Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones & Stevie Wonder Album?
Date: September 30, 2005 05:12

Is it true thet the Stones had a live double Album recorded, ready to be released with Stevie Wonder back in the early 70's - but was never released for some reason?

If so, are there any bootlegs out on this?

Re: Stones & Stevie Wonder Album?
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 30, 2005 05:26

sad but true ,,record company decided not 2 release it because ya yas was only 2 yrs. prior,,i hav the album cover pic somewhere on file ...a boot that may have some of the tracks would b ,,the unreleased live decca album ..which has stones tracks only ,,,

Posted by: terry ()
Date: September 30, 2005 05:28

yes thats true...i think the reason was because stevie wonder had changed his musical style at the time ...and the record company didnt think it would work..i remember jagger talking about it at the time...its a shame..i think it was a great idea

Posted by: smith ()
Date: September 30, 2005 08:56

as I can remember they didn't get the rights from ABKCO to release stuff from the DECCA-period - it wasn't because "the record company" didn't think it would work...

acetates were made and in the fall of 1972 an US radio-station broadcast the entire Stones-part (inlcuding Uptight/Satisfaction with Stevie Wonder) - there's only an average tape around (quality wise) but better than to have nothing...;-)

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 30, 2005 09:12

Also, didn't Mick envision YA-YAS as a double-album release originally, with one disk devoted to the opening acts? I read this somewhere....

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 2, 2005 15:43

It seems like someone would have a good quality copy of this. I'm sure the original tapes still exist.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 2, 2005 16:18

Mick indeed wanted YaYa's to be double. He wanted the opening acts ( Ike & Tina turner I believe ) on the first CD. He says it's great stuff, and that he has pressings of the thing somewhere in his home. Never heard about the story "smith" writes. The reason YaYa's wasn't double was, according to Mick, that the record company felt the opening acts were too unknown. That seems a weird reason cause I believe Ike & Tina turner were well established names back then.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 2, 2005 17:26

i've read (in a lot of sources) the story Smith relates about ABKCO not agreeing to the release of the 1972 tour album.
refusing to cooperate on that was one of Klein's ways of being a sh1t after the Stones parted ways with him.
none of which has anything to do with YaYas, of course. different tour, different album.
same Stones, though. :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: October 2, 2005 18:11

The sources for this release are Ft. Worth, Houston, and Philly. If you get those boots you basically got whatever was going to be released. There are even 2 versions of the Philly shows - one with "overdubs" (presumably in prep for release) and one raw board tape.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home