for so long you know they'll disappoint. The more they hype something, the worse it is. The fake setlist that went around was better than this one.

[i.redd.it]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-01 17:15 by RollingFreak.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1449
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home