Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT - Bob Seger (Final Tour)
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 26, 2018 21:07

MisterDDDD
timbernardis
I was thinking the closest place to me might b Denver which is 500 miles away when suddenly I was surprised and shocked to see Billings,only 50 miles from me. It's the largest city in Montana but still only about 110,000. Now I will have to go, never seen him. Rod Stewart plays there next month, just got a pair of the most expensive tix on Saturday at $130.00 each! Sure wish the Stones would play there but I think the one and only time they played or ever will play Montana was in Missoula in 2006. 400 miles away.

plexi

Love making road trips to Billings for the occasional concert!
Beautiful area.. if it was anytime other than winter, I'd make it over for this!

what do u hate about Montana in the winter, misterdddd?

plexi

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 26, 2018 21:49

timbernardis
MisterDDDD
timbernardis
I was thinking the closest place to me might b Denver which is 500 miles away when suddenly I was surprised and shocked to see Billings,only 50 miles from me. It's the largest city in Montana but still only about 110,000. Now I will have to go, never seen him. Rod Stewart plays there next month, just got a pair of the most expensive tix on Saturday at $130.00 each! Sure wish the Stones would play there but I think the one and only time they played or ever will play Montana was in Missoula in 2006. 400 miles away.

plexi

Love making road trips to Billings for the occasional concert!
Beautiful area.. if it was anytime other than winter, I'd make it over for this!

what do u hate about Montana in the winter, misterdddd?

plexi
The drive to and from... mountain passes etc. (from Seattle).
Love Montana for spring/summer road trips. Have done a couple to Red Rocks, with concert stops in Montana! Best road trips ever cool smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 26, 2018 23:11

Elmo Lewis
Love Seger and will be at Atlanta (Duluth) show.

However, if you think the Stones don't vary their setlists ......

basically same one since 1996

Roll Me Away
Trying to Live My Life

...... the middle ...

We've Got Tonight
Turn The Page
Ramblin' Gamblin' Man
Katmandu

Encores:

Hollywood Nights
Against The Wind

Night Moves
Rock and Roll Never Forgets

I think the only bands that I don't want to hear all the warhorses are the Stones and AC/DC. Any other band I only want to hear greatest hits! One song I wish he would play is Fire Lake, which is probably my favourite Seger tune. I remember he played it in 83 when I saw him but 87/96/12 he didn't.

Posted by: spiderman ()
Date: September 27, 2018 06:51

Saw Seger in 75 and was true rock n roll - always considered him as the real deal. I think he has soul.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 27, 2018 15:04

I first saw him in 77. He has never disappointed.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 27, 2018 16:14

Seger is a pro, always a solid rock and roll concert.

Date: November 1, 2018 19:38

Bob just announced a few more shows.
Going to Tacoma already, but likely will add Vancouver.

May sell my Tacoma tix, with Vancouver being added it is definitely my preferred locale and where I saw him for the first time in the seventies.

"Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band announced today seven more shows have been added to their final tour. Tickets for the new dates in Milwaukee, Sioux Falls, Vancouver, Fresno, San Diego, Sacramento and Albuquerque will go on sale Friday, November 9 at 10 AM local time."
[bulletclub.bobseger.com]

Date: November 1, 2018 21:12

Anyone know who his opening band is? In 2012 it was Joe Walsh so that was good. I'll be getting tix to Vancouver, just a week after the KISS show.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 2, 2018 02:30

DGA35
Anyone know who his opening band is? In 2012 it was Joe Walsh so that was good. I'll be getting tix to Vancouver, just a week after the KISS show.

I believe it's Nancy Wilson's band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-02 02:32 by kovach.

Date: November 6, 2018 20:27

Presales for several cities just went live for fan club members.
Seger charges for membership.. ($15.. stones are missing out on this and/or bv cool smiley )

Code is good for up to four tix, just grabbed two for Vancouver- if anyone wants the code to pick up two.. lemme know winking smiley

Date: November 7, 2018 04:31

Ticket prices seem pretty reasonable. American Express presales go on tomorrow so I'll look into that for Vancouver. My brother's office has clubseats and they're only $165 so I'll check what's available through Amex first. I'm sure endzone lower bowl will be perhaps $120ish.
I'm finding American Express has decent selections for seats, mostly on the endzones so good view and a lot cheaper than sides or floor.

Date: February 9, 2019 03:32

Bob put on a great, great, show in Vancouver last night!!
Fantastic to see him in the same city where I first saw him in the seventies.

Hit filled love fest that included some rarities he hadn't played in decades.
Crowd was fantastic (several stones shirts including mine and a dude with an illuminated tongue hanging around his neck cool smiley ) Love Vancouver for concerts.

Would recommend catching this if you can, seems certain this is the last tour.
Bob's voice has gotten a bit weak, which was not the case when I saw him five years ago, it warmed up considerably as the concert went on and was a fantastic show as always.
Good, fair revue here:
[vancouversun.com]

Setlist:
Busload of Faith
(Lou Reed cover)
Still the Same
The Fire Down Below
Mainstreet
Old Time Rock & Roll
The Fire Inside
Shame on the Moon
(Rodney Crowell cover)
Roll Me Away
Come to Poppa
Her Strut
Like a Rock
You'll Accompany Me
We've Got Tonight
Travelin' Man
Beautiful Loser
Turn the Page
Forever Young
(Bob Dylan cover)
Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Encore:
Against the Wind
Hollywood Nights
Encore 2:
Night Moves

Old Time Rock & Roll
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-09 03:33 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 9, 2019 06:26

"Giant reeds player Alto Reed is still in The Silver Bullet Band and still sounds perfect on Mainstreet,
a song with a horn riff as memorable as Baker Street and a great lyric".

Funny, that's a guitar on the original studio version, and is a classic indeed.

Date: February 9, 2019 08:15

MisterDDDD
Bob put on a great, great, show in Vancouver last night!!
Fantastic to see him in the same city where I first saw him in the seventies.

Hit filled love fest that included some rarities he hadn't played in decades.
Crowd was fantastic (several stones shirts including mine and a dude with an illuminated tongue hanging around his neck cool smiley ) Love Vancouver for concerts.

Would recommend catching this if you can, seems certain this is the last tour.
Bob's voice has gotten a bit weak, which was not the case when I saw him five years ago, it warmed up considerably as the concert went on and was a fantastic show as always.
Good, fair revue here:
[vancouversun.com]

Setlist:
Busload of Faith
(Lou Reed cover)
Still the Same
The Fire Down Below
Mainstreet
Old Time Rock & Roll
The Fire Inside
Shame on the Moon
(Rodney Crowell cover)
Roll Me Away
Come to Poppa
Her Strut
Like a Rock
You'll Accompany Me
We've Got Tonight
Travelin' Man
Beautiful Loser
Turn the Page
Forever Young
(Bob Dylan cover)
Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Encore:
Against the Wind
Hollywood Nights
Encore 2:
Night Moves

Old Time Rock & Roll
[www.youtube.com]

what songs listed hadn't been played in decades?

Date: February 9, 2019 08:46

Saw the show last night, pretty good. The opening act , The Record Company, were pretty good, nice southern rock sound. They played from 7:30 til 8pm, then half hour break then Seger played from 8:30 til 10:30. Show was pretty much sold out.
His voice sounded very hoarse the first song, especially. I commented to my buddy that I wonder if he has a cold. A few songs in it sounded better. Heard most of these songs in concert before but he did say he hasn't played Shame on the Moon in a long time. The Vancouver Sun review by Stuart Derdyn was pretty accurate, although I think Bob's voice was better than he gave him credit for. Looks like he has a lot of new members of the Silver Bullet Band but long time members Chris Campbell, Alto Reed, Craig Frost and vocalist Shaun Murphy are still with him.
I was watching the weather forecast all week since there was a slight chance of snow but luckily nothing, a bit chilly though. Was a bit worried about driving into town from the valley.
Glad I got to see him one last time, 36 years after I first saw him across town at the Pacific Coliseum. My sister, who didn't see this show, said she first saw him in the 70s when he opened for BTO in town.

Date: February 9, 2019 15:11

keefriffhard4life

Thought he mentioned 38 years since Come to Papa, and also a long long time since You'll Accompany Me.. Could be wrong though, or perhaps playing them for this tour after a couple decades, not certain. cool smiley Both great to hear.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 9, 2019 17:31

MisterDDDD
keefriffhard4life

Thought he mentioned 38 years since Come to Papa, and also a long long time since You'll Accompany Me.. Could be wrong though, or perhaps playing them for this tour after a couple decades, not certain. cool smiley Both great to hear.

I agree decades seems a bit like an exaggeration, and Come To Papa is not one of them cause he played it like 6 or 7 years ago when I saw him. But stuff like You'll Accompany Me, The Fire Inside, Shame On The Moon and Still The Same are basically new additions to this tour or the last year. So its a nice varied set, even though at first glance it doesn't look like anything monumental has been added.

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: February 9, 2019 19:00

wish he would throw in Nutbush city limits, in again their 2 versions of it the studio and live bullet are second only to ike and tina

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 9, 2019 19:14

At first, "Forever Young (Dylan's version)" doesn't seem that impressive. However, on the screens are pictures of Gregg Allman, Tom Petty, Glenn Frey, Leonard Cohen, Prince, etc.

It was one of the highlights.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: February 9, 2019 19:32

MisterDDDD
keefriffhard4life

Come to Papa he did in 2013, so not a big gap.

You'll Accomp'ny Me hadn't been a mainstay since 1980, though it popped up a couple of times in '83/'86. It came back for good in 2017, so it had indeed been a long long time when he wrote that bit of banter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-09 19:32 by tommycharles.

Date: February 9, 2019 19:44

Thanks for the info guys about the set list

Date: February 9, 2019 20:14

tommycharles
MisterDDDD
keefriffhard4life

Come to Papa he did in 2013, so not a big gap.

You'll Accomp'ny Me hadn't been a mainstay since 1980, though it popped up a couple of times in '83/'86. It came back for good in 2017, so it had indeed been a long long time when he wrote that bit of banter.

Cool..
As I mentioned.. not sure what songs, but he did mention "38 years since.." etc.
Glad there are some hardcore Seger fans here that are familiar.. Great show!

Date: February 9, 2019 23:28

Anyone here going to the Tacoma show tonight? I see on the news that Washington got hit with quite a bit of snow. My worries about driving to Vancouver Thursday seem to be happening tonight for those driving to Tacoma. Hopefully anyone that has tickets will be able to make it!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 10, 2019 00:00

DGA35
Anyone here going to the Tacoma show tonight? I see on the news that Washington got hit with quite a bit of snow. My worries about driving to Vancouver Thursday seem to be happening tonight for those driving to Tacoma. Hopefully anyone that has tickets will be able to make it!

its ugly. michelle obama book tour was supposed to be at tacoma dome this weekend & she rescheduled. i'm snowed in. thank God is weekend. would be an extinction level traffic event during work week. still coming down very lightly. i could go out if i really wanted to. have all wheel drive. just not worth the effort. so, have "adjusted" my attitude & am watching college basketball & movies. incredibles 2 on now. not as good as first one but entertaining. 2 weeks ago i was sitting poolside in vegas with a tasty beverage. definitely prefer that!

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: February 10, 2019 00:57

crholmstrom
DGA35

its ugly. michelle obama book tour was supposed to be at tacoma dome this weekend & she rescheduled. i'm snowed in. thank God is weekend. would be an extinction level traffic event during work week. still coming down very lightly. i could go out if i really wanted to. have all wheel drive. just not worth the effort. so, have "adjusted" my attitude & am watching college basketball & movies. incredibles 2 on now. not as good as first one but entertaining. 2 weeks ago i was sitting poolside in vegas with a tasty beverage. definitely prefer that!

Yeah if the snow hadn't hit I probably would have thought about grabbing some last minute tix. As it is, I'll just be out here living in a Christmas card photo...

Date: February 10, 2019 01:16

I know Vancouver Island got hit with snow but not much in the Fraser Valley (so far). Lots of wind, windchill and numerous power outages all around, luckily mine hasn't gone out.

Date: February 10, 2019 01:48

Had originally planned on Tacoma.. switched plans and decided on Vancouver.
Glad I did.. if weather was better might have still gone to both.

Beating the snowstorm (that never really came through the F Valley and down to Bellingham where I am) coming back from Vancouver yesterday reminded me of coming back from the Stones last show there in late '06, when the snow did come.. was brutal, but fun!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 10, 2019 03:06

MisterDDDD

Beating the snowstorm (that never really came through the F Valley and down to Bellingham where I am) coming back from Vancouver yesterday reminded me of coming back from the Stones last show there in late '06, when the snow did come.. was brutal, but fun!

I went to that show in 06. Driving home to Seattle the next day was brutal. The line at the border was out of control. i did a full 360 on I5 in Bellingham & just kept driving, haha. that was the show that was a nightmare to get into. missed all of Bonnie Raitt. i would've been really mad had it been Van Morrison as originally planned before the show got rescheduled. only Stones show I've seen where Keith got to sing lead on 3 songs. a treat!

Date: February 10, 2019 03:16

crholmstrom
MisterDDDD

I went to that show in 06. Driving home to Seattle the next day was brutal. The line at the border was out of control. i did a full 360 on I5 in Bellingham & just kept driving, haha. that was the show that was a nightmare to get into. missed all of Bonnie Raitt. i would've been really mad had it been Van Morrison as originally planned before the show got rescheduled. only Stones show I've seen where Keith got to sing lead on 3 songs. a treat!

Was a great show!
I almost got off the freeway in Bellingham, but cars were spun out all over the exit ramp (I swear I remember seeing a car do a 360 ahead of me cool smiley)
I was bummed about missing out on Van Morrison as the opener on the cancelled show as well.. was part of why I went to see him in Vegas recently.
Was a great show in '06.. ended up next to the B-stage !!

Date: February 10, 2019 03:25

Bob's show at the Tacoma Dome tonight has been cancelled.

A real bummer for those planning on it... really glad I switched up and went to Vancouver now.

[www.thenewstribune.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home