Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT - Bob Seger (Final Tour)
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 18, 2018 16:56

DETROIT, MI – After a career that has spanned more than 50 years, Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band will hit the road for one last time on their final tour. More dates are being added to Seger’s previously announced dates, giving fans one more opportunity to see Seger and the band live. The Travelin’ Man tour kicks off on November 21 in Grand Rapids.
[www.bobseger.com]

Was a huge Bob Seger fan in the late seventies... hadn't kept up with him for quite some time until I went to see him live a few years ago in Phoenix.
It was a fantastic show, and now I just purchased tix to see him in Seattle (actually Tacoma, Bob winking smiley) for what's now being billed as his final tour this Feb.
Lot of great music he's put out over the years.. looking forward to it!
Tour dates: [www.bobseger.com]

Re: OT - Bob Seger (Final Tour)
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 18, 2018 17:47

I'd love to see him, but it doesn't look like he's coming any closer than Buffalo to me at this point.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: September 18, 2018 17:59

I saw Bob Seger at MSG a few years ago. I enjoyed his show very much. J.Geils was the warm up act.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 18, 2018 18:28

I have seen Seger a number of times and he puts on an excellent show, and more importantly, still sounds great. If you are a Seger fan, I highly recommend you try to catch this tour. He doesn't seem the type to do a number of farewell tours. If he says this is it, it likely is!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 18, 2018 19:04

I love Bob Seger, but has he ever played the UK ? Not to my recollection, but perhaps I'm mistaken ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 18, 2018 19:24

A few classic songs, but I've never owned any of his albums - that was my older sisters duty.
In fact she and my bro-in-law saw him a couple of years ago and said it was just like listening to an FM radio station in the '70's for the most part.
Can't say I find much enthusiasm to see a show like that, but I'm sure it will sell well - especially using the "Final Tour" tagline to promote it.
Off the top of my head, Night Moves and Main Street might be my favorite tunes of his, and if I turn on any classic radio station today I'm sure to hear one or the other.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: September 18, 2018 19:43

agree me ddd....cheers,enjoy

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 18, 2018 21:17

Saw him in Vancouver a few years ago with Joe Walsh opening. I'll go see him again since this is his final tour.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 18, 2018 21:25

Coming to my home town! Peoria, IL. Not a lot of acts still do the smaller cities like Peoria anymore.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 18, 2018 22:30

paulywaul
I love Bob Seger, but has he ever played the UK ? Not to my recollection, but perhaps I'm mistaken ?

Seen him in Birmingham UK, still have the ticket somewhere.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 19, 2018 01:24

Thanks for heads up.Never heard about this. I want to see him in Vancouver.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: September 19, 2018 01:48

Like his music a lot but being from Argentina I think It would be impssible to see him.

How many songs you can consider represents America ? I think PROUD MARY is one of them and AGAINST THE WIND another one.

Bye
Fernando

Date: September 19, 2018 01:58

Fernandobsas
Like his music a lot but being from Argentina I think It would be impssible to see him.

How many songs you can consider represents America ? I think PROUD MARY is one of them and AGAINST THE WIND another one.

Bye
Fernando
Good choices..
If I had to pick two Seger songs that represent, I'd probably go with Night Moves and Mainstreet, but there's plenty to choose from
depending on the America one grew up in.cool smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 19, 2018 04:16

I used to listen to his music some time ago. One of my faves is "Fire Down Below" and I also like "Against The Wind", "Hollywood Nights", "Still The Same", from his popular years, along with one or two others. Totally got bored with "Night Moves" and "Main Street". They were/are overplayed. BTW, am I the only one who hears an echo of "Let It Bleed" in the midsection of "Night Moves" where the song winds down then starts to charge back up again?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 19, 2018 05:24

dmay
I used to listen to his music some time ago. One of my faves is "Fire Down Below" and I also like "Against The Wind", "Hollywood Nights", "Still The Same", from his popular years, along with one or two others. Totally got bored with "Night Moves" and "Main Street". They were/are overplayed. BTW, am I the only one who hears an echo of "Let It Bleed" in the midsection of "Night Moves" where the song winds down then starts to charge back up again?

Seems to me all of those songs you mention were/are overplayed (another is Old Time Rock and Roll) - at least in my neck of the woods. And that might have been part of the problem, his music was radio friendly and was played constantly! Even to this day, I can turn on any number of classic rock stations, and am guaranteed to hear at least one of those on any given day. Got to hand it to Bob, he knew how to write a catchy tune...like a Rock!

As for the Let it Bleed comparison, never made that connection before, but listening now there might be a similarities due to tempo and it being an a acoustic guitar, but it's kind of a stretch.
And the part you mention that comes back in after the break is nearly identical to the very beginning.

Night Moves

Anyhow, reading through this thread, seeing as this is his "Final Tour", and the fact that I've never seen him, I might have a change of heart and get myself a ticket...maybe. thumbs up

*Side note: Around when Mainstreet was first released, I was on a five hour flight to Hawaii, and they had those on air radio stations with a few channels to listen to with cheap earplugs. I think they rotated only about ten songs per/channel back then, and I must have heard Mainstreet at least ten times before we landed. Whenever I hear it now I have visions of being stuck in an airplane mixed in with what the lyrics are actually saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-19 05:25 by Hairball.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 19, 2018 05:41

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: September 19, 2018 20:12

We still have our tix from last years cancelled tour. I don't see Oakland, Ca. on his rescheduled tour, so I may finally refund? Hoping for more inside info before I do???

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 19, 2018 20:31

His best album, Back in '72 has never been released on CD. I have a copy that someone dubbed off a vinyl, bought it at a record shop in Royal Oak 20 years ago.

Date: September 19, 2018 21:45

mnewman505
His best album, Back in '72 has never been released on CD. I have a copy that someone dubbed off a vinyl, bought it at a record shop in Royal Oak 20 years ago.

Wasn't familiar with this, but plan on hunting down a copy.

Strange, that "wiki" in it's description notes that it was never released on cd, but in track listing, lists several more songs calling them 2008 bonus cd tracks.
Track listing
All tracks written by Bob Seger, except where noted.
Side One
No. Title Writer(s) Length
1. "Midnight Rider" Gregg Allman, Robert Payne 2:45
2. "So I Wrote You a Song" 2:44
3. "Stealer" Andy Fraser, Paul Rodgers, Paul Kossoff 2:55
4. "Rosalie" 3:22
5. "Turn the Page" 5:11
Side Two
No. Title Writer(s) Length
1. "Back in '72" 4:25
2. "Neon Sky" 3:35
3. "I've Been Working" Van Morrison 4:33
4. "I've Got Time" 5:40
2008 CD bonus tracks
No. Title Length
10. "Persecution Smith" 3:04
11. "Chain Smokin'" 2:45
12. "Lookin' Back" 2:41
13. "Heavy Music – Part 2"

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: September 23, 2018 00:53

swaff
We still have our tix from last years cancelled tour. I don't see Oakland, Ca. on his rescheduled tour, so I may finally refund? Hoping for more inside info before I do???

Turns out since the whole tour was cancelled they refunded all tix anyway.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 23, 2018 09:08

His voice still sounds fantastic.

Night Moves live 2017
[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 23, 2018 10:29

I have a ex live CD of him but do not know where it took place or date, or whether it's a boot or commercial release. These days it's hard to tell. He certainly is a great artist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-23 10:30 by babyblue.

Date: September 23, 2018 10:32

DGA35
Saw him in Vancouver a few years ago with Joe Walsh opening. I'll go see him again since this is his final tour.[/quote

Are u from Vancouver area? Just wondering.

Date: September 23, 2018 21:55

babyblue
DGA35
Saw him in Vancouver a few years ago with Joe Walsh opening. I'll go see him again since this is his final tour.[/quote

Are u from Vancouver area? Just wondering.

I live in the Fraser Valley. Treaclefingers lives in Vancouver and there have been others throughout the years from the Vancouver area or Vancouver Island. Seen a number of shows in Van this year: Rod Stewart, Pink, Paul Simon and also Steve Miller and John Fogerty in Abbotsford.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 25, 2018 09:31

I was thinking the closest place to me might b Denver which is 500 miles away when suddenly I was surprised and shocked to see Billings,only 50 miles from me. It's the largest city in Montana but still only about 110,000. Now I will have to go, never seen him. Rod Stewart plays there next month, just got a pair of the most expensive tix on Saturday at $130.00 each! Sure wish the Stones would play there but I think the one and only time they played or ever will play Montana was in Missoula in 2006. 400 miles away.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-25 09:32 by timbernardis.

Date: September 25, 2018 22:15

timbernardis
I was thinking the closest place to me might b Denver which is 500 miles away when suddenly I was surprised and shocked to see Billings,only 50 miles from me. It's the largest city in Montana but still only about 110,000. Now I will have to go, never seen him. Rod Stewart plays there next month, just got a pair of the most expensive tix on Saturday at $130.00 each! Sure wish the Stones would play there but I think the one and only time they played or ever will play Montana was in Missoula in 2006. 400 miles away.

plexi

I think it's cool when major bands play smaller markets! Billings, Boise, Spokane,Salt Lake City, Tucson, Albuquerque etc. In Western Canada, a lot of bands will swing through and skip the major cities and hit smaller centers: Regina, Lethbridge, Ft. MacMurray, Prince George, Kelowna, Abbotsford, Victoria etc.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 25, 2018 22:31

i saw the stones play regina in 2006, show # 1. In fact, it sold out so quickly they played a second show, which I missed as I had work the next day, should have taken the day off.

I saw Neil Young in 2009 in Lethbridge.

p

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 26, 2018 01:05

Love Seger and will be at Atlanta (Duluth) show.

However, if you think the Stones don't vary their setlists ......

basically same one since 1996

Roll Me Away
Trying to Live My Life

...... the middle ...

We've Got Tonight
Turn The Page
Ramblin' Gamblin' Man
Katmandu

Encores:

Hollywood Nights
Against The Wind

Night Moves
Rock and Roll Never Forgets

Date: September 26, 2018 01:53

timbernardis

plexi

Love making road trips to Billings for the occasional concert!
Beautiful area.. if it was anytime other than winter, I'd make it over for this!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 26, 2018 11:15

It would be great if he did a few dates in the UK.
Getting back into him via Spotify.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1420
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home