Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

When will there be a new solo album from Ronnie?
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 16, 2018 18:10

His last solo album, I Feel like Playing is almost 8 years ago (2010). And..it was a great one.
Whats the reason you think, he releases no new solo albums anymore??

Is it for the sake of his painting?? is it for his new love, Sally? Is it for his twins?? Is it because of Dolly (his dog).

It cant be of his touring schedule with the Stones, thats only 2,3 months a year.

So, why cant he be bothered any more?? All his solo albums were good to very good to great.

What do you think??

Well, i Need a new Ronnie Wood solo album at least. (and a drink)

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-16 18:11 by corriecas.

Re: When will there be a new solo album from Ronnie?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 16, 2018 20:03

If Ronnie doesn't have enough original tunes for an album, he could always record a great blues covers album on his own.

Possible titles:

- I've Got My Own Blues Covers Album To Do
- I Feel Like Playing (Blues Covers)

I'd happily buy it, and chances are it would sell well and boost his status as a solo recording artist.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 17, 2018 00:02

I think could do a blues album, the one the Stones should do, with guests. Among the very best tracks on Blue & Lonesome were the two with Eric Clapton. Wood is still a capable, talented guitarist, but he doesn't have a distinctive sound. Ronnie, or the Stones, with cameos by Buddy Guy, Dereck Trucks, Jeff Beck, or whoever is left with cred. Vocals are obviously not Ronnie's strongpoint. Like Jeff Beck, he could use different vocalists. But I do like that 'I've Got My Own Blues Album' title. I think it might rankle Mick, who might like the idea for himself or the Stones.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 17, 2018 00:09

No No … not another blues album with a million guests ….. spare me

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 17, 2018 00:16

That ship has sailed, Ronnie has his hands full with his twins and well, other stuff I heard...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 17, 2018 01:01

Rockman
No No … not another blues album with a million guests ….. spare me

Who else did it? I liked Clapton's part on Blue & Lonesome. I can see where it could get sterile if they put too much pressure on it. Part of the charm of Blue & Lonesome was the spontaneity.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 17, 2018 01:01

gotdablouse
That ship has sailed, Ronnie has his hands full with his twins and well, other stuff I heard...

...painting rhinos? winking smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 29, 2018 13:06

Hairball
gotdablouse

...painting rhinos? winking smiley

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Good one, Hairball! thumbs up

My suggestion: an album of Duane Eddy covers, title: A Bigger Twang ... winking smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 29, 2018 14:27

In recent years Ron wood has said that the only time he is holding a guitar in his hands is on stage or during rehearsals with the Stones. So I doubt that there will be enough inspiration for a decent album.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 30, 2018 02:31

I remember having read on this very board here that Ronnie did record two albums worth of solo material back in the 90s that have still not seen the light of day. Will they ever? I hope so.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 30, 2018 04:47

I requested "Lookin' for A Love" for this project [iorr.org] . What was going on?

Date: September 30, 2018 09:51

windmelody
In recent years Ron wood has said that the only time he is holding a guitar in his hands is on stage or during rehearsals with the Stones. So I doubt that there will be enough inspiration for a decent album.

Wouldn't take that too literally...

He also guest with other bands/artists more often than Mick and Keith.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: September 30, 2018 23:51

Hope not...he should be working on new Stones trax…...

Date: October 1, 2018 16:13

His solo albums are a top chapter in the Stones' catalog.
I imagine that his "I Got my own Album" sessions had to be an absolute treat to have been involved in. By same token I bet "1234" must have been as paranoid mess haha..

But back in the day those guys knew how to do it. It was such a different time. They were revered, and their art was appreciated in a different way than today.
But the sunny months in Nellcote; or the footage in ECs film "Life in 12 bars" from the Layla album with Bobby Keys,Bobby Whitlock frolicking around on the terrace in the sun. They are all obviously living there for the duration.
yes that's another thing: the stars all bought these castles in England country-side.
But it probably took the right guy to host such a gathering. I read about Lennon showing up at Nellcote, and supposedly never being able to handle his dope.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 1, 2018 16:20

he has a Faces reunion to get ready for.

cool smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home