Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Andrew Oldham Sounds and Vision Podcast
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 4, 2018 04:45

"Sounds & Vision is a brand new podcast from Andrew Loog Oldham, the original manager and producer of the Rolling Stones and founder of Immediate Records, and lead DJ on the Little Steven’s Underground Garage channel on Sirius XM.

Each episode, Andrew will be chatting with someone who has been part of his life’s journey. The conversations will be masterclasses with filmmakers, advertising gurus, photographers, and of course, rock n’ rollers. Episodes will be shared the first and third Wednesdays of each month.

We’ll start soon. Follow Andrew on social media for news about upcoming guests."

[soundsandvision.net]

SOUNDS & VISION - interview with Andrew Loog Oldham on his upcoming new podchat

Written by Carl Stanley

As well as the radio and internet, Andrew, there's your writing too. Stoned & 2Stoned were both critically acclaimed releases featuring some quite wonderful, and at times brutally honest thoughts, memories and points of view. Together with your other releases like 'Stone Free' and 'Rolling Stoned' which looked back at the whole movement behind the Stones and your other moves within the music world like 'Immediate Records' these are books which were very well received ... can you see yourself ever writing more?

Andrew: I'm just finishing my latest, AFTERMATH. Same onion, same players, different peel. 20 years on from my first books. 50 years on from the events and the players. Remember that it's only 56 years since a drummer from Liverpool named Ringo thought he might do well enough in this game to set his wife up with a hairdressing salon.

Full interview here: [www.zani.co.uk]

Re: Andrew Oldham Sounds and Vision Podcast
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 4, 2018 16:04

Excellent news. I recently came across via the internet an interview he did with British actor Terence Stamp. Fairly short but nonetheless very interesting.
Hope to be able to access the Podcast.
Wonder if he will interview any Stones or the wide list of people who have been involved with them?
We certainly won't get A Mick Jagger interview though!

Good to hear of his next book also. His others have been first rate, albeit a bit selective with the facts.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 1, 2018 16:27

The two first episodes (Mick Rock and Rob Schwartz) can be listened on the apps listed below:

Spotify

iTunes

Overcast

Stitcher

TuneIn

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 1, 2018 17:41

I picked this up while searching music podcasts for interesting listens. So far it's enjoyable. I hope he's successful with the show and continues with it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 2, 2018 00:49

ALO always great to read his interviews etc
Hope he can lure Mick and Keith in for a chat ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 4, 2018 14:39

Rockman
ALO always great to read his interviews etc
Hope he can lure Mick and Keith in for a chat ……

I doubt it!
Keith perhaps, if he has some product to promote.
Mick: No way.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 5, 2018 00:19

OOOwwww yeah …. know its a tuff one but just never know …….

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home