Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Mick Jagger Joins Heist Thriller ‘Burnt Orange Heresy’
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 13, 2019 17:08

keefriff99
Stoneage
How beautiful Elizabeth Debicki is.And tall, 1.88 m (6ft 2in) apparently. I hope she withstood the jagged charm of our old philanderer...
The first time I saw her was in Guy Ritchie's surprisingly good Man From U.N.C.L.E. She was also in Widows and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Beautiful and a very good actress.

You forget The Night Manager; she was brilliant in that.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 13, 2019 17:12

tomcasagranda
keefriff99
Stoneage
How beautiful Elizabeth Debicki is.And tall, 1.88 m (6ft 2in) apparently. I hope she withstood the jagged charm of our old philanderer...
The first time I saw her was in Guy Ritchie's surprisingly good Man From U.N.C.L.E. She was also in Widows and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Beautiful and a very good actress.

You forget The Night Manager; she was brilliant in that.
Haven't seen it...heard it was very good.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 13, 2019 22:58

bye bye johnny
[theplaylist.net]

An extremely insightful review. Thanks, bye bye johnny.

Drew

Mick Jagger in ‘The Burnt Orange Heresy’
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 17, 2019 23:30

Giuseppe Capotondi on What It's Like to Direct Mick Jagger In 'The Burnt Orange Heresy'

9/13/2019 by Karen Bliss

Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images

Mick Jagger plays a man of wealth and taste, an art dealer to be precise, in Giuseppe Capotondi’s The Burnt Orange Heresy,, which had its North American premiere this week at the Toronto International Film Festival. The world debut was in Italy at the Venice International Film Festival. Both the director and the star Claes Bang are Rolling Stones fans, but have never seen the band perform ln concert, they told Billboard.

As the wily Joseph Cassidy, Jagger makes a pragmatic offer -- make that a veiled threat -- to broke, dishonest art critic James Figueras (Bang), who travels with his one-night-stand Berenice Hollis (Elizabeth Debicki) to the collector’s “summer cottage” to interview reclusive painter Jerome Debney (Donald Sutherland) in exchange for procuring one of his paintings. That’s aristocrat-speak for “steal the thing.”

“It's a Faustian tale and Mick plays the devil who makes the deal with the art critic,” says Capotondi of the plot, based on Charles Willeford’s 1971 crime novel, adapted for the screen by Scott B. Smith.

The Burnt Orange Heresy is shot in Italy’s Lake Como on a breathtaking estate some of us would indeed make a deal with the devil to enjoy for a weekend; meanwhile, the novel takes place in Florida.

Filmed last October before the Stones set out on tour, Capotondi tells Billboard, “We heard that he was looking for a last film to make and so we sent the script. He liked it and I went to London to see him. It was very unnerving before going in, but he’s just a gentle soul. He wanted to do it and then when he was on set, it was just like any other director and actor. He wasn't a Mick Jagger from the Rolling Stones.

“It's working with the legend, but the good thing is that he doesn't act like one.”

Bang, whose credits include 2017’s The Square, is a musician himself, although he stresses it’s “hobby-level.” He grew up listening to the Stones because his parents were fans, so it’s cool to swap lines with Sir Mick.

“Obviously, before he comes on set, you're like, ‘Whoa, I might faint when I see him or something,’” Bang jokes to Billboard. “But on the day, if I was sitting there thinking, ‘Whoa, this is Mick Jagger,’ I probably would forget my lines. It's really about doing the job on the day. In that sense, he becomes your fellow actor on that day.

“That's not to diminish anything,” he adds. “But that's really important to me because otherwise I think I would go crazy.”

As familiar as Jagger’s mannerisms and speaking voice are, it’s to his credit as an actor that his public persona and moves like Jagger fade into the fine suit of Cassidy with his slicked-back hair and calmly manipulative ways.

“You want him to be very, very elegant and sophisticated,” says Capotondi. “He brought some histrionism to the character, which I think it was needed.”

Capatondi didn’t ask Jagger to contribute any music to the soundtrack, he says. “He came as an actor, not as a musician, so it would have been weird to mix the two things.”

Bang, who sings and plays guitar and piano, occasionally releases music under the name This Is Not America (named after the David Bowie/Pat Metheny song). “I play the guitar and I play the piano and I can never get myself out of the '80s somehow. Pet Shop Boys. New Order. I love it.

“This is what I do when people go and ride about with their motorbike; it’s really what calms me down. I like to think about it this way, that normally my job is like, ‘Stand here. Say that,’ all kinds of people telling me all kinds of shit all the time, and when I go and do music, I get to decide everything myself.

“I've got a lot of tracks out to producers right now and they're just coming back. I think next spring something is going to come out.”

[www.billboard.com]

Re: Mick Jagger in ‘The Burnt Orange Heresy’
Date: September 18, 2019 02:42

bye bye johnny

Filmed last October before the Stones set out on tour, Capotondi tells Billboard, “We heard that he was looking for a last film to make and so we sent the script.

Where is it written that this is Mick's last film??

Drew

Date: September 18, 2019 02:45

[variety.com]

Sony Pictures Classics has nabbed the rights to “The Burnt Orange Heresy,” Variety has learned.

The indie label plans to release the film in 2020. The Italian-American thriller was directed by Giuseppe Capotondi and stars Claes Bang, Elizabeth Debicki, Mick Jagger and Donald Sutherland. Scott Smith adapted Charles Willeford’s novel of the same name, transporting the action from Florida to Italy’s Lake Como.

“The Burnt Orange Heresy” is set in the world of high art and has a Hitchcock-ian feel. The film follows a swindler (Bang) who sets his sights on obtaining a rare painting by the reclusive genius Jerome Debney (Sutherland). His path soon intersects with those of a fabulously wealthy art collector (Jagger) and an American teacher touring Europe (Debicki). In the midst of all this intrigue, he soon finds himself on a deadly collision course.

“The Burnt Orange Heresy” debuted at the Venice Film Festival and screened at the Toronto Film Festival. This is the second deal out of Toronto for Sony Pictures Classics. The company previously picked up “Lyrebird,” another drama set in the world of high art — though that picture followed a man tasked with recovering paintings that had been stolen by the Nazis. The company also screened several of its upcoming releases at the festival, include Pedro Almodovar’s “Pain and Glory” and Michael Winterbottom’s “Greed.”

UTA Independent Film Group and CAA Media Finance represented the filmmakers.

“We are thrilled to partner with Sony Pictures Classics on the theatrical release of this extraordinary film,” UTA’s Nick Shumaker said. “As a company, they have been steadfast in their devotion to director-driven cinema and their promotion of the theatrical experience.”

Drew

Date: December 6, 2019 00:22

There's now a release date for 'Burnt Orange Heresy' - March 6, 2020.

[www.boxofficemojo.com]

Drew

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 24, 2020 15:43

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 24, 2020 18:23

ROLLINGSTONE
Leonioid
FUN!! I love seeing Mick in movies... it is... FUN!!!

Freejack was certainly fun(ny) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You must mean funny like sad because the movie was piss poor. Imho

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: January 24, 2020 18:26

Wow he looks so old!! Still looks good, but he just looks rlly old!! No offense!!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 24, 2020 21:39

say WHAT? Dude looks like some Ed Sullivan version of himself

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 24, 2020 21:48

As in THE MAN FROM ELYSIAN FIELDS, he is trying not to look like a rock star (unlike in FREEJACK where he could have walked over from the set of the Highwire video). By appearing like a regular person, he still looks pretty good for 76 years old, but some of that eternal vigor he has disappears.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 24, 2020 22:16

CJFP
Wow he looks so old!! Still looks good, but he just looks rlly old!! No offense!!

The character is really old (in the book, anyway). So he's been styled for, and acting, the part.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2020 22:33

……….

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-25 11:48 by Rockman.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 25, 2020 03:38

Nikkei

grinning smiley

If Ed Sullivan and Don Knotts had a baby....

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 25, 2020 04:28

I just watched a lengthy trailer for the movie and Mick's role is NOT A CAMEO, it's quite a substantial part and all I can say is that criticizing him BEFORE you SEE the movie shows a real lack of class and support for the front man of the band you're supposed to LOVE! Really, you don't even have the decency to applaud the fact that Mick is well-rounded and has a LIFE outside of the Stones...or is THAT he problem with you....you're too narrow-minded to envision Mick having happiness outside of the band. Get over it, HE DOES OTHER THINGS and he is very good at them. No one is forcing you to see this film. For the record, Mick was excellent in " The Man From Elysian Fields". I'm very happy in the knowledge that once the Rolling Stones do STOP performing ( and I hope that day is in the distance future!), we'll be able to see Mick expressing himself through another medium...film!thumbs up

Date: January 25, 2020 04:45

Let me lean a ladder against that 9 ft horse of yours

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 25, 2020 04:57

Review: Burnt

"While The Burnt Orange Heresy would work perfectly well as a twisted little mystery short, it does not quite cut it as a 98-minute feature".

After watching the trailer, not sure if I can sit through 98 minutes of it.
I heard the book was pretty good though.

EDIT: I take that back regarding the book. Skimmed through thread and someone mentioned the book was also lame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-25 05:04 by Hairball.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 25, 2020 07:15

Nikkei, another " very stable genius" I see.....Blah, Blah, Blah...

Date: January 25, 2020 07:58

mickschix
I just watched a lengthy trailer for the movie and Mick's role is NOT A CAMEO, it's quite a substantial part and all I can say is that criticizing him BEFORE you SEE the movie shows a real lack of class and support for the front man of the band you're supposed to LOVE! Really, you don't even have the decency to applaud the fact that Mick is well-rounded and has a LIFE outside of the Stones...or is THAT he problem with you....you're too narrow-minded to envision Mick having happiness outside of the band. Get over it, HE DOES OTHER THINGS and he is very good at them. No one is forcing you to see this film. For the record, Mick was excellent in " The Man From Elysian Fields". I'm very happy in the knowledge that once the Rolling Stones do STOP performing ( and I hope that day is in the distance future!), we'll be able to see Mick expressing himself through another medium...film!thumbs up

Not sure where that was directed. I look forward to the film and enjoy MAN FROM ELYSIAN FIELDS a great deal (to date, his best performance after PERFORMANCE). I thought he seemed effective in the BURNT ORANGE trailer. No, it's not a cameo, but the early reporting suggested that it was. FREEJACK is awful and while I don't think Mick's good in it (at all), no one else is either. It was simply a bad film.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-25 19:55 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 26, 2020 02:41

CJFP

Well, he *is* old... smoking smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 26, 2020 04:14

Koen
CJFP

Well, he *is* old... smoking smiley

I think he looks great! Who the hell else looks so phenomenal at 76?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 26, 2020 14:02

Nikkei

For some unknown reason I'm thinking Javier Bardem in Skyfall.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 26, 2020 14:20

tomcasagranda

For some unknown reason I'm thinking Javier Bardem in Skyfall.

Maybe they had the same makeup-artist - [en.Wikipedia.org] .... winking smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: January 26, 2020 16:40

drewmaster
bye bye johnny

Filmed last October before the Stones set out on tour, Capotondi tells Billboard, “We heard that he was looking for a last film to make and so we sent the script.

Where is it written that this is Mick's last film??

Drew

What if he's ill and hasn't let the world known like David Bowie?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 26, 2020 21:41

NilsHolgersson
What if he's ill and hasn't let the world known like David Bowie?

In that case we would get the new album only the day befoe he dies. sad smiley Let's hope we get it earlier and that there will be room for more.

Date: January 26, 2020 22:57

Jesus, this site overflows with ignorance. Let the @#$%& at Alternative Nation have it. What sick crap. Maybe Keith will die, too and Charlie and then you can say other tasteless shit.

Date: January 26, 2020 23:01

I agree, that is some seriously tasteless shit

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 3, 2020 20:21

Date: February 6, 2020 16:50

[variety.com]

Miami Film Festival to Kick Off With ‘The Burnt Orange Heresy’
By Variety Staff

The Miami Film Festival will open on March 6 with “The Burnt Orange Heresy,” starring Mick Jagger, Donald Sutherland, Elizabeth Debicki and Claes Bang.

Miami Dade College’s festival, now in its 37th edition and running March 6-15, will screen more than 125 narrative features, documentaries and shorts from 30 countries.

“Charles Willeford’s classic 1971 art world noir thriller ‘The Burnt Orange Heresy’ has been updated by director Giuseppe Capotondi and Academy Award-nominated screenwriter Scott Smith into a biting satire of the world of contemporary high art and the attendant, controversial role of art criticism that swirls around it – an apt examination for Miami’s current major destination status on the international art market,” said festival director Jaie Laplante. “The film is swanky, steamy and sexy, with Willeford’s jet-black, cruelly ironic humor firmly intact.”

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-01 00:20 by drewmaster.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home