Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: the voice of many dance/pop singers
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 9, 2018 02:53

Many voices of new dance/pop songs with a highly artificial synth rythm do also have a very manipulated voice, it seems. It`s like they`re told by some mad professors to sing like at the verge of orgasm, especially women. -Some other of you who have heard this?

Re: OT: the voice of many dance/pop singers
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 9, 2018 10:05

….. like in the old days in record shops and hearing girls
with headphones on singing along to the record they're playing ……

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 11:01 by Rockman.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: September 9, 2018 10:42

That is very true. Now people sing so high, mainly females. Never in history have been so many great voices and singers with such a high pitch.
I suspect this is because the autotune thing

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 9, 2018 10:48

It’s not normal. Very strange. Some singers sound like they are straining out of a bubble pipe. Maybe I’m gettin’ old.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 9, 2018 10:49

Pop music is not a singer. Even they isnot a females. I am so sorry, but [EDIT: second to]last post is the most stupid one I have ever seen in this forum I am so sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 10:50 by stonehearted.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 9, 2018 11:04

I find many vocals (I should clarify, Top of The Pops types) these days to be unnatural sounding. Now this is when casually driving with the car radio on for a 5 minute trip to get groceries or something. Maroon 5 come to mind.

Nowadays I plug in my iPod. For the longer rides. Nothing like one’s own self made playlists to offset.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 11:19 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: September 9, 2018 12:17

Too much autotune

Date: September 9, 2018 14:35

There is the whole artificial pitch control, auto-tune, but you're right - it is also in the interpretations and phrasings, which can't be created all that much synthetically.
But in every era there are styles of vocalizing that rule; that sometimes seem to fundamental that you wonder "where did all those guys come from all the sudden?". But it is just a style thing. I mean - in the 80's literally all UK bands were whining like Morrissey, Spandau, Howard Jones.
In 90's everyone was Eddie Vedder. I could n't tell Vedder from Weiland from Lanegan etc. But it's all the same guys. The producers sitting in there going "give it more growl, give it more twang, give it more existential pain".
And of course "give it more sex".

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 9, 2018 16:34

Yeah, it`s always those people in the background that become audible in the end product. The whole business stinks, imo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1639
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home