Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Bob Seger done touring..
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: June 21, 2021 22:28

Detroit Michigan, the home of rock and roll.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: June 21, 2021 22:38

I only saw one Seger show....on the '96 tour. Alto did a slide across the stage akin to Springsteen or Townshend...while playing sax! It was a sight to see. A great show overall, and I'm glad I got to see the Silver Bullet Band at least once.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 21, 2021 22:43

Sorry to hear about his sax player but Bob Seger had a long and successful career and at 76 having recently finished a final tour it's a good time for him to retire. In fact, I think there should be a constitutional amendment requiring all rock/pop stars to retire from live performances at age 75...The Stones, The Who, Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Paul McCartney included.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 22:57 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 21, 2021 22:54

DGA35
I'm sure had Alto not passed, he would have continued the farewell tour later this year and probably into next year. Saw him in 83, 87, 96, 13 and 19 in Vancouver.
Glad I saw him in Feb 2019 a week after I saw KISS start their current farewell tour! His voice didn't sound too great but got better as the show went on. Also got to see Paul Simon and Elton John on their current farewell tours.
Wasn't able to see The Who on their first farewell tour in 82, didn't play Van but played the Kingdome in Seattle. A number of classmates drove down. Oh well, got to see them four times after that!

Yup.. he would have rolled on without Alto's passing for certain.
Sounds like, per Springsteen's urging, he may still have new music down the road though.

One of my favorite concert experiences ever was in watching Alto suddenly appear playing on top of a bank of speakers in Vancouver (mid-seventies).
Attached to wires he suddenly leapt off the speakers and spun above the crowd wailing away on his sax.
The whole floor moved backwards like dominos.. even those that weren't stoned on mushrooms etc., (I believe, can't vouch for them tho winking smiley)

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 21, 2021 23:04

Bob's cool.

I feel like he really captured "Americana" in a lot of ways in his songs - "Roll Me Away" & "Night Moves" jump out right now. Lot of good songs.

Happy Retirement, fella!

"I'm a lucky guy...I got to do what I wanted to do" - if that doesn't say it all, what does?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 21, 2021 23:54

stickyfingers101
Bob's cool.

I feel like he really captured "Americana" in a lot of ways in his songs - "Roll Me Away" & "Night Moves" jump out right now. Lot of good songs.

Happy Retirement, fella!

"I'm a lucky guy...I got to do what I wanted to do" - if that doesn't say it all, what does?

Three great albums in a row with Night Moves, Stranger In Town and Against The Wind. My favourite Seger song is Fire Lake, which he sang in 83 but never sang in the subsequent shows that I saw him.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 22, 2021 00:08

Nice read. Fire Lake is a cool song. Against The Wind is my fave by him. His Beautiful Loser was the song that first brought him to my attention.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 22, 2021 02:49

"Alto Reed" was the name of the saxaphone player? That one deserves a medal or at least recognition for the most appropriate name since Joe Strummer.

jb

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 22, 2021 03:02

Alto Reed and Magic Dick from J Geils are my two favourite rock names!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 22, 2021 04:59

jbwelda
"Alto Reed" was the name of the saxaphone player? That one deserves a medal or at least recognition for the most appropriate name since Joe Strummer.

jb

What about Jim Horn or Bobby Key Peter Keys, But Alto Reed is a cool name RIP

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 22, 2021 05:43

Mick Jagger still the best rock name .....

David Bowie did a blunt copy it ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 22, 2021 14:42

DGA35
Alto Reed and Magic Dick from J Geils are my two favourite rock names!

For sure. Rat Scabies was a good/bad one too.

I think Alto's real name was Tommy Cartmell (based on Live Bullet). Always entertaining!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1144
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home