Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 28
Re: New dvd release: Voodoo Lounge Uncut
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 20, 2018 17:20

Good show but that intro by Whoopi Goldberg is cringeworthy.shes one of those really dumb people that think if they pause between sentences it will sound like they’re saying something profound.
“We’re here to see the band ....who our parents warned us about ...now our parents are here with us..no genius,the mom and dads from the 60s didn’t become Stones fans and start going to shows.
Why the modern version of The Rolling Stones feel the need to always have these celebrities glomming onto them I’ll never understand.

They got heavily criticized for having Truman Capote and princess Radizwell on the 72 tour,those people were the Sex Pistols compared to these Hollywood phonies they seem to have their arms around every other day.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 20, 2018 17:25

Where can you get the Voodoo Lounge uncut DVD ?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 20, 2018 18:05

TheGreek

It's not officially announced yet. Maybe it'll be released in Nov/Dec 2018.

The only info about this new release was recently found on the website of the German film classification FSK.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 20, 2018 18:25

TheGreek

If you need the full (27 songs) Miami-Show 25-Nov-1994, it's here: [iorr.org] .

Date: August 21, 2018 13:39

Irix
TheGreek

If you need the full (27 songs) Miami-Show 25-Nov-1994, it's here: [iorr.org] .
Thank you Kindly Irix

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 21, 2018 15:32

lem motlow
Good show but that intro by Whoopi Goldberg is cringeworthy.shes one of those really dumb people that think if they pause between sentences it will sound like they’re saying something profound.
“We’re here to see the band ....who our parents warned us about ...now our parents are here with us..no genius,the mom and dads from the 60s didn’t become Stones fans and start going to shows.
Why the modern version of The Rolling Stones feel the need to always have these celebrities glomming onto them I’ll never understand.

They got heavily criticized for having Truman Capote and princess Radizwell on the 72 tour,those people were the Sex Pistols compared to these Hollywood phonies they seem to have their arms around every other day.

to define Whoopi Goldberg dumb is really cringeworthy

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 21, 2018 15:36

The one thing I remember was the muffled sound. And sound is very important when listening to music. I tell you...

Date: August 21, 2018 15:46

Stoneage
The one thing I remember was the muffled sound. And sound is very important when listening to music. I tell you...

So how come I hear every instrument loud and clear on this old conversion from VHS?

It doesn't happen often, but this time Ronnie starts a song, btw smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 21, 2018 16:31

Sure, Dandy. Slightly better than what I remember. But still not exactly crystal clear. Still no depth and space. Still kind of muffled. I'm sorry...

Date: August 21, 2018 18:53

Muffled:

adjective
(of a sound) not loud because of being obstructed in some way; muted.

Not what I'm hearing. The guitars are a bit too clean for my tastes, but everything's loud and clear for me. Exile and GHS are muffled at times, but not this recording, imo.

Date: August 21, 2018 19:52

Okey. I can only describe my initial opinion when listening to the PPV. This one sound better though. Maybe I'm only missing Bill's bass? Keith's solo is horrible by the way. And I won't go on about Mick's singing...

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 21, 2018 21:14

StonedRambler
Probably the best latter day performance of Tumbling Dice:
[www.youtube.com]
Definitely one of my favorite post-'89 versions. Almost perfect in every way.

Date: August 21, 2018 21:15

Stoneage
Okey. I can only describe my initial opinion when listening to the PPV. This one sound better though. Maybe I'm only missing Bill's bass? Keith's solo is horrible by the way. And I won't go on about Mick's singing...
No, you're not wrong. The VHS and DVD sound is pretty terrible.

It's great when you're watching the video because it's a great live document, but if you try listening to just an audio feed, it's almost unlistenable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 21:16 by keefriff99.

Date: August 21, 2018 21:32

keefriff99
Stoneage

It's great when you're watching the video because it's a great live document, but if you try listening to just an audio feed, it's almost unlistenable.

Terrible, because you don't like the clean VL-sound or muffled?

The bootleg-cd sounds like shit, but the VHS sounds okay, imo.

Date: August 21, 2018 21:40

DandelionPowderman
keefriff99
Stoneage

Terrible, because you don't like the clean VL-sound or muffled?

The bootleg-cd sounds like shit, but the VHS sounds okay, imo.
There's just a lack of depth and clarity to the audio feed. The drums are muffled and weak-sounding and the guitars are a bit thin.

I love to watch the Miami show because it feels so real and live, but the audio itself could use some cleaning up IMO.

To me, Live at the Max goes too far in the other direction...it's so crisp it doesn't sound like a live show.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: August 21, 2018 22:02

It's flat. It reminds me of the crappy NFL/ABC Super Bowl halftime broadcast. Welcoming a new release of Miami!

Date: August 21, 2018 23:30

You're right, Keefriff99. Dandy set me off track. The sound is muffled and flat. Unlistenable. No doubt about that. Another strange thing is that sound and picture doesn't correlate. Especially visible when Charlie hits the drums. The drum sound, by the way, seems to be caught in a mist. As if the drum sticks are padded with cotton. I almost get the feeling it's playback. Like Der Spiegel did...

Here is another track from Miami that, I think, proves my view: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 23:32 by Stoneage.

Date: August 21, 2018 23:34

But Lisa looks better than ever here... No one can argue with that...

Date: August 22, 2018 02:47

Stoneage
You're right, Keefriff99. Dandy set me off track. The sound is muffled and flat. Unlistenable. No doubt about that. Another strange thing is that sound and picture doesn't correlate. Especially visible when Charlie hits the drums. The drum sound, by the way, seems to be caught in a mist. As if the drum sticks are padded with cotton. I almost get the feeling it's playback. Like Der Spiegel did...

Here is another track from Miami that, I think, proves my view: [www.youtube.com]
And even with the substandard audio, this might be my FAVORITE live Stones concert to revisit (post '89). It's got such a wonderful sense of fun energy to it. You can practically feel the sweat from the humid Miami night drip down the back of your neck while watching it.

It really sounds like someone just recorded the audio off the live TV feed and released it as-is.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 22, 2018 08:33

maumau
lem motlow

I see the Mensa society has weighed in.Whoopi Goldberg is a perfect example of what we call in America a “celebritard”.
Her list of moronic statements is so extensive she has a greatest hits,let’s revisit one of her classics,
She actually said (on live t.v. no less)that what Roman Polanski did wasn’t like a rape-rape.drugging a 13 year old,having sex with the incapacitated child and then fleeing the country to avoid prosecution is,in Whoopi’s empty skull,not that bad.i mean, he didn’t jump out of the bushes and tackle the girl...
To even think some shit like that you have to be a fckng moron,to sit there dressed like a bag lady and say it out loud borders on retardation.

Again,I wish the Stones would stay clear of these types.

Date: August 22, 2018 10:45

lem motlow
maumau
lem motlow

I see the Mensa society has weighed in.Whoopi Goldberg is a perfect example of what we call in America a “celebritard”.
Her list of moronic statements is so extensive she has a greatest hits,let’s revisit one of her classics,
She actually said (on live t.v. no less)that what Roman Polanski did wasn’t like a rape-rape.drugging a 13 year old,having sex with the incapacitated child and then fleeing the country to avoid prosecution is,in Whoopi’s empty skull,not that bad.i mean, he didn’t jump out of the bushes and tackle the girl...
To even think some shit like that you have to be a fckng moron,to sit there dressed like a bag lady and say it out loud borders on retardation.

You believe all the people the Stones were hanging with in the 70s were better people, regarding sex with underaged girls?

Date: August 22, 2018 10:49

Stoneage

The sound is clean and somewhat without punch, not muffled. I'm well aware of people hearing different things, and I respect that, but come on! When every instrument is crisp and clear (including the dull-sounding drums), it simply cannot be muffled.

Over and out smoking smiley

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 22, 2018 11:19

Worth it just for Bo Diddlery

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 22, 2018 12:28

lem motlow
maumau
lem motlow

Dont want to go along the path of a pseudopolitical argument here, which is also contrary to the iorr forum rules. JUst let me say that I certainly do prefer a Mensa society to what seems popular in America these days about many things quoted in your angry post about a comedian that happens, surely accidentally, to be woman and black.

smoking smileyRe: New dvd release: Voodoo Lounge Uncut
Date: August 22, 2018 13:23

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

So how come I hear every instrument loud and clear on this old conversion from VHS?

It doesn't happen often, but this time Ronnie starts a song, btw smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]
The Sound is fine to my ears , loved this performance and tour , loved the design of the stage also. I seen 2 shows during this tour ,the first one was a perfect Saturday mid August during the 2nd day of Woodstock 1994 which we had to drive on the empty and desolate NYS Thruway to get to Giants Stadium and what a great show it was . Then the second show we attended was in the cavernous Syracuse Carrier Dome , which was another fine performance which we enjoyed and there was a rarity which was during Brown Sugar, Ronnie did the famous fill a-la Love You Live as Mr. Bobby Keys was ill .Which this was only the second time no Bobby Blowing his magical Sax during Brown Sugar which was the Tour Opener in Philly in 1981 .Then of course we purchased the Pay Per View from Miami later in the tour with all of the special guest which was a nice treat . Great Memories

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-22 13:31 by TheGreek.

Date: August 22, 2018 13:28

DandelionPowderman
lem motlow
maumau
lem motlow

You believe all the people the Stones were hanging with in the 70s were better people, regarding sex with underaged girls?
Good one DP

Date: August 22, 2018 15:28

I was re-listening to You Got Me Rocking, and there were points during the song where the snare was completely inaudible...the drums were reduced to a dull thud in the background as everything else overwhelmed it.

It's obvious that this show was released on VHS with the original PPV audio feed, no frills, nothing. Who knows if all the stereo tracks are even available for re-mixing? Is it even worth it at this point? How many copies would sell?

Date: August 22, 2018 21:34

keefriff99
I was re-listening to You Got Me Rocking, and there were points during the song where the snare was completely inaudible...the drums were reduced to a dull thud in the background as everything else overwhelmed it.

It's obvious that this show was released on VHS with the original PPV audio feed, no frills, nothing. Who knows if all the stereo tracks are even available for re-mixing? Is it even worth it at this point? How many copies would sell?
I believe the sales # would be consistent with all of the other From The Vault series shows . Just us diehards that snap up anything they put out save for the countless repackaging of the greatest hit catalogue which they toss in a unrealesed track that we all want .

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: August 23, 2018 05:00

I'm not clear... is this Voodoo Lounge show the next official from the Vault release? I'd love a Voodoo Lounge show on blu ray, but I wish they'd do a different show than the this PPV show that we have all seen a million times. I'd love to see a different Voodoo Lounge show that I've never seen.

One little thing that bugged me the night I watched the PPV show that original night... the had been playing Love is Strong and that night they subbed in a War Horse (Sympathy) for it in the set list. I was loving Love Is Strong that tour! Reason #1 why I want a different Voodoo Lounge show as an official release. We have enough versions of Sympathy... give me Love Is Strong!

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: August 23, 2018 05:21

mickjagger1009
I'm not clear... is this Voodoo Lounge show the next official from the Vault release? I'd love a Voodoo Lounge show on blu ray, but I wish they'd do a different show than the this PPV show that we have all seen a million times. I'd love to see a different Voodoo Lounge show that I've never seen.

One little thing that bugged me the night I watched the PPV show that original night... the had been playing Love is Strong and that night they subbed in a War Horse (Sympathy) for it in the set list. I was loving Love Is Strong that tour! Reason #1 why I want a different Voodoo Lounge show as an official release. We have enough versions of Sympathy... give me Love Is Strong!
I think they were playing Sympathy every night that tour...they probably dropped Love is Strong for the duets with Robert Cray and Bo Diddley.

They also added Dead Flowers, Angie and Sweet Virginia and played 27 songs, which 2-3 more than they were doing on a typical night.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home