Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Mick Jagger Joins Heist Thriller ‘Burnt Orange Heresy’
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 10, 2020 00:23

Good interview ... thanks johnny

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 10, 2020 01:07

Thanks, BYEBYEJOHNNY, for sharing Mick's interview from the LA Times. It was very interesting. I always like it when Mick comes across as totally relatable & " normal", because HE IS! So, he HAS been offered lots of parts in other movies but for the most part has found them not interesting enough. It also seems, although he's happy that " Performance" has stood the test of time, he's not anxious to play another " Mick-like" rock star...as he said, that's not HIM either! Seeing photos recently of Mick fixing windows in his French Chateau made the " real Mick' seem a million miles away from the image of him on stage. I think I rather like the Mick up on that ladder, doing chores! It is easy to picture oneself pulling up a chair and having a chat over a glass of wine! Ah, the things that dreams are made of!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 25, 2020 20:57

Mick Jagger Talks About His First Film Role in 20 Years for 'The Burnt Orange Heresy': Exclusive

"Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release the film on digital, DVD and Blu-ray platforms tomorrow, Aug. 25. But until then, Billboard got an exclusive look of what the legendary rocker had to say about his latest film role and what his starstruck co-stars said when they met him on set."
[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 25, 2020 21:10

[iTunes.Apple.com] · [www.Amazon.com] - Rent $5.99, Buy $14.99

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 25, 2020 22:06

Isn't this flick already burnt? Like an orange. Premiered in 2018, but what happened really?

Date: August 25, 2020 22:15

Premiere was on 7-Sep-2019 at the Venice International Film Festival - [en.Wikipedia.org] , [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-25 22:20 by Irix.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 25, 2020 22:16

Thanks, Irix. I stand corrected. 2019 it is then.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: August 26, 2020 17:35

It looks like this is now available on DVD and streaming (Amazon Prime).

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 26, 2020 23:09

It's been available on Torrents for a while. Interesting (not great) movie, but I think Jagger is superb! Not a whole lot of screen time, but he is perfectly cast as an eccentric, British art collector. I watched with low expectations and totally enjoyed the movie.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 27, 2020 04:17

Saw this AT the cinema in Perth. I enjoyed it. Not a great film, but enjoyable nevertheless. Jagger played an art collector very well. He’s not one of the main actors, but neither is he a bit player. His part is larger than that. The film actually revolves around him to a certain extent. I thought it to be his best film role to date in fact. He played it beautifully/creepily. As I said, I enjoyed the film. But maybe, being a cinema goer, I was more thrilled to be IN a cinema. I’ve missed them for 6 months! No, it was fine. As was Jagger.

Rod

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 27, 2020 13:29

Yes it’s now officially available to purchase or stream at least in USA since August 25th. It’s on amazon, vudu etc

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: September 2, 2020 03:50

I enjoyed that movie & though Mick acted the part very well.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 3, 2020 02:33

It was a bit boring, Mick was okay in it though, why did he seem so small? Or were the other actors just very tall.. he's in it for a short time but his scenes are the most lively.. like he knows it's a pretty boring movie and he wants to speed things up a bit

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 6, 2020 06:16

Just watched it today. It was certainly a gorgeous setting on Lake Como. All the acting was good, and Mick was very believable as his character. Short movie, interesting enough to pass the time on a day when it was 111 degrees Fahrenheit here and I wanted to stay inside with the air conditioner on!

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 22, 2020 03:25

Just watched this for the first time, and didn’t enjoy it I’m sorry to say. Unlikable and uninteresting two-faced characters. Dialogue feels stilted and scripted and it’s hard to understand what anyone is saying. Nice setting but blandly shot. Mick was ok I suppose but IMO his least interesting and convincing role ever.

A very unpleasant film. To paraphrase a character from a much better film (“Freejack”) – I waited 8 months for this shit?!?

Drew

Date: May 5, 2021 01:25

For rent / purchase in UK - [iTunes.Apple.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] · Germany (rent was € 1.99) - [iTunes.Apple.com] , [www.Amazon.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-07 13:20 by Irix.

Date: June 28, 2021 18:10

In Germany on [iTunes.Apple.com] and [www.Amazon.de] it's now "Movie of the week" - rent for only € 0.99 .

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 10, 2023 00:26

Finally got to see it today, pretty good thriller and Mick's performance was quite enjoyable, not cringeworthy at all !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 10, 2023 01:22

Yeah its quiet a good film ....
But like anything Mick does it gets canned instantly ....

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1824
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home