Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
O.T. About UArena Paris _ Nanterre / information
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: August 25, 2018 22:43

UArena Paris _ Nanterre. The "Paris Summer Jam", 08/24/2018, where the American star Kendrick Lamar performed, however, has struggled to fill half the largest closed room in Europe (40,000 seats), where the Rolling Stones have three nights full last year....

Re: O.T. About UArena Paris _ Nanterre / information
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 26, 2018 09:25

A few months ago Beyonce and her husband played there for several weeks and absolutely nobody came in.
Well OK, they were rehearsing their summer tour...
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 26, 2018 09:32

Stones christened it …. three amazing shows ….. and stood beside
Tony "The Fixer" Dunn for what would sadly be his last Stones show ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 26, 2018 14:36

Great times Terry.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 26, 2018 16:31

"rock is dead" = the Stones sell the place out three times.
"rap is the #1 musical genre" = Paris just two musical festivals taking place, both with rap acts on top of the bill... Both were disasters in terms of booking.

Festival bookers, beginning to see the light?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 26, 2018 17:05

Great venue with good sound and 3 great shows, all of which I attended during a whole week spent in Paris. Logistics were excellent after the initial teething problems of poor crowd management at the 1st 2 shows were sorted for the 3rd Show. The venue was well filled at all 3 shows, though not absolutely full. I hope it prospers as a concert venue.

Acts who struggle to fill it would be far better off playing at the smaller Bercy Arena, also a good venue. I saw Macca there 2 years ago.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 26, 2018 18:54

Good sound?
I was in the stands the first two nights (most expensive tickets for reasons I'm still trying to figure out); awful sound. Massive echo. Mick even touched on that the second night.
3rd show I was in the pit; of course no sound issues there (besides the catwalk monitors, although I remember it was less of nuisance than in other countries).

Logistics could be a lot better as well, especially after the show. No, I wasn't impressed with this new venue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-26 18:55 by BowieStone.

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: August 26, 2018 19:48

3 fantastic shows

Date: August 26, 2018 21:27

Great times Terry.

Yes Ben great times indeed ….
always plenty of action when he was around …

ROCKMAN

Date: August 26, 2018 22:32

BowieStone
Good sound?
I was in the stands the first two nights (most expensive tickets for reasons I'm still trying to figure out); awful sound. Massive echo. Mick even touched on that the second night.
3rd show I was in the pit; of course no sound issues there (besides the catwalk monitors, although I remember it was less of nuisance than in other countries).

Logistics could be a lot better as well, especially after the show. No, I wasn't impressed with this new venue.

I can only speak from my own experience, which was GA (front) at Shows 1 & 2 and GC for the last show. Security was OTT but that's normal in France nowadays and I was prepared for that. Entry was chaotic for the 1st 2 shows but far better for the last. I don't recall problems leaving any of the 3 shows.

I had friends in seats at Show 2 and they didn't mention any sound problems.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 26, 2018 23:33

There was a sound issue in the pit on show two, Keith hit the opening note to Honky Tonk Women and the sound from his amp made your body shake! Perfection.
Terry, hope to see you next year somewhere.

Date: August 27, 2018 00:22

Yeah Ben for sure .… be good to see all guys again …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 27, 2018 00:25

flairville
There was a sound issue in the pit on show two, Keith hit the opening note to Honky Tonk Women and the sound from his amp made your body shake! Perfection.
Terry, hope to see you next year somewhere.

I was there too!!

Date: August 27, 2018 19:14

Was there 3 times in the pit, didn't have any issue with the sound. The question is, is it possible to have a good sound everywhere in what is basically an indoor stadium? I'm not sure. Ask the same question about a mainstream 20000 people arena, and i'm still not sure.

About the organization, night#1 sucked, big way. The guys fixed most of the problems for night#2 and #3. It was not perfect, but i give them credit, they spent most of the second afternoon apologizing about the mess.

People tend to remember the bad things and to forget the good ones. I'm not trying to excuse the uArena people because i'm french but i've been to the London Stadium in may and the organization was bad too (not as bad as Paris #1 to be honest). Some guys at the entrance didn't know what kind of wristband we needed. Surprise, we needed a wrisband to cross throught the second pit (don't remember the name) to access the NF pit and get a second wrisband, which was spectacularly stupid. See the picture? You've got one of those xpensive NF tixs, and at the last moment you decide to stay in the second pit? Are you f****n' kidding me?

BTW, the really good point about this arena, i think at least everybody will agree, it's incredibly smooth and easy to take the subway back to city center after the show. Take that London Stadium and Twickenham winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 27, 2018 21:46

Yep, went back for Roger Waters in June and it was a smooth RER ride in and out.

I was sitting for that show in an area that would have qualified at the NF pit I suppose and the sound was very good too. Not sure how it was in the back though because I immediately noticed this "murmur" when I entered the hall, as if you had stuffed cotton in your ears, weird ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: August 28, 2018 01:33

Jumpinjackflash59
Was there 3 times in the pit, didn't have any issue with the sound. The question is, is it possible to have a good sound everywhere in what is basically an indoor stadium? I'm not sure. Ask the same question about a mainstream 20000 people arena, and i'm still not sure.

About the organization, night#1 sucked, big way. The guys fixed most of the problems for night#2 and #3. It was not perfect, but i give them credit, they spent most of the second afternoon apologizing about the mess.

People tend to remember the bad things and to forget the good ones. I'm not trying to excuse the uArena people because i'm french but i've been to the London Stadium in may and the organization was bad too (not as bad as Paris #1 to be honest). Some guys at the entrance didn't know what kind of wristband we needed. Surprise, we needed a wrisband to cross throught the second pit (don't remember the name) to access the NF pit and get a second wrisband, which was spectacularly stupid. See the picture? You've got one of those xpensive NF tixs, and at the last moment you decide to stay in the second pit? Are you f****n' kidding me?

BTW, the really good point about this arena, i think at least everybody will agree, it's incredibly smooth and easy to take the subway back to city center after the show. Take that London Stadium and Twickenham winking smiley

London Stadium was ok, even though it was a longish walk to the tube station. A bit of a squash to get onto the tube but after that, fine and a quick journey to city centre.

No argument about Twickenham though. Absolutely shambolic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-28 01:38 by grzegorz67.

Date: September 3, 2018 12:54

As expected, Macca to rock the UArena on 28/11/2018 !
Sadly it's seated in front and GA in the back like for Roger Waters so will likely have to wait for late drops...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: September 3, 2018 17:36

gotdablouse
As expected, Macca to rock the UArena on 28/11/2018 !
Sadly it's seated in front and GA in the back like for Roger Waters so will likely have to wait for late drops...

What do you mean by late drops (obviously tickets, but what kind? at a discount? not sure what you mean...)

Date: September 3, 2018 18:44

Well in the case of Roger Waters instead of forking out 300€ for an 8th row platinum ticket when they went on sale in November buy it at face for 133€ in November when they can't sell them ;-) I wasn't going to go until I chanced upon on these tickets sometime in March...

In the case of Macca it's likely going to be far worse, 400€, 500€ instead of the apparent 155€ maximum face value ? Even the 765€ VIP Front-Row tickets are to the SIDE !

--------------

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: September 3, 2018 19:57

Ah gotcha! I guess I'll do as usual, scope out for cheap tickets the week before on leboncoin and facebook event pages! Always people in a hurry to sell tix because of changed plans :-)

Date: September 4, 2018 00:24

Yeah, they always count on the die-hards picking up anything during the presales and first day of sale out of fear of being left out in the cold. In a 40000 venue this will never happen. Unless some decent seats upfront pop up tomorrow (they won't !) I'll wait for the drops or "platinum downgrades" or just get a cheap GA a few days before the show.

--------------

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 4, 2018 01:05

grzegorz67
Great venue with good sound and 3 great shows, all of which I attended during a whole week spent in Paris. Logistics were excellent after the initial teething problems of poor crowd management at the 1st 2 shows were sorted for the 3rd Show. The venue was well filled at all 3 shows, though not absolutely full. I hope it prospers as a concert venue.

Acts who struggle to fill it would be far better off playing at the smaller Bercy Arena, also a good venue. I saw Macca there 2 years ago.

Can't spell "crap" without "rap"

Date: September 4, 2018 13:01

gotdablouse

In the case of Macca it's likely going to be far worse, 400€, 500€ instead of the apparent 155€ maximum face value ? Even the 765€ VIP Front-Row tickets are to the SIDE !

I bought Carre Or tickets for €155 this morning.
Nice and easy. No waiting, no nothing.

Date: September 4, 2018 13:45

Yeah but not in the firt rows facing the stage ;-) These are the Platinum Tickets that will pop up next week at 2x or 3x their face value !

Anyway "Carre Or" in the stands or on the pitch ? If it's on the pitch I hope it's between 40 and 118 if not you won't see much ! I pulled seveal 3rd rows but 24 and 133, completely on the side, guaranteed not to see anything !

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-04 13:46 by gotdablouse.

Date: September 4, 2018 14:07

gotdablouse
Yeah but not in the firt rows facing the stage ;-) These are the Platinum Tickets that will pop up next week at 2x or 3x their face value !

Anyway "Carre Or" in the stands or on the pitch ? If it's on the pitch I hope it's between 40 and 118 if not you won't see much ! I pulled seveal 3rd rows but 24 and 133, completely on the side, guaranteed not to see anything !

It wouldn’t be the first time I’ll feel robbed at a McCartney gig.
Last time he played Dusseldorf I had the most expensive tickets placing myself even more left than the left speakers.

Have you got a seating plan for the pitch? Can’t find it anywhere.

Date: September 4, 2018 14:42

I only have what was shown on TM with a red dot for the lousy Rang 3/Siège 24 I turned down :

Based on my painstaking deciphering of the screen I got :

Rows: 27
Seats (numbered from top to bottom) :
-Bloc 1 : 17
-Bloc 2 : 23 total : 40
-Bloc 3 : 23 total : 63
-Bloc 4 Central : 32 total : 95
-Bloc 5 : 23 total : 118
-Bloc 6 : 23 total : 141
-Bloc 7 : 17 total : 158

Where does that put you ?

--------------

Date: September 4, 2018 15:00

I don’t understand this seating plan. Where’s the stage?

I have ‘Entree 32’. 10th row.

Date: September 4, 2018 15:17

The stage is on the left in front of the FOS. You should have a number for "PLACE" too, that will determine your placement from "top to bottom".

--------------

Date: September 4, 2018 15:52

Yes. Place 34. Not good?
I really don’t get it.

Date: September 4, 2018 16:07

Well if you look at the numbers I put above it means you're at the top of the chart in block 2, a bit below and behind the red dot of the seat I was offered by TM that was Rang 3, Place 24.

--------------

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home