Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

American Vinyl, vol I
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: September 2, 2018 23:19

Due to Creatspace's new policy, it's not possible to publish books of circa 500 pages any more,like I was used to do. I've been forced to split the book in two volumes: London and ABKCO (vol. I) and RSR (vol. II). According to Amazon, within two days, "American Vinyl, vol. I' will be available on your local we-store and/or via eBay (seller 1963luca0)
350 full-color A4 pages, fully illustrated about the albums that London Records and ABKCO Records have pressed and distributed, between 1964 and 2018. For the very time, the Collector is offered a brand new way to archive records. You'll finally know what the string of data on vinyl means and how to 'read' a record. No more room for topics like azure vs blue vs mauve labels... original vs re-issues...
More than pressing plants are involved and you'll learn about type-setter and recording studios. On top of that, the usual Archivist's Corners notes are provided and help appreciating each press. The book also features a long section on albums imported from GB (with some news) and appendixes on one-off rarities, export matrices, albums and covers and on pressing plants that have not been connected to the Rolling Stones, but could be.in near future. A lot of blank space has been left, so that you can fill the book with your own notes. I hope you'll like using the book as much as I've loved to write it. Thanks for caring, have a nice week

Luca

PS Volume II will come in circa four weeks

Re: American Vinyl, vol I
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 3, 2018 02:52

truly a labour of love!

plexi

Date: September 3, 2018 08:00

Yes, indeed. After so many years of record collecting, it’s a tribute of mine to this magic media, as an archivist, bye
Luca

Date: September 11, 2018 09:13

Thank you everybody for getting the book, but please post comments here so that we can share news and corrections. To those who are sending up-dates in: inedit string of data from vinyl space are more than welcome, but must be reported complete and clear or will generate confusion.

To Gene: yes, we could adfirm that a single record was almost never the fruit of a full in-house process. Cooperation was the word, at the time.
Bye, Luca

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home