Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger backing national cricket charity Chance to Shine
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 6, 2018 01:36

Chance to Shine can get satisfaction, thanks to support from Sir Mick Jagger and the England and India Cricket Teams

Rock and roll legend Mick Jagger has given his backing to national cricket charity Chance to Shine, helping the organisation to provide more young people with the opportunity to play and learn through cricket.

During the final Specsavers Test Match between England and India at the Kia Oval (7-11 September), Jagger has pledged to back the players on both teams to the tune of £20,000 each time one of them scores a hundred or takes five wickets and £10,000 if they score a fifty or take three wickets.

Jagger, whose father was a cricket fan and PE teacher, is a long-time supporter of the game and of Chance to Shine’s work. Since 2005, the charity has given more than four million children in over 15,000 state schools across the country the opportunity to play cricket. In addition, the Chance to Shine Street programme brings the game to thousands of young people in the most deprived urban areas of England. ‘Street’ uses the sport to increase aspiration, promote social cohesion and create opportunities in many diverse communities..

Mick said, “I follow England - the game in general, in fact - from wherever I am in the world and thought this would be a fun way to make some money for Chance to Shine. It’s been an exciting series that has got people talking cricket so let’s reflect that; with every inspiring performance comes a new fan and the younger those fans are, the better it is for cricket’s future.” He added, “No pressure on either Joe Root’s guys or Virat Kohli’s - though the bigger they go at the Oval the better!”

Laura Cordingley, Chance to Shine Chief Executive, said, “We are so delighted that Sir Mick will be supporting Chance to Shine during the final Test. I’m sure that the players from both sides will do us proud, while also helping to raise truly significant funding for Chance to Shine.”

Chance to Shine is encouraging cricket-loving fans to follow Sir Mick’s lead and give £20 for a century or five-wicket haul and £10 for a 50 or three wickets. All donations will be matched pound for pound by England & Wales Cricket Board until 30 September. Donations can be made at chancetoshine.org/donate.

[www.chancetoshine.org]

Re: Mick Jagger backing national cricket charity Chance to Shine
Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: September 6, 2018 02:05

Marvellous gesture. I will be at the Oval on Saturday and will hopefully bump into Mick!

It will be the smallest crowd that I’ve ever seen him in!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 6, 2018 02:11

Nice :-).

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 7, 2018 21:30

More crickets news:

Rolling Stones release new cricket bat

September 7, 2018

Gray-Nicolls have announced an exclusive collaboration with The Rolling Stones to produce a limited-edition range of cricket bats featuring the band’s iconic ‘Jagger Lips’ logo.

The range will be stocked by Pro: Direct Cricket.

The one-off collection features two premier Gray-Nicolls bats, the first being the ‘Legend’ bat made from grade 1 English willow, the premium 1 per cent of available willow.

The ‘Players’ bat offers a combination of traditional, clean looks and a big swell.

Only 25 of each bat will be made.

The collection was first unveiled to the band during the No Filter European Tour. It was presented by commentator and Rolling Stones fan David ‘Bumble’ Lloyd at the Manchester leg of the tour.

The Rolling Stones are known for their love for cricket. Singer Mick Jagger and drummer Charlie Watts have been prominent enthusiasts over the years and can still be regularly spotted at games all over the world.

The exclusive Gray-Nicolls and Rolling Stones range is available through ProDirectCricket.com now.

[www.wisden.com]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 7, 2018 23:07

bye bye johnny
More crickets news:

One Hit (To The Boundary)!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 7, 2018 23:32

Mick at today's cricket test:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 8, 2018 00:24

Wow thanks Johnny for today’s (!) pics of Mick it makes me smile ~

I know there’s Sticky wicket jokes but I’m not making them.
Wonderful to see the trait of kids ongoing exercise and health keep moving me tooxxoo

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 8, 2018 00:42

HHheeeeHHH …. Keef shoulders slightly hunched looks like he's hangin on for his life … bat and hand...Hhaaaa LBW....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 8, 2018 02:03

Rockman
HHheeeeHHH …. Keef shoulders slightly hunched looks like he's hangin on for his life … bat and hand...Hhaaaa LBW....

He's avoiding "Bumbles" protrusion, It's been displaced since 1975

[www.youtube.com] at timestamp 6:23

Date: September 8, 2018 02:25

BTW Those bats are 1,500 pounds, come in flight case and are "NOT" Autographed, there are only ten available at pro-direct

However there is a lesser grade willow version which is 425 pounds and doesn't appear to be limited in quantity.

I might get away with that one, but an un-autographed 1,500 quid cricket bat, i'd get clobbered with it

We have a exchange rate of 0.51 with England so $2,964 plus shipping and insurance, probably custom duties i'd be at $3,500 and divorced.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 8, 2018 03:19

bye bye johnny
More crickets news:

Gray-Nicolls X Rolling Stones X Pro Direct Cricket

Mick Jagger to offer 10 pounds who will score century and take 5 wickets in oval
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: September 7, 2018 11:10

Mick Jagger will offer 10 pounds to who scores century and take 5 wickets in oval. I feel Alistair cook will score century

Re: Mick Jagger to offer 10 pounds who will score century and take 5 wickets in oval
Date: September 7, 2018 11:17

confused smiley

Re: Mick Jagger to offer 10 pounds who will score century and take 5 wickets in oval
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: September 7, 2018 11:56

[www.dailymail.co.uk] It’s a charity he’s donating to , he donates tens of thousands and encourages the public to donate £10

Date: September 7, 2018 12:01

Ah! Not too familiar with cricket and the expressions in the sport grinning smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 7, 2018 12:49

Kohli will score a ton & (hopefully) Curran will bag a Pfeiffer

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 7, 2018 12:51

DandelionPowderman
Ah! Not too familiar with cricket and the expressions in the sport grinning smiley

Couldn't resist..................grinning smiley

CRICKET: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Date: September 7, 2018 13:03

LOL! grinning smiley

Date: September 7, 2018 13:26

Brother... achieve this and you get your name on the board.

Mick's $ money is not required..

Crickets tradition

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 7, 2018 13:27

EddieByword

..;the in's & out's of it, so to speak. smoking smiley

Date: September 7, 2018 15:53

More cricket news...

[www.wisden.com]

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 7, 2018 15:54

Well I'm English and I've never quite "got" cricket either. But I know Mick loves it

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 7, 2018 16:04

Get your pads on Keith, we need you at number 2 !!!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 7, 2018 16:27

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 7, 2018 20:35

exhpart
Well I'm English and I've never quite "got" cricket either. But I know Mick loves it

Isn't Baseball similar? Or rounders?
Or perhaps cricket is a lot more complex.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 7, 2018 21:07

Since the English are not very spiritually minded, God invented cricket to help them understand the idea of eternity...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 7, 2018 21:54

Mick has been at the Oval watching the match today - just shown on TV.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 7, 2018 23:04

EddieByword
DandelionPowderman

Couldn't resist..................grinning smiley

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!
PERFECT!

I finally understand to game... except one part...

When the kerflaggen has a high schlef, and the gruf is waved off, why does that mean the tergel is plomped?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-07 23:06 by Leonioid.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 7, 2018 23:45

Leonioid

When the kerflaggen has a high schlef, and the gruf is waved off, why does that mean the tergel is plomped?

Didn't they change the rule on grufs a while back?

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 8, 2018 04:55

schillid
Leonioid

Didn't they change the rule on grufs a while back?

They may have, but ever since my fax machine broke a while back I have not had any rule updates. I need to fix that thing... hit it on the side... or take it to the fax machine repair store... add some paper... or something.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home