Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Mick Jagger Joins Heist Thriller ‘Burnt Orange Heresy’
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 6, 2018 23:58

Variety Article

Rolling Stones front man Mick Jagger has joined Claes Bang and Elizabeth Debicki in director Giuseppe Capotondi’s thriller “The Burnt Orange Heresy.”

Jagger will portray an English art dealer-collector and patron of Jerome Debney, the reclusive J.D. Salinger of the art world.

Set in present day Italy, “The Burnt Orange Heresy” centers on an art world scam that goes terribly wrong. Bang plays a beguiling art critic who begins a romance with an alluring American tourist, portrayed by Debicki. The new lovers travel to the lavish and opulent Lake Como estate that’s the home of Jagger’s character, who offers a seductive deal: in exchange for a career-transformative introduction to Debney, he must steal a new masterpiece from the artist’s studio.

“The Burnt Orange Heresy” is adapted by Scott B. Smith from the novel by Charles Willeford. Executive producers are Aeysha Walsh of MJZ and Stephanie Wilcox of Rumble Films. Producers are David Zander of MJZ, William Horberg of Wonderful Films and David Lancaster of Rumble Films. Production is set to start in Italy on Sept. 24.

The deal was announced Thursday, the opening day of the Toronto International Film Festival. Hanway International is handling sales. UTA Independent Film Group is managing the U.S. sale.

Jagger previously starred in 2001’s “The Man From Elysian Fields” alongside Andy Garcia, and also appeared in the 2008 film “The Bank Job.” He is represented by CAA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-07 00:04 by BowieStone.

Re: Mick Jagger Joins Heist Thriller ‘Burnt Orange Heresy’
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 7, 2018 00:23

BowieStone
Variety Article

Rolling Stones front man Mick Jagger has joined Claes Bang and Elizabeth Debicki in director Giuseppe Capotondi’s thriller “The Burnt Orange Heresy.”

Jagger will portray an English art dealer-collector and patron of Jerome Debney, the reclusive J.D. Salinger of the art world.

Set in present day Italy, “The Burnt Orange Heresy” centers on an art world scam that goes terribly wrong. Bang plays a beguiling art critic who begins a romance with an alluring American tourist, portrayed by Debicki. The new lovers travel to the lavish and opulent Lake Como estate that’s the home of Jagger’s character, who offers a seductive deal: in exchange for a career-transformative introduction to Debney, he must steal a new masterpiece from the artist’s studio.

“The Burnt Orange Heresy” is adapted by Scott B. Smith from the novel by Charles Willeford. Executive producers are Aeysha Walsh of MJZ and Stephanie Wilcox of Rumble Films. Producers are David Zander of MJZ, William Horberg of Wonderful Films and David Lancaster of Rumble Films. Production is set to start in Italy on Sept. 24.

The deal was announced Thursday, the opening day of the Toronto International Film Festival. Hanway International is handling sales. UTA Independent Film Group is managing the U.S. sale.

Jagger previously starred in 2001’s “The Man From Elysian Fields” alongside Andy Garcia, and also appeared in the 2008 film “The Bank Job.” He is represented by CAA

Sounds good!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 7, 2018 00:32

Sounds interesting …. I better read the book …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 7, 2018 00:37

BowieStone

Jagger will portray an English art dealer-collector and patron of Jerome Debney, the reclusive J.D. Salinger of the art world. who's not Mick Jagger.

Date: September 7, 2018 01:08

Rockman

It’s an out of print book! The prices just shot up on Amazon.
I managed a paperback for $9 plus ship. No electronic read available.
thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-07 01:10 by 35love.

Date: September 7, 2018 01:09

….. okay I only need one copy ….
just send me yours 35 ……..

ROCKMAN

Date: September 7, 2018 01:10

Rockman
….. okay I only need one copy ….
just send me yours 35 ……..
I will!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 7, 2018 01:38

FUN!! I love seeing Mick in movies... it is... FUN!!!

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: September 7, 2018 10:51

Leonioid
FUN!! I love seeing Mick in movies... it is... FUN!!!

Freejack was certainly fun(ny) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 7, 2018 15:31

There will be some differences between the book and the movie.
The 1st takes place in Florida, the movie in Italy

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: September 7, 2018 17:06

Rockman

I strongly recommend anything by its author, Charles Willeford.

Date: September 7, 2018 18:25

35love
Rockman

thumbs up

He's not that great of a writer. Not bad though. A modern detective-noir writer. I read several by him, can not recall if I read "Orange.."

I hope that Jagger finds a way to expand, or build on his limited acting experience. He basically has done the same role over and over ( forgetting about Freejack for a minute). There's always something slightly drag or gay; and above it all in his portrayals. I wonder if he could do someone really active and human, vulnerable and tangible.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 7, 2018 18:35

Very exciting news! IMO, Mick was fantastic in Performance, Freejack, and The Man From Elysian Fields. Equally thrilling to watch him as an actor as a rock star.

Drew

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 7, 2018 18:42

ryanpow
When I first saw this title I thought it meant that Mick was Joining the Trump Administration.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Heheh.

Date: September 8, 2018 00:36

Very exciting news! IMO, Mick was fantastic in Performance, Freejack, and The Man From Elysian Fields. Equally thrilling to watch him as an actor as a rock star.

Yeah drew so true ….. I've eased up a little now
but was watchin Performance over an over …. now I'm back to about once a week .. Truly Fascinating Stuff....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 8, 2018 04:44

Poor guy .. All these projects mandated on him (it is no wonder he and the band cannot find time to record an album) ..

There goes more of what little is left of his ..'family time'..

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 8, 2018 04:49

I know. The nerve. Doesn't Mick know he owes you an album????

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 8, 2018 04:51

drewmaster

Drew

I thought he was great in PERFORMANCE and THE MAN FROM ELYSIAN FIELDS. Not so impressive in NED KELLY or FREEJACK.

Mind you, the version of PERFORMANCE I have differs slightly from the one Rockman watches.

Date: September 8, 2018 05:56

Rocky Dijon
I know. The nerve. Doesn't Mick know he owes you an album????

Lol .. well he (they) keep telling us and even at this point via their social media teasing that one is one the way .. It's only been three years we've been hearing that from them (or 13 if you count their last original one).

Mick Jagger & The Stones don't technically owe me or the fans anything .. (however I'm a firm believer in one's word.. If ya keep saying you are working on an album and that one is going to be delivered .. it's only natural for a fan like or / anyone to expect one .. like SOME TIME ?? ). Technically speaking they don't owe me anything.. they do however owe Universal .... (remember that).
They certainly were fast enough in taking the dough for one a long while back .. Still aint seen or heard anything solid about it (officially)? They took at least a few million bucks for one a long while back and keep hinting at it .. so where is the F**r .. Still no sign of anything concrete is my point (and that's a fair angle).

My point wasn't any of the above.. my point is they have all the time (personal and family they want) and resources in the world .. they just choose to do all kinds of other things instead is my point. The reason for no album definitely isn't because an album would short them on 'family time' (or any other sort of time) was my point. I found that theory ridiculous with all things considered (I honestly don't even know who started that notion).

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-08 06:09 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 8, 2018 09:23

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-08 13:21 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 8, 2018 09:35

35love
Rockman

thumbs up

Lots of used copies available from abebooks.com

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: September 8, 2018 11:21

ryanpow
When I first saw this title I thought it meant that Mick was Joining the Trump Administration.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

LOL...good one. Secretary of The Blues??

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 8, 2018 14:24

The actual acting part of a movie is quick even the huge summer blockbusters only take the cast 4 to 6 weeks. It’s the post production, musical score, CGI effects etc which take the longest. Depending on how big his role is he may only be working for 2 weeks on it. If he is in the movie sporadically throughout they’ll just shoot all his scenes first. If the stones are hitting the studio this fall it shouldn’t mess with the schedule I would think

Date: September 9, 2018 00:56

Bashlets
The actual acting part of a movie is quick even the huge summer blockbusters only take the cast 4 to 6 weeks. It’s the post production, musical score, CGI effects etc which take the longest. Depending on how big his role is he may only be working for 2 weeks on it. If he is in the movie sporadically throughout they’ll just shoot all his scenes first. If the stones are hitting the studio this fall it shouldn’t mess with the schedule I would think

Yes .. they should be fine and I agree with your timeline. Still jus saying .. they sure have never been able to put the album endeavors first up in line now have they? Yeeesh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 00:57 by IanBillen.

Date: September 12, 2018 00:07

Paperback book ‘Burnt Orange Heresay’ arrived
on page 20
Excellent!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 1, 2018 08:57

So I just read the book, and hopefully the movie will be VERY loosely adapted from it, given that much of the plot was completely preposterous (and Jagger's character was in his 90s). I love this sort of stuff usually, but it's pretty obvious why this one's out of print.

At least moving the setting to Italy should make for some nice scenery!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 1, 2018 13:19

Well, Commander's dabble into film industry has never really been successful. I'm pretty sure this one won't be either. But it's his millions and he can do whatever he wants with them.
I'm convinced fans on this page would rather see him putting his effort into making a new album. But that is not the way Commander works. And I don't blame him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-01 14:30 by Stoneage.

Date: October 1, 2018 15:49

Donald Sutherland is joining the project...excellent!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 17, 2018 19:26

10/16 tweet from Mick. Would guess he's in character.

One way to avoid the traffic

[twitter.com]

Date: October 17, 2018 19:32

What a stud!

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home