Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who's the biggest @#$%& fan?
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 30, 2005 09:11

Now that he have most approachable and least approachable about of the way... I am sure rock stars talk amongst themselves the same way about all the @#$%& fans they have encounted. Who here is the biggest @#$%& when they encounter a rock star or celebrity? I will share two stories when I acted like an @#$%& in the presence of a celebrity. Once I was browsing Virgin Megastore, and Tom Petersson of Cheap Trick (one of my fave bands) was there. I yelled out "HI TOM!" and he jumped like I lit a firecracker. Then I asked when the next LA show is and he mumbled "nothing is planned." That was about it but my friend was even a bigger @#$%& because he followed Tom all over the store to see what CDs he was looking at.

Another time I had a nice floor seat at a concert at the Forum. Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed were there in the seats right next to me. The seat was in the front row of the second floor section with a wide aisle. I moved a bit closer like a few feet ahead of my seat so people walking in the aisle would have to walk behind me because I was recording the show. An usher told me to go back to my seat. So backed up and stepped right on Shannon Tweed's feet. I was embarrased and mumbled an apology. Later on, I almost wished I had a foot fetish so I could brag about a celebrity sexual encounter but somehow I turned out normal.

Re: Who's the biggest @#$%& fan?
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 30, 2005 09:37

I think I may be in the running..LOL

After one too many drinks, I had the opportunity to meet AC/DC after a show. I was asked quietly to leave by a band assistant after complaining to Phil Rudd personally about his drumming on the Stiff Upper Lip record. I was telling him "what I would have done" to make one of the tracks come to life more. At least I met Angus and Malcolm. Phil does not like constructive critisism.

Got into a brief but funny argument with Edward Van Halen last year. He flat out refused to sign one of my Van Halen LP covers and asked me if I had any of the newly Warner Brothers re-issued and remastered CD's and if I did, he would gladly sign all of them. Since I did not have any or any on me at the time..he did not sign my one item. He then starts to argue with me on the street about why I don't own them and the only thing I could really think at the time to say was "Ed, I already have the original CD's and they sound fine, do you want my ATM PIN too!, C'mon sign my album" He did however hand me one of his customized guitar picks, but still would not sign. Maybe he saw the David Lee signature on it?

Also, artists give you an evil look when you hand them a few albums and CD's and you say "Can you sign my crap?" and they look at you strange and then say "Sorry, can you sign my crap...please?" You save those comments for the Rib Festival circut bands (Kansas, Styx featuring Tommy Shaw, Molly Hatchet, Mickey Thomas's salute to Starship, etc)

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 30, 2005 09:41

I came to a (once) semifamous female rockstar´s pad
& lost all prepositions bein piss piss drunk.
Last I knew was Twist & Shout (this was 85 or so)
and me goin full-front-attack, to fast, too much... Embarassing?
Maybe smiling smiley

Date: September 30, 2005 10:39

Englebert Humperdink; that pratt gave me the clap!!!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: September 30, 2005 11:57

At least it was after the lovin'

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 30, 2005 13:58

In 1995 at the Amstel in Amsterdam. Charlie and Shirley appeared at the top of the road. I walked up said hello and put my arm round Charlies shoulders and walked him to the steps of the hotel. Shirley was smiling but it was a bloody cheek. Funny thing is no one else approached Charlie until I took my arm off his shoulders and walked away and then they crowded in to get autographs, suppose they thought I was security or something similar.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 30, 2005 14:49

i can't believe anyone would try and tell Phil Rudd how to play the drums. but that's what booze does to you i suppose. you think what your saying is interesting and relevant

in my young teens i once had a fad on an American metal band called Malice. anyway they came over to the UK to support Slayer on tour (a bad musical match if u ask me but that's neither here or there)

at the gig (Birmingham Odeon), i hung around all afternoon outside the loading bay with my records waiting for Malice to come out and sign em. eventually a big, gormless looking @#$%& with a laminate on and horrible grimey grey sweatpants shuffled out the door. i thought, great here's a roadie he'll tell me if the band are here or not. so i went over and asked him if any of Malice had turned up yet as i was a BIG fan and desperate for their autographs. without batting an eyelid he said 'i'm the @#$%& bass player'

never did like em after that

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 30, 2005 14:59

The GR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In 1995 at the Amstel in Amsterdam. Charlie and
> Shirley appeared at the top of the road. I walked
> up said hello and put my arm round Charlies
> shoulders and walked him to the steps of the
> hotel. Shirley was smiling but it was a bloody
> cheek. Funny thing is no one else approached
> Charlie until I took my arm off his shoulders and
> walked away and then they crowded in to get
> autographs, suppose they thought I was security or
> something similar.

LOL...yep, I was there and remember it well.

Charlie & Shirley got out of the car across from the hotel, there was no security at all and there was this pause for a few seconds because no one could believe it was so easy to go up to him until you showed some initiative (or cheek!). I was so dumbstruck that I forgot to ask him for an autograph, although I took a couple of photos.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 30, 2005 16:38

Dylan who didn't even look when I watched him leaving Horsens Ny Teater when he played in Horsens. I yelled "Hey Dylan, can I have your autograph". I got nothing. Not even a look. What a @#$%&. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 30, 2005 16:51

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> I came to a (once) semifamous female rockstar´s
> pad
> & lost all prepositions bein piss piss drunk.
> Last I knew was Twist & Shout (this was 85 or
> so)
> and me goin full-front-attack, to fast, too
> much... Embarassing?
> Maybe

Baboon you're talkin' in riddles, I don't get it.
can you explain it for a dumb-ass?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 30, 2005 17:32

I always get embarrassed when I think about how I acted in front of Anita.

It was in NYC in the upper section of the Academy, I think Lenny Kravitz was playing. Anita was sitting with Victor Bokris, and as it turns out, just the week before, I had been at a dinner with him, and he was seated across from me (his Keith book had just come out).

Since I'm a HUGE Anita fan, I thought it would be a great way to meet her, by being introduced, and not by walking up to her, ya know. But Victor and I just talked for a few about the next book he was writing and the bastard didn't introduce me, even though she listened to the whole conversation. So that chance got away from me.

I knew I would never get another chance to see her, so I watched her from across the room, and then when she got up, I left in the other direction so that I could get to the bathroom before her, which is exactly what happened. I wanted it to look accidental, but I don't think it did. And I said something stupid like "I think you're the coolest person ever". She didn't know what to say, and I felt like a total loser, which I was, for acting like that. One of the only few times in my life I was completely star struck. How embarrassing. My stomach still turns when I think of it. VERY UNCOOL!!!!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 30, 2005 17:37

Eddie Van Halen seems like a bit of an @#$%& when it comes to signing. He seems like a really nice guy, but I guess he really doesn't want to sign anything related to David Lee Roth.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 30, 2005 17:58

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> Dylan who didn't even look when I watched him
> leaving Horsens Ny Teater when he played in
> Horsens. I yelled "Hey Dylan, can I have your
> autograph". I got nothing. Not even a look. What a
> @#$%&.
>

i love dylans work...but me thinks he's a bit on the "paranoid" side...as for a-hole fans...how about the jerk who used to dig through dylans garbage cans when zimmy lived in ny...caused all kinds of grief for dylan and his family

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 30, 2005 18:00

i vote for the nutter who stabbed monica seles.

Date: September 30, 2005 18:03

J.J.Flash Wrote:
> i vote for the nutter who stabbed monica seles.

what about the kook who shot John Lennon...he's high up on the list...best wishes

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 30, 2005 20:25

We were in the front row for Steve Earle right after he had gotten out of prison. He had put on about a hundred pounds. We thought he was a roadie on the stage until we recognized him. I said, "Damn, look how fat he is!". My friend said, "Major poundage!". He heard us and was pissed all night. Later, we were yelling for "Devil's Right Hand" when he told us he was going to play his setlist whether we liked it or not. Finally, he was giving a sermon about the death penalty before "Ellis Unit One" and asked for sympathy for the murderers. I said, "What about the victims?". He was pissed and said "Yeah, them too."

By the way, I'm a big fan of Steve's and felt like an anus after the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-30 20:50 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 30, 2005 20:50

Leonard Keringer Wrote:

> what about the kook who shot John Lennon...he's
> high up on the list...best wishes

Mark David Chapman, and the person or persons unknown who shot Tupac or Biggie Smalls.

With fans like that who needs bandmates?

When I think of the Stones, aside from the Angels of Altamont, I think of the idiot in the Hampton concert who runs into Keith's axe (Keith almost chops him down).

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 30, 2005 20:53

A few years ago, when John Mellencamp was playing some free shows with just Toby and a fiddle player, some jerk kept yelling "Hey, Cougar" at him (at Centennial Park in Atlanta). John was not amused.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 30, 2005 21:08

Front of stage in Gothenburg 1990, Mick is standing about 3 meters from me, it´s in between songs. So I yell: C*CKSUCKER BLUES!!!! He lower his mic, and mutters "Yeah, why don´t you come up here and sing it?"
Made me feel good, and I shouted it at every Stonesgig since then, even if I´m located in the back....smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: September 30, 2005 21:13

lol! that's classic jaggeroo!!!!!!!

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 30, 2005 21:16

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
> Front of stage in Gothenburg 1990, Mick is
> standing about 3 meters from me, it´s in between
> songs. So I yell: C*CKSUCKER BLUES!!!! He lower
> his mic, and mutters "Yeah, why don´t you come up
> here and sing it?"

You should've gone up. That would've made for an even better story!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 30, 2005 21:16

Thanks JJ! I drew some atention, screaming that at the Cirkusgig in Stockholm.
The tourists probably thought i was crazy......wich I am, in factsmiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: September 30, 2005 21:31

easy question. we all are!!!!!!! we expect them to play 90% deep cuts and we cry when it obviously doesn't happen!

Date: September 30, 2005 21:35

Okay...here's a though...Go to a Don McLean show and keep yelling "American Pie" from the moment he walks on stage. After he finally plays it, yell it again.

Maybe he will retire after a dozen or show gigs where people do that?

PS: Yes, it was me at the PNC Park show yelling "Let's Work"

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 30, 2005 21:43

Got dead drunk at a Frank Black show and spent the entire second half of the show 12 inches from Frank Black yelling "play Cannonball" after every song. It's a Breeders song (Kim Deal's band) and at the time Frank and Kim still hated each other from when they were in the Pixies together.

Frank completely ignored me, but my Frank Black loving friend almost strangled me. He was losing his damn mind because he knew Frank personally. The more pissed he got, the funnier I thought it was and the more I kept yelling "play Cannonball." Really regreted it the next day, although I think it is kind of funny. If Frank had told me to shut up I would have, but it seemed like he could care less.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 30, 2005 23:16

Ohnonotyouagain, that was hilarious! I saw some band once called the Riverdogs. Vivian Campbell (bounced around a few metal bands in 80's) was their guitar player. At the gig I noticed Vivian wasnt there. So the whole show I kept yelling "WHere's Vivian!" Finally the singer said right from the stage "He isnt here anymore, we change band members, if you aren't careful you might end up in the band."

Date: September 30, 2005 23:22

the guy who shot Dimebag Darryl from Pantera and the freak who punched mick jagger when he came out of the trailer at altamont '69

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-30 23:24 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: October 1, 2005 00:02

One time in around 1972 I was at a Frank Zappa concert, and during a lull between songs I yelled 'Hey Frank, your nose is growing!' It appeared he heard it and was momentarily at a loss.

In 1979 I got introduced to Britt Ekland. A few minutes later I told a friend, "She looks terrible." I looked and she was standing right next to me. Oops. The hell of it was, she didn't terrible at all. But I sure did. I got the hell out of there fast.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 1, 2005 00:48

just did a quick check of this thread to see if anyone had nominated me....phew....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 1, 2005 01:14

StonesTod

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1489
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home