Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: How much money did you put in the Stones in your life?
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 18, 2018 13:05

Beast
That's exactly what I was about to write, Roadster32!

Hi Sara!!

p

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 18, 2018 13:08

Who is counting ? Why bother with a stat like that when for example I love the Stones and everything about them , for them and so on . When you love something and have so much fun for so many years that's what counts .

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 18, 2018 14:52

timbernardis
odean73
Thousands.

Last tour i reckon in 3 shows, with hotels, meals, drinks etc around £3.500.

I don't regret one penny, and found this last tour so enjoyable and great memories and to think I had 18 family and friends at Coventry, was a dream come true.

In fact my sister in law recently stated, family members, used to think you was probably a bit eccentric in your choice of the stones, especially at family parties and then you persuaded us to go to Coventry and we are all converted now.

that's a good one odean. I managed to convert my wife and two daughters so they can't bug me too much for my Stones spending, just very very occasionally.

plexi

I had to convert my girl friend at the time, now my wife, straight away.smileys with beer

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: September 18, 2018 19:22

timbernardis
Just tonight, I made my final bid on a copy of the Genesis Christopher Sykes book TOTA on e bay. It was the regular edition, not the leather bound one (which I just saw for $1,170).

I bid $335 and the winning bid was $340. I thought it's just as well, I shouldn't spend that kind of money,only on show tix. Yet, I am bummed and feel down.

plexi

the Chistopher Sykes book TOTA is avaiable on Genesis Publication : "Anniversary edition" 520$

Date: September 18, 2018 21:52

I just saw that when I went to their website. For the 40th anniversary of the 75 tour? Is it different in any way from the earlier editions?

plexi

Date: September 18, 2018 22:53

Attended 4 concerts and bought all the CDs and some vinyl. Spent less than $1000 USD on physical product and LIVE programming. Not a whole lot of money in the western world for a die-hard fan of 30+ years

However the time and emotion I have spent in listening, hearing and in knowing the details of their music, trying to understand Jagger-Richards, poring over the minutiae of the lives of complete strangers - I'd say the price (or is it cost?) is out-of-bounds

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 20, 2018 02:36

wanderingspirit66
Attended 4 concerts and bought all the CDs and some vinyl. Spent less than $1000 USD on physical product and LIVE programming. Not a whole lot of money in the western world for a die-hard fan of 30+ years

However the time and emotion I have spent in listening, hearing and in knowing the details of their music, trying to understand Jagger-Richards, poring over the minutiae of the lives of complete strangers - I'd say the price (or is it cost?) is out-of-bounds

I think I've spent more money, but you've had a higher cost.

Date: September 20, 2018 05:01

timbernardis
I just saw that when I went to their website. For the 40th anniversary of the 75 tour? Is it different in any way from the earlier editions?

plexi

I just heard today that the new edition is signed by Ronnie, probably reason snuff to buy this one.

plexi

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1380
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home