Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick quote Tokyo 90 - What´s the meaning?
Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: September 6, 2018 23:27

[www.youtube.com]

Anyone know which is the meaning of the words Mick said before start the song?

Also we can hear it on Flashpoint.

TIA

Re: Mick quote Tokyo 90 - What´s the meaning?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 6, 2018 23:41

"Mada Mada Tsuzukuyo" -> The Show is far from over: [iorr.org] .

Mick says "(we're) still continuing (for a while)": [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-11 13:25 by Irix.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 6, 2018 23:47

Japanese Fish Markets

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: September 6, 2018 23:51

Thanks Irix!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 7, 2018 00:19

So sorry you no get mention in Some Girls

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: September 7, 2018 03:51

Irix
"Mada Mada Tuzukuyo" -> The Show is far from over: [iorr.org] .

Actually, the Japanese should be rendered "mada mada tzuzukuyo."

Date: September 7, 2018 03:55

Rockman
So sorry you no get mention in Some Girls

'Sorry you didn't get a mention in Some Girls' would've been just as funny and you wouldn't come off sounding like a racist POS.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: September 7, 2018 04:07

I think that comment by Mick means-"By 2018 all sense of humor will be totally dead and everyone is offended by everything from everyone all the time"...or something like that...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 7, 2018 20:51

diverseharmonics

I think that comment by Mick means-"By 2018 all sense of humor will be totally dead and everyone is offended by everything from everyone all the time"...or something like that...

Yeah, definitely sómething like that.

Swayed1967

a racist POS.

...and the word you were most probably looking for, would be stereotypingad worst.

Get your reproches straight, would you please?! Just for your ówn sake (pun intended!) - to prevent yourself from coming over like a complete ***, that is.

And what in the name of the church of the Sacred Bleeding Heart Of Jesus (located somewhere in Los Angeles, California) is a “POS” supposed to be???

I thought this was an international board, with plenty of non-natively English speaking people here...
So show some respect for thàt, while you're at it.
We’re not all ‘hoodies’, OK.

Always keen to learn, though... “POS”... hmmm...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 7, 2018 23:20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-10 10:30 by Irix.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: September 8, 2018 01:59

I watched the clip; is
it Lisa Fisher duetting with Mick?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: September 8, 2018 02:58

RoughJusticeOnYa
diverseharmonics

Swayed1967

a racist POS.

...and the word you were most probably looking for, would be stereotypingad worst.

Get your reproches straight, would you please?! Just for your ówn sake (pun intended!) - to prevent yourself from coming over like a complete ***, that is.

And what in the name of the church of the Sacred Bleeding Heart Of Jesus (located somewhere in Los Angeles, California) is a “POS” supposed to be???

I thought this was an international board, with plenty of non-natively English speaking people here...

I believe it means---piece of s%$#@t....nice guy eh?...Rockman didn't deserve that...yeesh

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 8, 2018 05:47

diverseharmonics
RoughJusticeOnYa
diverseharmonics

Swayed1967

a racist POS.

I believe it means---piece of s%$#@t....nice guy eh?...Rockman didn't deserve that...yeesh

thumbs up .. I thought it meant Point of sale.............confused smiley ..........spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ...........eye rolling smiley

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 8, 2018 07:00

Japanese girls just want to get funk all night.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 8, 2018 09:48

my indian girlfriend calls me a Kangaroo Bastard and her sisters laugh
It don't bother me at all …. its actually quite a compliment …. R XX

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-08 09:55 by Rockman.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: September 8, 2018 11:54

rollmops
I watched the clip; is
it Lisa Fisher duetting with Mick?
Rockandroll,
Mops
No, it's Cindy Mizelle. Lisa is the other female backup singer here.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 8, 2018 13:44

Rockman
my indian girlfriend calls me a Kangaroo Bastard and her sisters laugh
It don't bother me at all …. its actually quite a compliment …. R XX

And as for me spending formative years being called a Guailo (White ghost - in Hong Kong).......... I am broken.....confused smiley and the Welsh called sheep shaggers in England - we are all broken..........>grinning smiley<

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: September 8, 2018 15:22

Thank you Audun-eg. It didn't sound like Lisa.
When comparing Fisher with other female singers doing Gimme shelter live with the stones, Lisa's performances are so much more impressive. Lisa was a gem rocking among the stones.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 10, 2018 00:25

diverseharmonics

i don’t get it and it’s pissing me off.

Date: September 10, 2018 10:25

Irix
Swayed1967

Actually, the Japanese should be rendered "mada mada tzuzukuyo."

Umm, no .... you can simply check it via Google Translate:

tzuzukuyo = I will soak

tuzukuyo = I will continue

Atsu-y of Hot Stuff Japan should know it exactly: [wwr6.ucom.ne.jp] .

First, please allow me to apologize for a typo in my earlier post. I meant to write tsuzuku but typed the z by mistake. There is no tzu sound in Japanese (nor is there a tu sound).

Second, you're a fool! I don't need Google Translate to know that I'm right because I've been speaking Japanese for years. I repeat: there is no tu sound in Japanese. Now, in the old Romanization system for Japanese the word continue would indeed come out tuzuku but that was very misleading because a person unfamiliar with Japanese or that system would think the word is pronounced toozuku when in fact that's not possible. The new Hepburn system addressed this flaw as did I in my earlier post. Not that it's of any earth-shattering importance since I doubt many of you will have occasion to say continue in Japanese very often but I thought it was harmless enought to point out the error. Mick actually pronounces it correctly, btw.

Word to the wise: if you have absolutely no understanding of Japanese, which you clearly don't, you shouldn't be challenging people who do. And FYI the yo in tsuzukuyo is not part of the word - it's an emphatic particle which if not used correctly will make you look as ridiculous as you do on this thread.

Date: September 10, 2018 10:28

diverseharmonics

Or something like that. Was that you trying to be funny in 2018? I sent your response to the lab for traces of humor but the results came back negative, dude.
Or maybe you’re saying people should just chill out a little, stop being so sensitive and politically correct. Is that what you’re saying? Yeah OK. So in other words, it’s not the Australian geezer speaking in ching chong English who has the problem, the problem lies with the people who are offended by him.

Fair enough, I suppose. But when you hear someone mocking the English of a non-native speaker, do you bust a gut laughing and admire his cleverness?
I don’t. I don’t find him the least bit admirable. But I thought it was rather big of me to offer him advice on how he could reword his witticism and allow more people to laugh with him. Unfortunately I don’t expect him to take my advice. Perhaps if others like yourself urged him to change it might make a difference. I’ll tell you this much: Billy Joel didn’t write ‘Just The Way You Are’ about his love for an old Australian.

Date: September 10, 2018 10:32

RoughJusticeOnYa

POS - Purveyor of Stereotypes. Sorry, I thought it was obvious.
And in my experience people who find fun in racial stereotyping are usually racists…even if some of the their best friends are black.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 11, 2018 01:39

EddieByword
diverseharmonics
RoughJusticeOnYa
diverseharmonics

Swayed1967

a racist POS.

thumbs up .. I thought it meant Point of sale.............confused smiley ..........spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ...........eye rolling smiley

People On Steroids?

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 11, 2018 01:55

treaclefingers
People On Steroids?

thumbs up Good one. Iine in Japanese.smiling smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 11, 2018 10:49

Irix
"Mada Mada Tuzukuyo" -> The Show is far from over: [iorr.org] .

That is a very "relaxed" translation winking smiley
Tsuzuku means "to continue"
Mada means "still" or "yet", so in "mada mada" or "still still" it becomes "still for a while" or "for a while yet"
Yo is a kind of relaxed "finishing" word with no particular meaning, creating a relaxed mood in the spoken sentence.
Japanese versions of "we", "I", "you" are often not spoken in common Japanese.

So Mick says "(we're) still continuing (for a while)"

Yoroshiku smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2409
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home