Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - RIP Burt Reynolds
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 7, 2018 13:57

R.I.P. Burt was just on Conan a month or 2 back and he was talking about the making of Deliverance and how Burt found the guy in the woods that did the Assault on Ned Beatty and how the guy could not read and had to be feed the lines and on the day of shooting he even ad libbed some lines which the director kept all of his dialogue and Burt found this toothless unique mountaineer -pretty wild !

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 7, 2018 14:04

Yeah Greek … shit man I'd lurv ta watch that interview ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: September 7, 2018 15:19

gator was also a fav of mine,jerry reed played a bad guy and did it well, rip burt

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 8, 2018 07:23

crholmstrom
rock & roll church, circa 1980

[www.youtube.com]

OMG!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 8, 2018 07:33

MileHigh
crholmstrom
rock & roll church, circa 1980

[www.youtube.com]

OMG!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 8, 2018 10:44

Rockman
Yeah Greek … shit man I'd lurv ta watch that interview ...

Don't know if this is visible/watchable Down Under: Burt on Conan

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 8, 2018 21:35

Swayed1967
Wow, what an interminably long list!
Were you trying to honor the dead or annoy the living?

Quoting that whole list and adding two lines is definitely annoying the living smoking smiley

Date: September 9, 2018 00:12

AMC theaters in the US is going to show "Smokey & the Bandit" on over 200 screens for 9 days. Ticket prices will be under $5.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 9, 2018 02:24

crholmstrom
AMC theaters in the US is going to show "Smokey & the Bandit" on over 200 screens for 9 days. Ticket prices will be under $5.

THAT is fkg AWESOME!! I will go see that on the big screen for sure.
It is actually worthy of the big screen.. and for 5 bucks? BARGAIN!!

I AM EASTBOUND AND DOWN FOR THIS!! [variety.com]

AMC Theatres is bringing back Burt Reynolds’ 1977 comedy “Smokey and the Bandit” for a nine-day run as a tribute to the late actor, who died on Thursday.

The chain announced Friday that the movie will play at 240 AMC locations from Sept. 12 to Sept. 20 with a $5 ticket price (or lower depending on the theater). Showtimes and tickets should be on sale at participating locations by the end of the weekend.

Reynolds portrayed Bo “Bandit” Darville, who partners with Jerry Reed’s character, Cledus Snow, to haul 400 cases of bootleg Coors beer from Texarkana, Texas, back to Atlanta in 28 hours in order to collect $80,000. “Smokey and the Bandit” also starred Sally Field as a runaway bride picked up by Reynolds, Jackie Gleason, Pat McCormick, Paul Williams, and Mike Henry. Field’s character complicates matters because she has ditched the son of Texas Sheriff Buford T. Justice, played with gusto by Gleason as he relentlessly pursues Reynolds and Field to Georgia.

The film, the directorial debut of stuntman Hal Needham, contained a multitude of high-speed chases and crashes featuring Reynolds driving a black Pontiac Trans-Am. Made for a budget of $4 million, “Smokey and the Bandit” was one of the most successful movies in Reynolds’ career with a total domestic gross of $126 million for Universal. The characters returned for sequels in 1980 and 1983, though Reynolds had only a cameo in the third film.

Date: September 9, 2018 02:38

Man... they could/SHOULD do this for 5-6+ of his movies and people would go...
For 5bucks? on the big big screen? I would go see Deliverance, a cool double feature of Gator and White lightning, the longest yard, Hooper, The Cannonball run and even Stroker Ace. It would be hellafun to see those MOVIES UNedited for TV on the big screen with big sound... BIG FUN!

If the movies wants to get me back they should do more of this... bring back good movies. Same with late night talk shows... I would rather only watch the real deal quality of Johnny Carson re-runs than never any of the packaged propaganda pitching POS that are on today. I have not watched any late night talk show since I gave them all a fair try and they all failed... same with most movies today. I rarely pay to go see movies on the big screen these days because it is mostly crap... e.g. mostly super hero movies...

The could/should start doing (special weekday matinees when it is dead) showing big screen specials of the GREAT classic movies which deserve a big screen. Maybe pick an actor/actress of the month and show some of their BIG classics which are better on the BIG screen. Some movies are just not made for a samll screen... e.g. Dr Zhivago.

But they could pick some Clint Eastwood movies... or the cool Newman/Redford movies or... any of the movies from back when movies were good.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 02:46 by Leonioid.

Date: September 9, 2018 03:37

Leonioid
Man... they could/SHOULD do this for 5-6+ of his movies and people would go...
For 5bucks? on the big big screen? I would go see Deliverance, a cool double feature of Gator and White lightning, the longest yard, Hooper, The Cannonball run and even Stroker Ace. It would be hellafun to see those MOVIES UNedited for TV on the big screen with big sound... BIG FUN!

If the movies wants to get me back they should do more of this... bring back good movies. Same with late night talk shows... I would rather only watch the real deal quality of Johnny Carson re-runs than never any of the packaged propaganda pitching POS that are on today. I have not watched any late night talk show since I gave them all a fair try and they all failed... same with most movies today. I rarely pay to go see movies on the big screen these days because it is mostly crap... e.g. mostly super hero movies...

The could/should start doing (special weekday matinees when it is dead) showing big screen specials of the GREAT classic movies which deserve a big screen. Maybe pick an actor/actress of the month and show some of their BIG classics which are better on the BIG screen. Some movies are just not made for a samll screen... e.g. Dr Zhivago.

But they could pick some Clint Eastwood movies... or the cool Newman/Redford movies or... any of the movies from back when movies were good.

they are having a big screen 70mm festival at the cinerama in seattle. 1960s vintage theater that has a huge screen. the theater has been lovingly restored by paul allen & is the best in the city. i saw a 70mm screening of Lawrence of Arabia several years ago there & it was amazing. such a great film. some of the highlights this year are Vertigo, the new 2001 restoration & Lawrence again. There is some other good stuff too. modern & classic.

[cinerama.com]

Date: September 9, 2018 05:29

crholmstrom
Leonioid
Man... they could/SHOULD do this .... Some movies are just not made for a samll screen... e.g. Dr Zhivago.

they are having a big screen 70mm festival at the cinerama in seattle. 1960s vintage theater that has a huge screen. the theater has been lovingly restored by paul allen & is the best in the city. i saw a 70mm screening of Lawrence of Arabia several years ago there & it was amazing. such a great film. some of the highlights this year are Vertigo, the new 2001 restoration & Lawrence again. There is some other good stuff too. modern & classic.

[cinerama.com]
thumbs up
That is such a good idea and it has to be super profitable to show old films even at 5 bucks a ticket (especially when theaters whine so much they make more on drinks and popcorn than they do the new movies they show these days.

Some movies like Lawrence of Arabia are not as good on small screens... they are still very good... but not as good. They were filmed (FILMED WITH FILM) in large format to be shown on huge screens. I would go to a movie a week (like I used to in the old days) if they started doing this with great movies from my young days like 2001, High Plains Drifter, Patton, Blade Runner, Big Trouble in Little China, The Poseidon Adventure, Deliverance, Easy Rider, Close Encounters, Earth Quake, Predator, Terminator, All of Clint and Sergios Spaghetti Westerns, Airport, Air Heads, Con Air, Independence Day, Woodstock, Far and Away, Jaws, Apocalypse Now, Brave Heart, ALL of the King Kong movies, ALL of The Indiana Jones movies, Drive Angry in 3D, Saving Private Ryan, Most of the Dirty Harry movies, The Towering Inferno, Wizards, Heavy Metal, Ladies and Gentleman... and so many more BIG MOVIES THAT DESERVE TO BE SHOWN ON THE BIG SCREEN!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 05:55 by Leonioid.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: September 9, 2018 06:10

To this day I still laugh out loud to that scene in The Longest Yard when Reynolds is looking at Bernadette Peters hair and asks her..."Ever find any spiders in it?" {

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 06:12 by ThePaleRider.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2145
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home