Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Mick Jagger Joins Heist Thriller ‘Burnt Orange Heresy’
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: October 17, 2018 19:49

Harlem Shuffler
So... it doesn’t look as if we’ll be seeing a new album this year - not that it was likely anyway.

Well the poor guy ... We shouldn't ask for that (even though they keep hinting at finishing it) ..

Poor soul .. Another movie .. Another major tour on the horizon ..

We should be angry that he is making the movie in place of all the family time he doesn't get and will be missing out on .. .. My guess is he hasn't spent any quality time .. or I'll go a step further probably hasn't even seen any of his family in months .. .. ......

We shouldn't be asking for a new album people (neither should Universal ..even though they paid a few mill for one) .. Like I said it's selfish .. we all know the guy has settled back and lives a very quiet non-public life these days .. ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-17 19:54 by IanBillen.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 17, 2018 20:29

Realize your post is dripping in sarcasm Ian, but honestly it comes across as kinda petty and.. selfish.
Attack Mick a lot, and for a lot, real or imagined, but I believe there's a line crossed when the speculation turns to his family or his parenting. By all accounts he's a great father and likely saw one of his offspring more recently than most.

Just my two cents, but the "We're entitled to new album" sentiment is nonsense, and I commend Mick for all the artistic endeavors and personal living he does.
Inspirational.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 17, 2018 21:46

I don't know, I sort of look forward to reading Ian's elder abuse posts. I like to think of him sending them back into the studio bruised, but having learned their lesson about what is and isn't acceptable to a true fan. It helps keep things real.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 17, 2018 22:04

Bumped this thread with some movie info...didn't realize it would turn into the album discussion thread.

That reply is to a post from 6 weeks ago, btw.

Date: October 17, 2018 22:42

Well thanks for sharing the set photo. Mick's movie performances run very much to extremes so we'll see where this one falls on the scale.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 17, 2018 22:55

Rocky Dijon
Well thanks for sharing the set photo. Mick's movie performances run very much to extremes so we'll see where this one falls on the scale.

Personally, I think Mick has shown more talent behind, rather than in front of the camera.
Performance being the exception: but as we know he had Brian and Keith to base Turner on.....and use their mannerisms.

Date: October 17, 2018 23:08

It's all subjective, but I think he's terrific in PERFORMANCE and THE MAN FROM ELYSIAN FIELDS. He was miscast as NED KELLY and is awful in FREEJACK. He was fine in BENT. I was sorry he didn't include "Streets of Berlin" on his solo anthology. RUNNING OUT OF LUCK is very hit and miss. Not much of a movie. Some good bits, but other times he and Jerry seem very uncomfortable playing themselves. It's best to think of it as music videos with linking scens than an actual movie I suppose.

As for behind the camera, BLAME IT ON THE NIGHT is interesting without actually being very good. An expensive way to explain his feelings to Karis at the time. I don't really have a sense of Mick in ENIGMA or the James Brown biopic other than thinking he invested in them and oversaw some creative and casting decisions.

Then of course there's THE KNIGHTS OF PROSPERITY where he was actually funny though the show was the usual sitcom definition of mediocre at best as often here in the States.

His brief bit for Eric Idle promoting the Python reunion shows was great and makes me wish Mick would attempt comedy with a proper writer. Most of his SNL sketches have been cringe-worthy. The Weekend Update where he played Keith being his best moment.

Date: October 17, 2018 23:16

As for why is Mick at 75 doing another movie? It's the same reason why he does projects like SUPERHEAVY. It keeps him in the public eye and may reach an audience that wouldn't otherwise have him on their radar. I suspect many of Mick's extracurricular activities are for the purpose of reaching outside the Stones circle in an attempt to broaden appeal and generate awareness.

Whether he succeeds in these efforts or not, I do believe he thinks they help keep him and the band vital and are helpful rather than hurtful. This, I suspect, is part of why his frustration with Keith's noise to the press about his non-Stones activities grew over the years because it served to hurt the band rather than help.

Never mind personal feelings, the whole todger remark going viral would have made him and the band ridiculous had they been on tour at the time. Sadly, the press likes Keith best when he gives them something bitchy about Mick to print. He's played that card as many times as he's played into their hands over the years. The remark about Mick being snipped being the most recent example of the latter. Old Habits Die Hard and Talk is indeed Cheap.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 17, 2018 23:22

The grass is always greener on the other side I guess. Celebrities in movies (outside actors guild) seldom works for me. Especially not rock stars. They kind of break the spell.
The only thing you think of is like "hey, that's Mick Jagger!". Which isn't a good thing when it comes to creating a character....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-17 23:24 by Stoneage.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: October 18, 2018 00:37

Keith has always spoken bad about Jagger.Probably jealousy and bitterness.And his hangarounds on this site believe every word coming from the master.Like Bill Wyman said about Life,more than half of it is not true.

Date: October 18, 2018 08:40

MisterDDDD
Realize your post is dripping in sarcasm Ian, but honestly it comes across as kinda petty and.. selfish.
Attack Mick a lot, and for a lot, real or imagined, but I believe there's a line crossed when the speculation turns to his family or his parenting. By all accounts he's a great father and likely saw one of his offspring more recently than most.

Just my two cents, but the "We're entitled to new album" sentiment is nonsense, and I commend Mick for all the artistic endeavors and personal living he does.
Inspirational.

He's been a great father .. I agree. Look ... IF he was a normal 74 year old dude next door who just wanted to sit around with the family and ride out into the later years quietly and with his family I would certainly get that.

Point is this .. his / their lack of consistency over four years on the album is ...errrm <not> due to the fact that he or the rest of The Stones want to concentrate on 'family time' or some quiet life in the suburbs planting rose gardens is my point Lol .. Every time I turn around they have got some project going on ...some Stones .. some not .... planned .. Every time I turn on the computer the guys in a different part of the world working on something or partying it up with some hot chick Lol.

Family time .. or want of family time .. age .. has nothing to do with no album in like 13 years. It is simply because they have neglected working on the album / an album ... a bit of laziness studio wise ... or have lacked focus on it ... that's all I'm saying.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-18 08:48 by IanBillen.

Date: October 18, 2018 08:55

Rocky Dijon
I don't know, I sort of look forward to reading Ian's elder abuse posts. I like to think of him sending them back into the studio bruised, but having learned their lesson about what is and isn't acceptable to a true fan. It helps keep things real.

Guy they took out a few million dollars .. been touring .. making movies... TV Shows .. museum exhibitions .. partying .. they do it all. Their life is more than likely faster paced than many of ours.

It isn't what is about acceptable .. Im not any of their Daddy's .. It is about a multimillion-dollar record contract .. it is about them posting and mentioning the album for three almost four years .. it is about them touring approaching Vegas routine style greatest hits shows ..

It's about 13 years with no album while a couple others their age have at least tripled their output in said time period. Ya ever hear folks crying that Paul McCartney should get more family time or did ya ever notice that when he talks about making an album he actually puts it out .. works on it.. finishes it ..you know.. that sort of thing. That is kinda what ya do as professional multimillion dollar musicians ... with multimillion-dollar record contracts for a new record .. They are the <only> ones who aren't over the last 13 years .. and it's making them appear lame .. (and Im not interested in any live shows ... I know what they do live.. I have not been interested in any live shows since .. well almost 2015 (though I went and saw them and they were great).

It has BEEN time for them to freshen the pot for years. You can think it's understandable and the norm .. I sure as hell don't. It's lame and BS and Im not going to make excuses for them like 3 out of four other people here.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-18 09:04 by IanBillen.

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: October 18, 2018 15:06

Mick's being spotted yesterday evening at La Colombetta Restaurant in Como and he's spending his time in Blevio, a tiny little village on the lake shores, since tuesday at 5 * resort Casta Diva. Sorry I'm not able to post pics.
ciao
m.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 18, 2018 18:13

Ristorante La Colombetta:

With A Myth! The great Mick Jagger
#mickjagger #rollingstones #lacolombetta

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 18, 2018 18:59

Thanks for the updates, I actually can’t wait to see the movie/ fascinating story done modern day,
and,
May Mick be easy riding along the sun drenched golden hills Italy—

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 18, 2018 19:35

This sounds interesting with a good plot that I think compliments Micks character and I have always liked Sir Micks acting . So I will anxiously await it's release and gladly see this in my local cinema house .

Date: October 18, 2018 23:44

What the @#$%& is Mick Jagger doing eating at a restaurant? Get in the studio and work, damn you, you lazy old @#$%&.

You're right, Ian, I do feel better now. Thanks.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 18, 2018 23:44

partnerincrime
Mick's being spotted yesterday evening at La Colombetta Restaurant in Como and he's spending his time in Blevio, a tiny little village on the lake shores, since tuesday at 5 * resort Casta Diva. Sorry I'm not able to post pics.
ciao
m.

What a lovely area to do the filming.
Lucky fella.
Perhaps a new song or two may come out of the experience?

Date: October 19, 2018 00:07

Rocky Dijon
What the @#$%& is Mick Jagger doing eating at a restaurant? Get in the studio and work, damn you, you lazy old @#$%&.

You're right, Ian, I do feel better now. Thanks.

He was moaning in the moonlight ... singing for his supper ..

.. that's the only way this warrants a pass grinning smiley

Date: October 19, 2018 01:03

Now that's more like it. We prefer Ian with a sense of humor. If the new album was crowd-funded, I'd be right there with you. Otherwise, I leave the outrage to Universal. At this stage, Don and Universal might prefer if they didn't have to deal with the Ego Twins as well. I don't know for certain, of course, but I suspect it's more a reluctance to let go of what will almost certainly be their final studio album of new material rather than laziness to actually work on finishing it. It may end up the same way, but I can at least empathize with wanting it to be the album they each think the band should be making.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 19, 2018 01:07

How tall are those women? 1,40 m?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 19, 2018 02:27

Micks standing on a loaf of high-tin soar-dough …..

ROCKMAN

Date: October 19, 2018 03:53

Make that half a loaf...

Date: October 19, 2018 05:14

crumby joke Bill …. but I did giggle ….

ROCKMAN

Date: October 19, 2018 05:31

There are precious few chances to reference that song in life. Beggars can't be choosers. Especially when you consider the paucity of the Golden Anniversary Banquet they served up for us.

Date: October 19, 2018 05:56

Yeah Bill … its a hard one to blend into the conversation ….

ROCKMAN

Date: October 19, 2018 16:25

bye bye johnny
10/16 tweet from Mick. Would guess he's in character.

[twitter.com]

I'm hoping he's in character. He looks like a Bond villain. In one of the bad Roger Moore films. He looks like Grace Jones could be his girlfriend and hired muscle and that he's about to spill the beans to 007 about his masterplan to de-magnetize all metal in the universe thereby making refrigerator magnets a thing of the past. Bond then convinces Jaws with the steel braces that it will ruin his sex life and the two team up to stop him in JAGGED THIGHS.

Date: October 19, 2018 19:18

Rocky Dijon
Now that's more like it. We prefer Ian with a sense of humor. If the new album was crowd-funded, I'd be right there with you. Otherwise, I leave the outrage to Universal. At this stage, Don and Universal might prefer if they didn't have to deal with the Ego Twins as well. I don't know for certain, of course, but I suspect it's more a reluctance to let go of what will almost certainly be their final studio album of new material rather than laziness to actually work on finishing it. It may end up the same way, but I can at least empathize with wanting it to be the album they each think the band should be making.

Yezzer ... Agreed on all accounts.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: October 20, 2018 02:05

35love
BowieStone
Variety Article

Mick Jagger Joins Heist Thriller ‘Burnt Orange Heresy’

Rolling Stones front man Mick Jagger has joined Claes Bang and Elizabeth Debicki in director Giuseppe Capotondi’s thriller “The Burnt Orange Heresy.”

Jagger will portray an English art dealer-collector and patron of Jerome Debney, the reclusive J.D. Salinger of the art world.

Set in present day Italy, “The Burnt Orange Heresy” centers on an art world scam that goes terribly wrong. Bang plays a beguiling art critic who begins a romance with an alluring American tourist, portrayed by Debicki. The new lovers travel to the lavish and opulent Lake Como estate that’s the home of Jagger’s character, who offers a seductive deal: in exchange for a career-transformative introduction to Debney, he must steal a new masterpiece from the artist’s studio.

“The Burnt Orange Heresy” is adapted by Scott B. Smith from the novel by Charles Willeford. Executive producers are Aeysha Walsh of MJZ and Stephanie Wilcox of Rumble Films. Producers are David Zander of MJZ, William Horberg of Wonderful Films and David Lancaster of Rumble Films. Production is set to start in Italy on Sept. 24.

The deal was announced Thursday, the opening day of the Toronto International Film Festival. Hanway International is handling sales. UTA Independent Film Group is managing the U.S. sale.

Jagger previously starred in 2001’s “The Man From Elysian Fields” alongside Andy Garcia, and also appeared in the 2008 film “The Bank Job.” He is represented by CAA

Sounds good!
So much for the new Stones LP.....the word "backburner' comes to mind....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 20, 2018 02:21

So I'm assuming work on the new album is being pushed back once again? No surprise really.
Seems Mick has other priorities, and the band/new Stones music isn't near the top of his list.

Oh well, there's always hope that Keith will release some new solo material. thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1316
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home