Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 17
OT: KISS Farewell Tour
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 21, 2018 01:53

Just read online that KISS has announced their farewell tour which will span over a couple of years. They already had a farewell tour in 2000 but then toured again a couple years later. Would be good of Ace and Peter would join. No dates have been announced yet. I'm guessing NYC will be their final show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-16 19:24 by bv.

Re: OT: KISS announce (another) farewell tour
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 21, 2018 02:43

I’m guessing that their final show won’t be their final show winking smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 21, 2018 04:07

They said the farewell will take closer to three years, and will visit every continent.

Paul's voice is completely shot, so it'll be interesting to see how he survives this trek.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 21, 2018 04:47

I thought I read they were going to continue for eternity and replace old members that have dropped out with new members?
Or maybe that was a joke? smiling smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 21, 2018 05:05

DGA35
KISS has announced their farewell tour which will span over a couple of years.

I'm guessing "a couple of years" means .... 5 years?

Posted by: polythene sam ()
Date: September 21, 2018 06:05

Bye

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 21, 2018 06:08

Don't let the door hit ya, Gene.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 21, 2018 07:30

Hairball
I thought I read they were going to continue for eternity and replace old members that have dropped out with new members?

Nope, that is indeed the plan. I doubt it works but it'll be the new low for continuing bands these days.

As for original members participating, Gene and Paul are both on very good terms with Ace. I wouldn't be at all shocked if he makes an appearance or many. In fact I'd be shocked if he didn't and it really did seem like they were teasing him to actually just be the guitar player this tour as the "gimmick". I think its doubtful we ever see Peter with them again. As for the tour, Paul has already lost any power he once had to the point of embarrassment and Gene isn't really good for all that much on stage. Sad that for many they actually had talent and were unique back in the day even though everyone made fun of them and now they've fulfilled that prophecy by becoming the biggest joke of a band ever. As a fan, I can't believe anyone still goes to see them these days and is actually entertained.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 21, 2018 07:57

keefriff99
They said the farewell will take closer to three years, and will visit every continent.

Paul's voice is completely shot, so it'll be interesting to see how he survives this trek.

I wonder if they'll finish up before Elton John's farewell tour? Visit every continent? I wonder how many penguins will see them in Antarctica! So I'm guessing KISS's tour will finish up around the time Motley Crue decide to do a reunion tour due to overwhelming demand by their fans! smiling smiley
Maybe the band will stick to more songs Gene sings or play in a lower key? Or do what Coverdale does these days and have the crowd sing the chorus a lot.

Regardless, KISS always puts on a good show and I'll go see them when they come to Vancouver.

Date: September 21, 2018 10:26

More like «au revoir a bientôt» again...

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 21, 2018 11:46

RollingFreak
Hairball

Nope, that is indeed the plan. I doubt it works but it'll be the new low for continuing bands these days.

As for original members participating, Gene and Paul are both on very good terms with Ace. I wouldn't be at all shocked if he makes an appearance or many. In fact I'd be shocked if he didn't and it really did seem like they were teasing him to actually just be the guitar player this tour as the "gimmick". I think its doubtful we ever see Peter with them again. As for the tour, Paul has already lost any power he once had to the point of embarrassment and Gene isn't really good for all that much on stage. Sad that for many they actually had talent and were unique back in the day even though everyone made fun of them and now they've fulfilled that prophecy by becoming the biggest joke of a band ever. As a fan, I can't believe anyone still goes to see them these days and is actually entertained.

Spot on. They were misunderstood and underrated but now? On the other hand Gene is actually good. His new band with and without Ace. Paul lost his voice and that is sad.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 21, 2018 12:01

how can we miss them if they won't go away? will be interesting to see how over the top the show is.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 21, 2018 12:49

Kiss goodbye

Date: September 21, 2018 15:11

RollingFreak
Hairball

I think Gene brings more to the table than Paul at this point. At least he can still "sing"...sure, he's always half growled/half shouted in a low register, but at least he still sounds like himself.

Paul? This is how he sounds nowadays:

[www.youtube.com]

Still a great stage performer...I can't take anything away from either of them when it comes to doing the stunts they do in those outfits in their late 60s, but if Paul's vocals sound like THAT? Then it's really all a moot point.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 21, 2018 15:24

Looks like Paul's voice, which is on a downward slope for a few years already, has reached a point where he can't imagine singing on stage for 1 more decade.

A good farewell tour will be great, and then they will open their vaults like many other acts.

And he's not the only Paul with a weakening voice...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 21, 2018 15:30

Koen
Kiss goodbye

Farewell KISS

Date: September 21, 2018 16:42

Redhotcarpet
RollingFreak
Hairball

Spot on. They were misunderstood and underrated but now? On the other hand Gene is actually good. His new band with and without Ace. Paul lost his voice and that is sad.

I would love to see Gene solo. Looks like a great show. Gene seems like a really cool guy when he's not being an @#$%& 90% of the time.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 21, 2018 17:56

RoughJusticeOnYa
Koen
Kiss goodbye

Farewell KISS

It's just a KISS away.....

Date: September 21, 2018 20:11

Kurt

My guess it will be their final tour with this line up.

Then come back one more time with Ace and Peter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-21 20:11 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: September 21, 2018 20:14

jumpontopofmebaby
Kurt

There is NO WAY Peter is coming back. I doubt he could physically hack even one show...maybe a song or two, but even that is dicey.

Ace is on better terms with Gene and Paul but they wouldn't bring him back into he fold full-time for even a farewell leg.

Date: September 21, 2018 20:19

RollingFreak
Hairball

I actually went and saw them about a year ago at a very small venue. The Hard

Rock Tulsa OK. I had not seen them since the Alive 2 Tour and then the Dynasty Tour...then the Unmasked Tour.

The only reason I went again a year ago was because me and my long time friend who went with me to the Alive 2 and Dynasty Shows wanted to do it one more time.

I liked it. They were actually good and fun to watch.

They were far from a joke

I will do the Kiss Good Bye tour.

Date: September 21, 2018 20:19

keefriff99
jumpontopofmebaby
Kurt

There is NO WAY Peter is coming back. I doubt he could physically hack even one show...maybe a song or two, but even that is dicey.

Ace is on better terms with Gene and Paul but they wouldn't bring him back into he fold full-time for even a farewell leg.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Talks

Date: September 21, 2018 20:24

jumpontopofmebaby
keefriff99
jumpontopofmebaby
Kurt

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Talks
It's not really a matter of money. Peter is 72, a cancer survivor, and retired (or so he says) from performing.

But even he decided to un-retire (a big "if"), he's simply not physically up for playing a full-blown show.

KISS sell enough tickets without Ace and Peter, and Gene and Paul get to keep a higher % of the coin without the other two.

Date: September 21, 2018 20:25

jumpontopofmebaby
keefriff99
jumpontopofmebaby
Kurt

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Talks

I get that thats the case with most bands. I, and other fans, can assure you 100% this is NOT just a gimmick before they tour with Ace and Peter. There will NOT be another tour with the original lineup and that is so unbelievably certain. No amount of money could change that, mainly because the money they would need to do it simply isn't there. But age and an inability to do it, I'm sorry, I get that other bands would and have, but that is not the case with KISS. Peter would actually die if he toured, he can barely hold drum sticks these days. This is a farewell to Gene and Paul and I'm fairly certain Ace will make a number of appearances ala Mick Taylor but not actually be traveling with them.

Date: September 21, 2018 20:34

RollingFreak
jumpontopofmebaby
keefriff99
jumpontopofmebaby
Kurt

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Talks

I get that thats the case with most bands. I, and other fans, can assure you 100% this is NOT just a gimmick before they tour with Ace and Peter. There will NOT be another tour with the original lineup and that is so unbelievably certain. No amount of money could change that, mainly because the money they would need to do it simply isn't there. But age and an inability to do it, I'm sorry, I get that other bands would and have, but that is not the case with KISS. Peter would actually die if he toured, he can barely hold drum sticks these days. This is a farewell to Gene and Paul and I'm fairly certain Ace will make a number of appearances ala Mick Taylor but not actually be traveling with them.
If someone could prove to Paul and Gene that, "Hey, if you bring Ace back, you can go from playing 20-30,000 seat indoor arenas and amphitheaters to playing 50-80,000 seat outdoor stadiums in the U.S.", THEN maybe they'd do it.

But that's not the reality. They're gonna be playing the same venues regardless.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 21, 2018 23:47

Saw them at the 02 in London last time they were in the UK and they were awesome.Nowt wrong with Paul's voice.And they sounded great on America's got talent.
Kiss you either love 'em or hate 'em.Goodbye in South America should be hot.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 22, 2018 01:11

Bye Bye.The only band I can think of that overdubbed a live album
because the musicianship was so bad.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: September 22, 2018 02:01

Will be a blast, I will go, only seen them once and it was great. @#$%& the haters, stay home if you can't stand Paul's lousy vocals!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 22, 2018 02:27

The greatest irrelevant band of all time.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: September 22, 2018 02:54

jumpontopofmebaby
keefriff99
jumpontopofmebaby
Kurt

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Talks
yea ask The Stones...

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home