Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT - Bob Seger (Final Tour)
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 10, 2019 03:44

MisterDDDD
crholmstrom
MisterDDDD
Had originally planned on Tacoma.. switched plans and decided on Vancouver.
Glad I did.. if weather was better might have still gone to both.

Beating the snowstorm (that never really came through the F Valley and down to Bellingham where I am) coming back from Vancouver yesterday reminded me of coming back from the Stones last show there in late '06, when the snow did come.. was brutal, but fun!

I went to that show in 06. Driving home to Seattle the next day was brutal. The line at the border was out of control. i did a full 360 on I5 in Bellingham & just kept driving, haha. that was the show that was a nightmare to get into. missed all of Bonnie Raitt. i would've been really mad had it been Van Morrison as originally planned before the show got rescheduled. only Stones show I've seen where Keith got to sing lead on 3 songs. a treat!

Was a great show!
I almost got off the freeway in Bellingham, but cars were spun out all over the exit ramp (I swear I remember seeing a car do a 360 ahead of me cool smiley)
I was bummed about missing out on Van Morrison as the opener on the cancelled show as well.. was part of why I went to see him in Vegas recently.
Was a great show in '06.. ended up next to the B-stage !!

if it was a red sentra it was me! smoking smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 10, 2019 04:13

The news article says they'll announce a new date next week but I'm wondering if it might just get cancelled since geographically he won't be back in the Pacific Northwest for more shows and it's pretty far to haul a stage set for a single show. Perhaps he could add Spokane then hit Western Canada afterwards.

Date: February 10, 2019 04:42

DGA35
The news article says they'll announce a new date next week but I'm wondering if it might just get cancelled since geographically he won't be back in the Pacific Northwest for more shows and it's pretty far to haul a stage set for a single show. Perhaps he could add Spokane then hit Western Canada afterwards.

show wasn't setting any sales records either

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 10, 2019 08:41

So many songs I genuinely wish he'd play:

Jody Girl
Momma
Nutbush City Limits
Fire Lake
Even Now
Little Victories
American Storm
Nine Tonight
Let It Rock
Ain't Got No Money
Brave Strangers
Feel Like A Number

He pulled out The Famous Final Scene a few weeks ago. I would love it if that slot was just a different awesome rarity each night. He has so many that go unplayed, even though I totally get why he does the set he does. Basically like the Stones, you just have too much you NEED to play.

Date: February 10, 2019 22:22

As I mentioned earlier, I wish he would play Fire Lake, my favourite song! Reading online some very pissed off fans regarding the postponed Tacoma show. Fans from Anchorage who flew to town, booked hotels, etc. and others from Fairbanks in a similar situation, very unfortunate.
Michelle Obama cancelled her Friday event at the Tacomadome and Justin Timberlake had to postpone tonight's show, although it said tomorrow nights show will go on.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 10, 2019 22:32

DGA35
As I mentioned earlier, I wish he would play Fire Lake, my favourite song! Reading online some very pissed off fans regarding the postponed Tacoma show. Fans from Anchorage who flew to town, booked hotels, etc. and others from Fairbanks in a similar situation, very unfortunate.
Michelle Obama cancelled her Friday event at the Tacomadome and Justin Timberlake had to postpone tonight's show, although it said tomorrow nights show will go on.

Yeah, real drag for those that travelled in..
Not the performers fault or call even.. Bob was ready to go but because of the "state of emergency" declared, no go on big traffic events, although it did seem to be at the city's discretion. Hoping he does end up rescheduling it as I would now try to go a second time..

"..because Gov. Jay Inslee’s State of Emergency declaration remains in effect due the snowstorm that struck the state Friday and Saturday and Tacoma city officials deemed the concert could not go on."
[www.thenewstribune.com]

Date: February 10, 2019 23:01

DGA35

i wouldn't make plans for either justin show. another storm expected tonight, followed by another one tomorrow night! this happens here about once a decade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-10 23:01 by crholmstrom.

Date: February 11, 2019 22:58

I see now that tonights Timberlake concert in Tacoma is cancelled and both shows will not be rescheduled. That's probably 40000 tickets or so?

Date: February 12, 2019 13:19

DGA35
I see now that tonights Timberlake concert in Tacoma is cancelled and both shows will not be rescheduled. That's probably 40000 tickets or so?

Yep. Last night's snow event was a big one. getting ready for commute now.

Date: February 12, 2019 23:04

Saw him in 1986 and almost 25 years exactly in 2011.
I want to keep the memory of those shows.

Unfortunately several posts of his voice weaker, hoarser.
I hope the years of Marlboros haven't taken their toll.

One of the last best original R&R guys in my book.

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: February 13, 2019 10:47

I'm looking forward to seeing Bob Seger at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion which is only 4 days after the Rolling Stones show in Houston, it has worked out perfectly with my travel plans.

Date: February 14, 2019 16:45

More dates added..
I'd love to catch him a second time on this tour.
Detroit would be great.. for now hoping that he reschedules Tacoma gig.

BOB SEGER ANNOUNCES 12 NEW DATES FINAL TOUR TO CELEBRATE FIVE DECADES OF ROCK N ROLL

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band announced today TWELVE more shows have been added to their final tour. Tickets for the new dates in Springfield, MO, Tulsa, OK, Charleston, SC, Jacksonville, FL, Charlotte, NC, VA Beach, VA, Raleigh, NC, Bristow, VA, Jones Beach, NY, Holmdel, NJ & Detroit, MI will go on sale Friday, February 22 at 10 AM local time.

BULLET CLUB PRE-SALES BEGIN TUESDAY, DECEMBER 19 @ 10 AM LOCAL TIME.
[bulletclub.bobseger.com]

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 14, 2019 17:54

Bob is in excellent shape for this tour. Convalescing from his injury and surgery apparently required him to put in some serious gym time. His voice fails him occasionally but the band makes up for it. Like the Stones he has a deep catalog but,like the Stones, he plays mostly warhorses. The set is more the same than it isn't since 2006. Especially the second half.

Date: February 14, 2019 18:52

rbk
Bob is in excellent shape for this tour. Convalescing from his injury and surgery apparently required him to put in some serious gym time. His voice fails him occasionally but the band makes up for it. Like the Stones he has a deep catalog but,like the Stones, he plays mostly warhorses. The set is more the same than it isn't since 2006. Especially the second half.

Apparently I'm not the only one that's hearing a decline in his vocal abilities on this tour.

[jambands.com]

[www.chicagotribune.com]

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: February 14, 2019 18:54

He just added a few dates. A couple of them really close to me.

I think I will do one.

Date: March 1, 2019 06:11

I thought his 2015 tour was his last tour...?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 1, 2019 15:40

MidnightDevilRambler
rbk

Apparently I'm not the only one that's hearing a decline in his vocal abilities on this tour.

[jambands.com]

[www.chicagotribune.com]

Bob's voice isn't quite as strong as it used to be, but in all fairness, he's 73. Mick doesn't exactly sound like the studio version on many songs (Worried About You, for example). And not many could hit that high note at the end of Night Moves.

That said, seeing him was like seeing so many of our heroes - like visiting an old friend .

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: September 2, 2019 18:51

This tour rolls on and I believe I'm going to catch it again when he plays a make-up date
in Tacoma later this month..

For those perhaps on the fence, it is a great show and relatively winking smiley inexpensive.
Tacoma Dome has never been a favorite venue for me, but it is on a Saturday night which
should help some getting in and out cool smiley

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: September 2, 2019 20:03

Re: Seger’s Voice - he’s taken a very different approach to Mick on this over the years, by continuing to lower the key of his songs. It *mostly* works, but it does mean many intros at his shows which should produce a huge audience reaction fall flat until the crowd realizes “oh yeah, this is that song in a very different key...”.

The piano intro to Old Time Rock and Roll is now so low the pianist runs out of places to put his left hand.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 3, 2019 00:11

tommycharles
Re: Seger’s Voice - he’s taken a very different approach to Mick on this over the years, by continuing to lower the key of his songs. It *mostly* works, but it does mean many intros at his shows which should produce a huge audience reaction fall flat until the crowd realizes “oh yeah, this is that song in a very different key...”.

The piano intro to Old Time Rock and Roll is now so low the pianist runs out of places to put his left hand.

I don't know. The reaction sounds pretty @#$%& loud to me:

[www.youtube.com]

I know what you mean but in the end I don't think thats really affected anything, with Seger at least. Also, dude still smokes a ton. So really, as much as its age with him its also his stubbornness and addiction to cigs.

Date: September 3, 2019 05:13

crholmstrom
DGA35

show wasn't setting any sales records either

So he did add Spokane before Tacoma but no Western Canada shows. I'm sure he would have drawn decent crowds in Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton and Calgary.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: September 3, 2019 22:33

There is no indication the tour is ending anytime soon. His website invites you to request he come to your city.

Date: September 3, 2019 22:35

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
I thought his 2015 tour was his last tour...?

I thought so, too. I went to Nashville which was originally the last date until a makeup show in Indianapolis followed it. I have seen him about a half dozen times so I'm good as far as needing to see him again.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 4, 2019 02:55

tommycharles

Can you name all those songs that Mick had lowered the key. I could only come up with Paint It Black

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 4, 2019 11:51

Cooltoplady
tommycharles

Can you name all those songs that Mick had lowered the key. I could only come up with Paint It Black

I think he's saying Seger has lowered the key to all those songs, not Mick

Rod

Date: September 5, 2019 21:24

The latest final four shows are Boston, Toronto, New York and Philadelphia ending November 1. Some are surprised he is not finishing in Detroit although how many times can he go to that well?

Date: September 5, 2019 22:12

tonyc
The latest final four shows are Boston, Toronto, New York and Philadelphia ending November 1. Some are surprised he is not finishing in Detroit although how many times can he go to that well?

Didn't this farewell tour originally end in Detroit with a few shows at the new arena there?

Bob Seger done touring..
Date: June 21, 2021 20:12

First saw Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band in the mid-seventies in Vancouver. Last saw him in Vancouver a few years ago, with many many times in between.

Thanks for the memories, Bob. was a hell of a ride smileys with beer

Bob Seger says his touring days are likely finished following Alto Reed's death

An emotional Bob Seger said he can't imagine hitting the concert road again following the loss of close friend and saxophonist Alto Reed.

Speaking on a new SiriusXM program marking the 45th anniversary of his "Live Bullet" and "Night Moves" albums, Seger choked up as he recounted the phone call from the longtime Silver Bullet Band player revealing he had colon cancer. Reed died Dec. 30 at age 72.

"I listened really hard to him," Seger recalled. "And he said 'how grateful I am for my wonderful life.' ... I thought that was so beautiful, and I thought he was so brave. I don't think I could go out (on tour) without him."

Rock journalist David Fricke was host as Seger beamed in by Zoom from metro Detroit for the hourlong program, part of SiriusXM's Town Hall series. The show premiered Wednesday on the Classic Rewind channel and will air again Friday (1 a.m., 3 p.m.), Saturday (9 a.m., 9 p.m.) and Sunday (6 p.m.). It's also available on demand on the SiriusXM app. Video of the program is also expected soon.

Seger and Silver Bullet played extensively in 2019 as part of the Roll Me Away Tour, which was billed at the time as "a final tour" but with no firm end date ever announced. The last show on that 2019 leg was Nov. 1 in Philadelphia. The outing did nearly $100 million in box-office revenue that year, making it the third most successful tour of 2019.

"You know, I've had a great life, oh my goodness," Seger said as he elaborated on the end of his touring career. "I loved what I did. Never worked a day in my life, really. The hard parts were in sleeping in hotels, having rotten food."

Seger, who turned 76 in May, went on to add: "I'm a lucky guy. What can I say? I got to do what I wanted to do."

It was a poignant grace note to an otherwise upbeat, freewheeling conversation, as Seger looked back on the pair of 1976 albums that broke him into the big time — the moment when "we went from station wagons to jets overnight."

Bob Seger's 'Live Bullet' album, recently remastered and reissued on vinyl.
Seger said he recently listened to "Live Bullet" for the first time in many years and was once again "stunned" by the musicianship and discipline on display from Silver Bullet.

There was little pressure going into the hometown September 1975 shows at Detroit's Cobo Arena that resulted in the live record, Seger said.

"Honestly, it was just kind of another show. But the size of it was really fun," he remembered. "We had opened for Bachman Turner Overdrive and Kiss on occasion, and had been in large places. But now it’s all on us, and there’s no limit on what we can play because we’re the headliner. … Suddenly we’re unleashed. I just think we were ready for it."

The "Live Bullet" double LP was recently remastered and reissued on vinyl, in both a standard 150-gram black version and a translucent orange-and-red swirl edition.

Rock journalist David Fricke was host as Seger beamed in by Zoom from metro Detroit for the hourlong program, part of SiriusXM's Town Hall series. The show premiered Wednesday on the Classic Rewind channel and will air again Friday (1 a.m., 3 p.m.), Saturday (9 a.m., 9 p.m.) and Sunday (6 p.m.). It's also available on demand on the SiriusXM app. Video of the program is also expected soon.Seger said he has been vaccinated for COVID-19 and plans to soon attend Bruce Springsteen's relaunched Broadway show along with a concert by country star Chris Stapleton, who's playing DTE Energy Music Theatre on Aug. 6 and 7.

He said last year was tough on him as he struggled with the pandemic and the prospect of retirement. Springsteen encouraged him to get busy with songwriting.

"I was getting kind of down on myself, down on the world and down on everything," said Seger. "(Springsteen) said, 'Bob, go out there and start writing, start singing, start playing, start recording.'

Seger and Silver Bullet played extensively in 2019 as part of the Roll Me Away Tour, which was billed at the time as "a final tour" but with no firm end date ever announced. The last show on that 2019 leg was Nov. 1 in Philadelphia. The outing did nearly $100 million in box-office revenue that year, making it the third most successful tour of 2019.

Seger said he recently listened to "Live Bullet" for the first time in many years and was once again "stunned" by the musicianship and discipline on display from Silver Bullet.

There was little pressure going into the hometown September 1975 shows at Detroit's Cobo Arena that resulted in the live record, Seger said.

"Honestly, it was just kind of another show. But the size of it was really fun," he remembered. "We had opened for Bachman Turner Overdrive and Kiss on occasion, and had been in large places. But now it’s all on us, and there’s no limit on what we can play because we’re the headliner. … Suddenly we’re unleashed. I just think we were ready for it."

The "Live Bullet" double LP was recently remastered and reissued on vinyl, in both a standard 150-gram black version and a translucent orange-and-red swirl edition.

Seger said he has been vaccinated for COVID-19 and plans to soon attend Bruce Springsteen's relaunched Broadway show along with a concert by country star Chris Stapleton, who's playing DTE Energy Music Theatre on Aug. 6 and 7.

[www.freep.com]

Re: Bob Seger done touring..
Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 21, 2021 20:33

Perhaps this is why he billed his 2019 run as his farewell tour.

Re: Bob Seger done touring..
Date: June 21, 2021 21:22

I'm sure had Alto not passed, he would have continued the farewell tour later this year and probably into next year. Saw him in 83, 87, 96, 13 and 19 in Vancouver.
Glad I saw him in Feb 2019 a week after I saw KISS start their current farewell tour! His voice didn't sound too great but got better as the show went on. Also got to see Paul Simon and Elton John on their current farewell tours.
Wasn't able to see The Who on their first farewell tour in 82, didn't play Van but played the Kingdome in Seattle. A number of classmates drove down. Oh well, got to see them four times after that!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home