Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: How's your summer been
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 4, 2018 17:51

Mine was good what with all the heat waves.But last week things came to a halt. I heard that a lady I know has stage three cancer.Shes taking chemo but a bit late.Im very sad. She loves the Stones. I feel for her boyfriend. They just bought a house a few years back. Everything seemed to be going great now this. Please everyone enjoy each day to the fullest and tell your friends you love them as you never know what life brings and give them a hug.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-04 17:56 by babyblue.

Re: OT: How's your summer been
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 4, 2018 22:36

stuff like this always puts things in perspective.

ive had a tough 2 years but theres far more people worse off than myself, so im grateful for what i have.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 4, 2018 23:12

its been pretty brutal. health issues. it's been coming for years but this spring/summer the stuff has hit the fan. the latest is a shingles relapse. yay! advice: if you ever had chicken pox, get the shingles vaccine. once you get shingles, you can relapse at any time. its miserable. of course it hit on a holiday weekend. hopefully i got the meds in time.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 4, 2018 23:39

When you reach a certain age, or develop a real maturity, you begin to realize that life can change in a heartbeat. Best wishes to all.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 5, 2018 00:09

Summer not quite here yet …. Health good ….
Heart beating like a rockin' machine
Blood pressure 120 over 70 ….. sliced the top offa me
left thumb but it's healing fine …..no complaints... hopin to get to room 21 soon ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 5, 2018 00:43

steffialicia
When you reach a certain age, or develop a real maturity, you begin to realize that life can change in a heartbeat. Best wishes to all.

Never a truer word said. Life is fragile and we’re all here for a visit. Just enjoy the visit while it lasts.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: September 5, 2018 01:11

Summer has flown by all too quickly! I do, however, love autumn. Some of you have referred to your health. I am SO grateful for, at age 68, excellent health. But, I work hard to stay healthy, working out an hour each day and not overdoing it on the unhealthy foods. I just came home from 12 days in Africa and I am thankful that there was not one moment of illness in any way. I own a business, run a non-profit (NGO), and have been married to the same wonderful woman for 42 years. She is not a fan of the Stones but we have somehow made it work! I remain thankful to God for all these things. Once you are kind of pushing 70, anything can happen, so I am blessed.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 5, 2018 01:17

...please, don't get me started...

Date: September 5, 2018 01:27

But But Allan ….. We cant leave ya there layin' on the ground …….

ROCKMAN

Date: September 5, 2018 01:31

….. get up Al …. there's a new Stones album acomin' …. warm ya stereo up

ROCKMAN

Date: September 5, 2018 02:49

Everything was fantastic for me! School started up for me and i've been getting into that as of late, but still my summer was wonderful. My heart goes out to those who didn't get to have a fun time though and I really hope things get better for all fellow Stones fans!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 5, 2018 05:19

totally sucks but havin' a BALL ! whoooo we rockin boy....
whoa boy, ride 'em hoppy, ride that bastids down boy...
well alright

hott townn summah in the citayy
bakka mah neck gettin' something someting,
oh yeah....summa in the cimma summah in de summaaa
too crowd edd to crowd edd too crowdeddd (honkt honkin' it,man)
hoppy love summery. It don't really kick on in, till november for him,,
sssshhh

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 5, 2018 05:39

For the most part, it's been a splendid summer.

Lost a very dear friend in May who was battling cancer, but being the wise soul he was, his last words from his last interview were:

“Well, I’ve done all I can here. I’m ready to move on and start on my next gig.”

And away he went....

© 2012 Anuchit Sundarakiti

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 5, 2018 08:22

We had to let our dog go cross the Rainbow Bridge last Wednesday. 14 years old and he succumbed to cancer. He was a lovely boy and a fighter to the end. He has supported my wife during her current cancer treatments, still ongoing. The chemo affects are really tough going for her. Our dog, always riding in the car with us to the hospital. No matter how bad he felt. But last week he gave me that look - “I can’t make this last car ride.” But man did he make the effort every time prior. Dogs do know. Missed sadly.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-05 08:44 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: September 5, 2018 10:00

KingmanBarstow
We had to let our dog go cross the Rainbow Bridge last Wednesday. 14 years old and he succumbed to cancer. He was a lovely boy and a fighter to the end. He has supported my wife during her current cancer treatments, still ongoing. The chemo affects are really tough going for her. Our dog, always riding in the car with us to the hospital. No matter how bad he felt. But last week he gave me that look - “I can’t make this last car ride.” But man did he make the effort every time prior. Dogs do know. Missed sadly.

My heart goes out to you and yours. As the proud owner of two 14 year old Cocker Spaniels I dread the day when I have to say goodbye to them. He’s always with you as you and your wife fight that battle. I wish you both well.

Date: September 5, 2018 12:42

Thanks for the kind thoughts Scooby. He was a Cocker Spaniel also.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 5, 2018 20:34

Rockman
….. get up Al …. there's a new Stones album acomin' …. warm ya stereo up

....waiting for that.....and Confessin' The Blues....

Date: September 5, 2018 21:05

Please keep on track to my thread.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 5, 2018 21:09

My summer has been wonderful...very fortunate here.
Love to you, babyblue

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 5, 2018 21:58

KingmanBarstow

prayers for your wife. as someone who has to do chemo every 4 months i totally understand how hard it can be. everytime i do it, i ask myself if its worth it. i'm getting a drug that's mainly for leukemia but they use it for RA in dire circumstances. that's where i'm at. kind of the end of the road as far as what is available now. i keep fighting but the stuff has hit the fan this year. i've been fighting for near 10 years. am still working but i think that is going to end soon. just can't hack a full work week all the time. i'm off right now because i had a shingles flare up that's giving me vertigo amongst other things. got the shingles as a side effect of an earlier RA drug. it's endless. anyway, best to you & your family.

Date: September 6, 2018 05:57

Thanks to all who posted on my thread.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-06 08:36 by babyblue.

Date: September 6, 2018 06:44

Crholmstrom. Thanks for your best wishes. Can’t believe what you are going through and then shingles to add on to everything else. We both had a shingles shot several years ago, now I understand that we both need to get the other one which will be next month. I’ll be on top of that for sure. Very best wishes to you and yours.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 6, 2018 13:10

A big fat zero , if this was baseball I would be batting .000

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 6, 2018 14:05

KingmanBarstow

So very sorry for you on the loss of your wonderful boy. They are pure love, which makes it so very heartbreaking to let them go. I send all best wishes to you and your wife during her ongoing treatments.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: September 6, 2018 14:18

Summer here in the north east of the U.S.has ben hot,but I love it,my Wife and I are i are good,she is 66 I am 60,we bike, go for walk's,a afternoon gin and tonic,only one, then I turn up the tune's and rock out.one love.Eric

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home