Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

American Vinyl, vol I
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: September 2, 2018 23:19

Due to Creatspace's new policy, it's not possible to publish books of circa 500 pages any more,like I was used to do. I've been forced to split the book in two volumes: London and ABKCO (vol. I) and RSR (vol. II). According to Amazon, within two days, "American Vinyl, vol. I' will be available on your local we-store and/or via eBay (seller 1963luca0)
350 full-color A4 pages, fully illustrated about the albums that London Records and ABKCO Records have pressed and distributed, between 1964 and 2018. For the very time, the Collector is offered a brand new way to archive records. You'll finally know what the string of data on vinyl means and how to 'read' a record. No more room for topics like azure vs blue vs mauve labels... original vs re-issues...
More than pressing plants are involved and you'll learn about type-setter and recording studios. On top of that, the usual Archivist's Corners notes are provided and help appreciating each press. The book also features a long section on albums imported from GB (with some news) and appendixes on one-off rarities, export matrices, albums and covers and on pressing plants that have not been connected to the Rolling Stones, but could be.in near future. A lot of blank space has been left, so that you can fill the book with your own notes. I hope you'll like using the book as much as I've loved to write it. Thanks for caring, have a nice week

Luca

PS Volume II will come in circa four weeks

Re: American Vinyl, vol I
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 3, 2018 02:52

truly a labour of love!

plexi

Date: September 3, 2018 08:00

Yes, indeed. After so many years of record collecting, it’s a tribute of mine to this magic media, as an archivist, bye
Luca

Date: September 11, 2018 09:13

Thank you everybody for getting the book, but please post comments here so that we can share news and corrections. To those who are sending up-dates in: inedit string of data from vinyl space are more than welcome, but must be reported complete and clear or will generate confusion.

To Gene: yes, we could adfirm that a single record was almost never the fruit of a full in-house process. Cooperation was the word, at the time.
Bye, Luca

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1211
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home