Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17
Re: OT: KISS announce (another) farewell tour
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 29, 2018 19:53

Paddy
Man I hate Kiss.

Lol... smileys with beer...but somehow we still look at this thread! grinning smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 29, 2018 19:56

North America

Jan. 31 - Vancouver, BC, Canada @ Rogers Arena
Feb. 01 - Portland, OR @ Rose Garden Moda Center
Feb. 02 - Tacoma, WA @Tacoma Dome
Feb. 04 - Spokane, WA @ Spokane Arena
Feb. 07 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena
Feb. 08 - Fresno, CA @ Save Mart Center
Feb. 09 - Sacramento, CA @ Golden 1 Center
Feb. 12 - Anaheim, CA @ Honda Center
Feb. 13 - Glendale, AZ @ Gila River Arena
Feb. 15 - Las Vegas, NV @ T-Mobile Arena
Feb. 16 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
Feb. 19 - Corpus ChrisW, TX @ American Bank Center
Feb. 20 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
Feb. 22 - New Orleans, LA @ Smoothie King Center
Feb. 23 - Memphis, TN @ FedEx Forum
Feb. 26 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Chesapeake
Feb. 27 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
Mar. 01 - Milwaukee, WI @ Fiserv Forum
Mar. 02 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
Mar. 04 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
Mar. 06 - Sioux Falls, SD @ Denny Sanford Premier Center
Mar. 07 - Omaha, NE @ CenturyLink Center
Mar. 09 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena
Mar. 10 - Moline, IL @ Mark of the Quad CiWes
Mar. 12 - Louisville, KY @ KFC Yum! Center
Mar. 13 - Detroit, MI @ Lible Caesars Arena
Mar. 16 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
Mar. 17 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
Mar. 19 - Montreal, QC, @ Canada Bell Centre
Mar. 20 - Toronto, ON, @ Canada Air Canada Centre
Mar. 22 - Uniondale, NY @ Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Mar. 23 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
Mar. 26 - Boston, MA TD @ Garden
Mar. 27 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
Mar. 29 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
Mar. 30 - Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
Apr. 02 - Quebec City, QC @ Videotron Centre
Apr. 03 - Obawa, ON @ Canadian Tire Centre
Apr. 06 - Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena
Apr. 07 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
Apr. 09 - Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
Apr. 11 - Tampa, FL@ Amalie Arena
Apr. 12 - Jacksonville, FL@ Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
Apr. 13 - Birmingham, AL @ BJCC

Europe

May 27 - Leipziger Messe - Leipzig, Germany
May 29 - Stadthalle - Vienna, Austria
May 31 - Konigsplatz - Munich, Germany
Jun. 02 - Georg Meiches Stadium - Essen, Germany
Jun. 04 - Waldbuhne - Berlin, Germany
Jun. 05 - Expo-Plaza - Hannover, Germany
Jun. 07 - Sweden Rock Festival - Sölvesborg, Sweden
Jun. 11 - Ice Arena - St. Petersburg, Russia
Jun. 13 - Dinamon Stadium - Moscow, Russia
Jun. 16 - Nsa Stadium - Kiev, Ukraine
Jun. 18 - Tauron Arena - Krakow, Poland
Jun. 25 - Ziggo Dome - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Jun. 27 - Tons Of Rock - Oslo, Norway
Jun. 28 - Trondheim Rocks - Trondheim, Norway
Jul. 02 - Ippodromo Snai San Siro - Milan, Italy
Jul. 04 - Hallenstadion - Zurich, Switzerland
Jul. 06 - Rennbahn - Iffezheim, Germany
Jul. 09 - Birmingham Arena - Birmingham, England
Jul. 11 - O2 Arena - London, England
Jul. 12 - Manchester Arena - Manchester, England
Jul. 14 - Newcastle Arena - Newcastle, England
Jul. 16 - Sse Hydro - Glasgow, Scotland

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 29, 2018 23:23

I'll be getting tix for opening night! I'm surprised they're playing so many shows so close together. 7 shows in the first 10 days and plenty of back to back nights. Wonder how Paul's voice will hold out.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 29, 2018 23:25

Wow talk about rock until you drop!And no doubt South America,Ausralia etc will follow.Sounds a bit too ambitious.Still I will catch some of the UK shows.Hope Ace is in there somewhere.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 29, 2018 23:26

DGA35
I'll be getting tix for opening night! I'm surprised they're playing so many shows so close together. 7 shows in the first 10 days and plenty of back to back nights. Wonder how Paul's voice will hold out.

Simple, it won't. And he hasn't in decades when they've done that.

Date: October 29, 2018 23:41

RollingFreak
DGA35

Simple, it won't. And he hasn't in decades when they've done that.

Glad I'll be seeing them opening night then! Maybe do a lot of Gene songs.

My brother just drove down from Vancouver to Seattle then flying to Florida to go on the KISS cruise. I'm sure he'll get lots of info about guest appearances, etc.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 30, 2018 12:27

A nice article in the newest edition of Guitar Player with Ace Frehley who is as funny and clever as ever . Some highlights for me in the article were when Ace was asked about the reunion tour and responded by saying you would have to ask Gene and Paul about that . Then he was asked would he be on board and he responded in typical KISS/Ace fashion by saying "if the money was right " then laughs . Ace has a new album out "Spaceman" with 2 songs co writing with Gene (who by the way told him to name the album Spaceman ) and said it was very easy writing with Gene because they have some kind of formula from the old days . Ace was asked if he regrets leaving KISS in the old days and he said he did not regret it . Then he was asked if he has any new guitar inventions a-la- smoke and fire coming out from the pickup on his Les Paul or shooting pyro out of his Les Paul Headstock or the lights on his Les Paul like body and he responds that yes he has some new inventions but they are in his head and he does not want to give them away quite yet . Ace being Ace . Seeing him live the most recent time in 2014 after his smoke and fire coming out of his Les Paul Pickup he responds to the crowd with these immortal words of "Still Smoking after 40 years " Ace rocks smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-30 12:29 by TheGreek.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: October 30, 2018 13:36

I'd be surprised if they fill these venues, they would have to have a very low ticket price to come close.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-30 13:37 by Ket.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 30, 2018 15:42

Ket
I'd be surprised if they fill these venues, they would have to have a very low ticket price to come close.

Prices range from $26 to $1000

Anybody have a presale code? Just want one of the cheapest for the Forum.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 30, 2018 16:49

I've never understood the appeal of KISS, facepaint or no facepaint. I suppose it's the spectacle of it all. Though their cover of "2000 Man" on their MTV Unplugged album a number of years ago (I think during the paintless era?) is interesting.

Date: October 30, 2018 17:00

floodonthepage
I've never understood the appeal of KISS, facepaint or no facepaint.

I always thought Kiss had a bunch of tunes among the best rock tracks ever.

Detroit, Love Gun, Sure know something... All Paul's. But that was it. I never liked that much anything else.
I friend of mine is a die hard fan. He even has the origibal 1978 Bally pinball (you can check it out: [www.youtube.com] . He always tried to turn me on, unsuccesfully.

Once I was checking some data on Paul's Washburn V and came across a post on a forum regarding some wierd quote about Ace giving a blowjob to Peter.
And that got me into Kisstory.

All the feuds, all the drama, all of Paul's bullshit about "the victory lap"... All that is so stupidly funny that I became not a Kiss fun but a Kiss Bullshit fan.

By the way, this friend of mine gave me a ticket to see Gene solo and that was a real cool show. Ace solo was great, too, but Gene's band was tighter and had a better setlist.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 31, 2018 00:37

I bought the first Kiss album based off the album cover. That was it. Never a fan.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 31, 2018 01:45

Obawa. Hmm. All this time I thought I lived in Ottawa.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2018 04:01

jamesfdouglas
Obawa. Hmm. All this time I thought I lived in Ottawa.

No, you're thinking of the last US president.

Date: October 31, 2018 22:29

Picked up tickets for Vancouver via Amex presales. Lower bowl endzone, $99 Cdn plus service charges so $250 Cdn for 2, pretty reasonable.
All these bands announcing farewell tours are doing great as far as ticket sales go. Paul Simon, KISS, Seger, Elton. If Elton came to Vancouver and it wasn't announced as his farewell tour, I'm sure he would sell out Rogers Arena but since it's his farewell, 2 shows sold out.

Date: October 31, 2018 23:11

DGA35
Picked up tickets for Vancouver via Amex presales. Lower bowl endzone, $99 Cdn plus service charges so $250 Cdn for 2, pretty reasonable.
All these bands announcing farewell tours are doing great as far as ticket sales go. Paul Simon, KISS, Seger, Elton. If Elton came to Vancouver and it wasn't announced as his farewell tour, I'm sure he would sell out Rogers Arena but since it's his farewell, 2 shows sold out.

Lotta fools out there. I can't call the artists dumb cause it works as a gimmick.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 1, 2018 09:00

They never sold out the London 02 last visit.I don't think they will sell out any of these shows.
I checked out the VIP packages.Crazy prices for meet and greets.My goodness you can even try on their footwear.It seems they will do anything for you if you throw enough dollars at them.How greedy and how sad.
At least our Stones heroes did the meet and greets for charity.

Date: November 5, 2018 05:17

In the least surprising news ever: Ace played with KISS for the first time in 17 years on this weekend's KISS Kruise. Ace is a solo performer on the Kruise so this reunion was heavily expected. He played acoustically with them out of makeup, so no word on what it would be like if he were to join them with makeup with Tommy Thayer on stage. Story below and video within it.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Was also nice to see Bruce Kulick was there and involved. Its sad. KISS is so way completely past their prime but they could actually do a farewell tour with some dignity. Its giving them way too much of a handicap, but if they went out and played with Ace, with Bruce, with Vinnie Vincent, with Peter, really make it about the entire history of KISS, put together a setlist that really highlights their whole career, it could actually be a pretty special tour for fans if they put in any effort from the heart. It would be a nice closing chapter. Its sad they only do this stuff when they need a gimmick.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 5, 2018 08:38

well i'll say my farewell's right now.
bye boys. the first few years were ok.
but for the last half century they can pretty much 'kiss' my buttafucci.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 5, 2018 11:21

Not a single show in France ?
WTF !
There is a hole in the agenda on June 30 though...

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: November 5, 2018 13:16

As a kid in high school when they were hot, mid to late 70s, they were a shite load of fun! Not a thinking man's band, but sometimes that's ok. They were fun, they were loud, and they were different! When all you heard on the radio was Hall and Oates and some of the other laid back groups, you just needed to let it all hang out and have fun without thinking about it.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 5, 2018 13:40

i saw the "love gun" tour in high school. cheap trick touring on "in colour" opened. not a big mystery where the better music was for me even back then. i'll leave the kiss experience at that.

Date: November 5, 2018 13:54

Ace back on stage with KISS , WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 5, 2018 21:23

Punching that 70's band itch ticket at the Raleigh show!
Three generations tour for us. Wife, me, daughter and granddaughter.
Hey got to keep the music bloodline going somehow.

See you there.

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: November 5, 2018 21:26

Doc
Not a single show in France ?
WTF !
There is a hole in the agenda on June 30 though...

This is being billed as a 2 year tour so I'm sure they'll play every market in the world.

Date: November 6, 2018 13:09

Another thought after watching Ace reunite with KISS (Gene and Paul ) is the headlights look of a deer crossing the road of Tommy Thayer , just the same as when Ace Reunited in 1995 and the look on Bruce Kulick face . As this is the end my only friend the end . Seriously I have a funny feeling that KISS might have both Tommy Thayer and Bruce Kulick in addition to Ace for the End of the Road tour . I could be wrong , which I probably am wrong . Tommy Thayer will probably have to give the Spaceman costume and makeup back to Ace .

Date: November 6, 2018 15:18

TheGreek
Another thought after watching Ace reunite with KISS (Gene and Paul ) is the headlights look of a deer crossing the road of Tommy Thayer , just the same as when Ace Reunited in 1995 and the look on Bruce Kulick face . As this is the end my only friend the end . Seriously I have a funny feeling that KISS might have both Tommy Thayer and Bruce Kulick in addition to Ace for the End of the Road tour . I could be wrong , which I probably am wrong . Tommy Thayer will probably have to give the Spaceman costume and makeup back to Ace .

I don't think Tommy is gone but he's being put in a very weird position, the position everyone knew was possible when he joined and wasn't his own character. Bruce Kulick was never his taking over Ace's spot, so its less weird when he comes back. Tommy Thayer has BEEN Ace for the last 20 years. So now that Ace is back, its hard to have them both. Tommy has been too loyal to get fired, but I don't know how you swing this. They aren't gonna have TWO Spacemen on stage, and it would also make no sense for Ace to come out without makeup while Tommy is up there in HIS makeup, or not there at all. It would also seem weird if Tommy leaves and Ace comes out in the makeup. Cause again, what KISS have pushed the last 20 years is no one cares who's in the makeup, so Ace and Tommy just swapping would seem ultra weird.

I don't know what position you do. I don't think Tommy was as worried as Bruce was because Tommy is secure, he's not going anywhere. Its just that sorta weird thing where you realize that no one cares about you if Ace is there and its hard to have a spot for both of them in a makeup show. Again, always the weird position KISS put THEMSELVES in. I'm very curious to see how awkward it gets. Because 100% KISS are gonna need Ace to sell this tour. Without him its gonna be nothing. But there's no way Tommy is going anywhere, so I wanna see how they deal with this cause no logical option really makes that much sense.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 6, 2018 15:46

Ace can be so sloppy that he makes Keith at his worst look like Joe Satriani.

Even as someone who would enjoy seeing Ace back onstage with KISS, I don't know if he can hack an entire tour without screwing up extensively, sober or not. Thayer may be a soulless clone, but he's a consummate professional and does his job every night.

And I think Ace already said there's no way he's going onstage without the Space Ace makeup, and he's not open to sharing it...so there's that. But of course, he seems more interested in getting paid than any principles, so we'll see how that works out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-06 15:46 by keefriff99.

Date: November 6, 2018 16:13

As we discuss this, the whole thing is weird ? I do not have a clue as to how Gene and Paul spin this except for the fact they need Ace for legitimacy and also to sell tickets and cash out one more time ( ? ) I could just imagine that Gene , Paul and Ace doing the tour and selling massive amounts of tickets , not withstanding Paul's vocal issues (which from the other night on the 4 songs which Paul sang like 1 I think his voice sounded okay ) I could see Gene , Paul , and Ace saying the the fans want to see us continue and the Farewell tour or never ending tour does not end and continues ? Seriously , that is exactly how Gene and Paul think !

Date: November 6, 2018 16:35

TheGreek
As we discuss this, the whole thing is weird ? I do not have a clue as to how Gene and Paul spin this except for the fact they need Ace for legitimacy and also to sell tickets and cash out one more time ( ? ) I could just imagine that Gene , Paul and Ace doing the tour and selling massive amounts of tickets , not withstanding Paul's vocal issues (which from the other night on the 4 songs which Paul sang like 1 I think his voice sounded okay ) I could see Gene , Paul , and Ace saying the the fans want to see us continue and the Farewell tour or never ending tour does not end and continues ? Seriously , that is exactly how Gene and Paul think !

Currently, here's what I think is gonna happen, or what they hope they can pull off:

They have gone from saying no Ace and Peter to "never say never". Now they had Ace and Bruce guest with them, as well as Vinnie Vincent playing a Preparty cruise thing, although its possible Gene and Paul had nothing to do with that. I think what they are doing is trying to not have to commit to Ace, but use him to sell tickets. Use him guesting as a way to go viral and say "see?! You have to see the tour because maybe this will happen again!" when they actually have no intention of that. If they could they WOULDN'T have Ace. They are doing everything they can to NOT have to add him permanently. This is their last effort I think. If it doesn't sell, I think they're gonna have to use Ace like the Stones used Taylor. Ace is never gonna be "back" the way Slash just came back to GNR. He will be a guest if anything, and I think they are trying their best to make it seem possible without having to actually do it. Total KISS move, then pretend when they do need him this was the plan all along. Because Ace continually says he has not been asked to join the tour and I believe that. Good thing for Gene and Paul is Ace will do anything for the money so they don't have to commit to him cause Ace ain't goin anywhere.

I don't think they're gonna continue past this tour. Yeah I know they had a farewell then continued but this is 20 years later. They are too old and this really will be the end. But this is gonna be a hard sell, almost to the point that it seems like more trouble than its worth. Like, why even bother putting in all this effort to a tour thats never gonna be a sure thing even if you get all the right people? So weird and dumb.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home