Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT - Bob Seger (Final Tour)
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 10, 2019 03:44

MisterDDDD
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
Had originally planned on Tacoma.. switched plans and decided on Vancouver.
Glad I did.. if weather was better might have still gone to both.

Beating the snowstorm (that never really came through the F Valley and down to Bellingham where I am) coming back from Vancouver yesterday reminded me of coming back from the Stones last show there in late '06, when the snow did come.. was brutal, but fun!

I went to that show in 06. Driving home to Seattle the next day was brutal. The line at the border was out of control. i did a full 360 on I5 in Bellingham & just kept driving, haha. that was the show that was a nightmare to get into. missed all of Bonnie Raitt. i would've been really mad had it been Van Morrison as originally planned before the show got rescheduled. only Stones show I've seen where Keith got to sing lead on 3 songs. a treat!

Was a great show!
I almost got off the freeway in Bellingham, but cars were spun out all over the exit ramp (I swear I remember seeing a car do a 360 ahead of me cool smiley)
I was bummed about missing out on Van Morrison as the opener on the cancelled show as well.. was part of why I went to see him in Vegas recently.
Was a great show in '06.. ended up next to the B-stage !!

if it was a red sentra it was me! smoking smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 10, 2019 04:13

The news article says they'll announce a new date next week but I'm wondering if it might just get cancelled since geographically he won't be back in the Pacific Northwest for more shows and it's pretty far to haul a stage set for a single show. Perhaps he could add Spokane then hit Western Canada afterwards.

Date: February 10, 2019 04:42

DGA35
The news article says they'll announce a new date next week but I'm wondering if it might just get cancelled since geographically he won't be back in the Pacific Northwest for more shows and it's pretty far to haul a stage set for a single show. Perhaps he could add Spokane then hit Western Canada afterwards.

show wasn't setting any sales records either

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 10, 2019 08:41

So many songs I genuinely wish he'd play:

Jody Girl
Momma
Nutbush City Limits
Fire Lake
Even Now
Little Victories
American Storm
Nine Tonight
Let It Rock
Ain't Got No Money
Brave Strangers
Feel Like A Number

He pulled out The Famous Final Scene a few weeks ago. I would love it if that slot was just a different awesome rarity each night. He has so many that go unplayed, even though I totally get why he does the set he does. Basically like the Stones, you just have too much you NEED to play.

Date: February 10, 2019 22:22

As I mentioned earlier, I wish he would play Fire Lake, my favourite song! Reading online some very pissed off fans regarding the postponed Tacoma show. Fans from Anchorage who flew to town, booked hotels, etc. and others from Fairbanks in a similar situation, very unfortunate.
Michelle Obama cancelled her Friday event at the Tacomadome and Justin Timberlake had to postpone tonight's show, although it said tomorrow nights show will go on.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 10, 2019 22:32

DGA35
As I mentioned earlier, I wish he would play Fire Lake, my favourite song! Reading online some very pissed off fans regarding the postponed Tacoma show. Fans from Anchorage who flew to town, booked hotels, etc. and others from Fairbanks in a similar situation, very unfortunate.
Michelle Obama cancelled her Friday event at the Tacomadome and Justin Timberlake had to postpone tonight's show, although it said tomorrow nights show will go on.

Yeah, real drag for those that travelled in..
Not the performers fault or call even.. Bob was ready to go but because of the "state of emergency" declared, no go on big traffic events, although it did seem to be at the city's discretion. Hoping he does end up rescheduling it as I would now try to go a second time..

"..because Gov. Jay Insleeā€™s State of Emergency declaration remains in effect due the snowstorm that struck the state Friday and Saturday and Tacoma city officials deemed the concert could not go on."
[www.thenewstribune.com]

Date: February 10, 2019 23:01

DGA35

i wouldn't make plans for either justin show. another storm expected tonight, followed by another one tomorrow night! this happens here about once a decade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-10 23:01 by crholmstrom.

Date: February 11, 2019 22:58

I see now that tonights Timberlake concert in Tacoma is cancelled and both shows will not be rescheduled. That's probably 40000 tickets or so?

Date: February 12, 2019 13:19

DGA35
I see now that tonights Timberlake concert in Tacoma is cancelled and both shows will not be rescheduled. That's probably 40000 tickets or so?

Yep. Last night's snow event was a big one. getting ready for commute now.

Date: February 12, 2019 23:04

Saw him in 1986 and almost 25 years exactly in 2011.
I want to keep the memory of those shows.

Unfortunately several posts of his voice weaker, hoarser.
I hope the years of Marlboros haven't taken their toll.

One of the last best original R&R guys in my book.

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: February 13, 2019 10:47

I'm looking forward to seeing Bob Seger at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion which is only 4 days after the Rolling Stones show in Houston, it has worked out perfectly with my travel plans.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 14, 2019 16:45

More dates added..
I'd love to catch him a second time on this tour.
Detroit would be great.. for now hoping that he reschedules Tacoma gig.

BOB SEGER ANNOUNCES 12 NEW DATES FINAL TOUR TO CELEBRATE FIVE DECADES OF ROCK N ROLL

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band announced today TWELVE more shows have been added to their final tour. Tickets for the new dates in Springfield, MO, Tulsa, OK, Charleston, SC, Jacksonville, FL, Charlotte, NC, VA Beach, VA, Raleigh, NC, Bristow, VA, Jones Beach, NY, Holmdel, NJ & Detroit, MI will go on sale Friday, February 22 at 10 AM local time.

BULLET CLUB PRE-SALES BEGIN TUESDAY, DECEMBER 19 @ 10 AM LOCAL TIME.
[bulletclub.bobseger.com]

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 14, 2019 17:54

Bob is in excellent shape for this tour. Convalescing from his injury and surgery apparently required him to put in some serious gym time. His voice fails him occasionally but the band makes up for it. Like the Stones he has a deep catalog but,like the Stones, he plays mostly warhorses. The set is more the same than it isn't since 2006. Especially the second half.

Date: February 14, 2019 18:52

rbk
Bob is in excellent shape for this tour. Convalescing from his injury and surgery apparently required him to put in some serious gym time. His voice fails him occasionally but the band makes up for it. Like the Stones he has a deep catalog but,like the Stones, he plays mostly warhorses. The set is more the same than it isn't since 2006. Especially the second half.

Apparently I'm not the only one that's hearing a decline in his vocal abilities on this tour.

[jambands.com]

[www.chicagotribune.com]

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: February 14, 2019 18:54

He just added a few dates. A couple of them really close to me.

I think I will do one.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 229
Record Number of Users: 184 on May 17, 2018 22:46
Record Number of Guests: 3948 on December 7, 2015 15:07

Previous page Next page First page IORR home