Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Marianne Faithfull's new album "Negative Capability"
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 14, 2018 10:31

The Gypsy Fairie Queen - Spotify link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-14 10:34 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 14, 2018 10:58

Thanks Cristiano

Date: September 14, 2018 14:12

My pleasure, maumau. This is a lovely song, and Warren Ellis does a great job here.

Date: September 14, 2018 17:06

Lovely yes, but I must say a little downer from expectations. Last collaboration between Nick and Marianne was the gorgeous Late victorian holocaust which is wonderfully haunting...

video: [www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

still looking forward the whole album
Marianne's are always to keep

Date: September 15, 2018 01:33

maumau
Lovely yes, but I must say a little downer from expectations. Last collaboration between Nick and Marianne was the gorgeous Late victorian holocaust which is wonderfully haunting...

video: [www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

still looking forward the whole album
Marianne's are always to keep

Yes! I listened to this song again and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to hear the full album.

jlowe

Might just buy her new album...and also check out the documentary referred to in the interview.

It can be viewed here, in two parts:

Fleur D'Âme (Flower of the Soul) - Part one

Fleur D'Âme (Flower of the Soul) - Part two

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 16, 2018 16:11

one song...a whole lot of dread and sounds like a dirge.....kind of need something else in our lives...

Date: September 17, 2018 13:28

Marianne also guests on Harriett Stubbs' "Heaven and Hell: The Doors of Perception". She reads parts of Willam Blake's "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" on the first track.

Harriett Stubbs - "Heaven and Hell: The Doors of Perception" on Spotify

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 17, 2018 13:56

Nice find, I'd looked for it but came up empty handed !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 23, 2018 18:16

Interview - Marianne Faithfull: ‘This is the most honest record I’ve made. It’s open-heart surgery, darling’

Jude Roger

Marianne Faithfull at home in Paris: ‘It’s literally a pain to do anything.’ Photograph: Yann Orhan for the Observer

[www.theguardian.com]

Date: September 29, 2018 21:38

"This is Nick and I having a chat about the record and about our song The Gypsy Faerie Queen. Thank you once again Nick Cave for everything and see you soon!"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 29, 2018 21:58

"She's got no filter."

Thanks, Cristiano for the Guardian piece.

Date: October 4, 2018 21:33

My pleasure, Rocky! thumbs up

"Another snippet of the album recording... And only a month left till the record comes out !"

[twitter.com]

Date: October 18, 2018 16:23

Not related with her new album, but I thought it was worth posting this video here.

Marianne Faithfull - Easy Come Easy Go Documentary: An Original Idea by Jean Baptiste Mondino (2008)

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 19, 2018 08:08

Marianne is important to the Stones legacy for many reasons.one thing is that she is a musician herself,she no doubt talked with Mick about music,what worked ,what didn’t,he hasn’t been with anyone,talent wise, of her caliber since.
When you’re working on a song and you say”how’s this sound baby?” and you’re talking to someone who has recorded one of your songs it’s a lot different than some model/actress/flavor of the week saying “ooo mick it Izz fabulous.”
2.-she was obviously very close to Anita,This made life easy for the twins,two writers working together and their women are best friends,look what they wrote during that time.
Anita wasn’t a musician but she had an uncanny ability to know what was good for the band.everyone has heard the story of Mick playing a song for her and she told him,good but it needs work.
With all due respect to the fashion models,actresses,ballerinas etc that came later,no one did more for the band behind the scenes than Marianne and Anita.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-01 21:26 by lem motlow.

Date: October 27, 2018 22:21

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 27, 2018 22:34

She still has that wonderful smile...............

Date: October 27, 2018 23:05

thumbs up BRAVO Marianne!!! I LOVE it. Looking forward to the album...

Date: October 28, 2018 15:43

"Following the Gypsy Faerie Queene. My interview with Marianne took place in her flat on the Boulevard du Montparnasse in Paris on a lovely autumn day."

By Alain Elkann

[www.alainelkanninterviews.com]

Date: November 1, 2018 20:46

Date: November 2, 2018 17:26

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 2, 2018 18:16

Cristiano Radtke
"Following the Gypsy Faerie Queene. My interview with Marianne took place in her flat on the Boulevard du Montparnasse in Paris on a lovely autumn day."

By Alain Elkann

[www.alainelkanninterviews.com]

Aah lovely interview, thanks.
Interesting she felt Mick would have wanted a 'stay at home (wife)'.
In fact both Bianca and Jerry Hall persued their own paths during their time with Mick. Much more so than Keith's Patti.
Perhaps, post 1970 Mick's attitude changed.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 2, 2018 23:51

I am still good friends with Keith and his family, and I am very fond of Mick, and Charlie.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 3, 2018 06:24

lem motlow
Marianne is important to the Stones legacy for many reasons.one thing is that she is a musician herself,she no doubt talked with Mick about music,what worked ,what didn’t,he hasn’t been with anyone,talent wise, of her caliber since.
When you’re working on a song and you say”how’s this sound baby?” and you’re talking to someone who has recorded one of your songs it’s a lot different than some model/actress/flavor of the week saying “ooo mick it Izz fabulous.”
2.-she was obviously very close to Anita,This made life easy for the twins,two writers working together and their women are best friends,look what they wrote during that time.
Anita wasn’t a musician but she had an uncanny ability to know what was good for the band.everyone has heard the story of Mick playing a song for her and she told him,good but it needs work.
With all due respect to the fashion models,actresses,ballerinas etc that came later,no one did more for the band behind the scenes than Marianne and Anita.

All very true, I would just add they were also their ages. Muses the same age connect much more than trying to hang on to youth by having a young (or younger) lover. Someone may make you feel like a kid again, but at the end of the day they don't have the same experiences or frame of reference. Conversation would be more like talking to your children or, in some cases, grandchildren. Outside of the interpersonal, that has to impact art when the muse is not aligned to the artist but instead more of them chasing a memory (cue up "Memory Motel" and "Anybody Seen My Baby?")

Date: November 3, 2018 17:06

bought and listened to marianne's record. very melancholic, solitude and long for love are the themes, low tempo, beautifully sang and discretely played by a compact ensemble.only exception they coma at night cowritten with mark lanegan.
dont know if another interpretation of as tears go by was needed, certainly it fits the mood of the album
love marianne

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 4, 2018 20:45

What a beautiful new cd. really love her. seen her a few times live over the years. The last concert at the paradiso was astonishing.
as tears go by is still , and will be, beautiful.
thanks marianne. love Ya
Jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 4, 2018 20:57

Hope she will do some live gigs, Amsterdam???
Jeroen

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 4, 2018 22:03

corriecas
Hope she will do some live gigs, Amsterdam???
Jeroen

These are promised but because of health reasons, long tours are probably unlikely.
Still, who would have thought some 40 odd years ago that record wise she would have been more prolific and creative than Mick and Keith.
Good for her.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 5, 2018 03:33

Five-star review. Good on ya', Marianne thumbs up

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 5, 2018 19:26

Listened to it driving to Vermont. Melancholy but beautiful. No moon in Paris and longest person song were intense. Need to listen again

Date: November 6, 2018 13:29

Reviewed Negative Capability for The Arts Desk - and here it is, what a fine album, up there with her best.

https://theartsdesk.com/new-music/cd-marianne-faithfull-negative-capability

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home