Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 28
Re: New dvd release: Voodoo Lounge Uncut
Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 16, 2018 02:30

I thought some one mentioned here a little while ago that a boxset with more than one Voodoo Lounge concert wil be released? Is that no longer a possibility ?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 16, 2018 02:31

Please gimme more vintage material...the more vintage, the better...VL is not vintage...it does not have Bill...it's nice, maybe even very nice, but it's not killer...Miami in particular sucked a bit, even the guest spots...for now I just hope they could get a better mix from the original multitracks...otherwise, forget it!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 16, 2018 02:50

If you check it out the sound on the live version of i go wild (single)
I like the mixed

------m.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: August 16, 2018 05:39

I remember Keith's solo on New Orleans Beast of Burden was so good and I think one of the best for that entire tour. I taped it off the radio broadcast back in 1994. How do I find it digitally?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 16, 2018 06:21

longlongwinter
I remember Keith's solo on New Orleans Beast of Burden was so good and I think one of the best for that entire tour. I taped it off the radio broadcast back in 1994. How do I find it digitally?

Well you made me look
yes, this sound quality is poor
I would def buy this show
New Orleans 1994 radio copy
[m.mixcloud.com]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 16, 2018 08:34

Good news - looking forward to this release.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: August 16, 2018 14:44

Is this not a Vault release? Usually it would have From The Vault in front of the title.

Date: August 16, 2018 15:12

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-16 15:44 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: August 16, 2018 15:34

DandelionPowderman
Mr.D
Is this not a Vault release? Usually it would have From The Vault in front of the title.

Yes it is.

I was wondering because Totally Stripped didn't say it was a Vault release either.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 16, 2018 15:40

longlongwinter

Scroll down to two 'Filefactory' uploads....... [iorr.org] .........Date: May 13, 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-16 15:40 by EddieByword.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 16, 2018 15:40

Mr.D
DandelionPowderman
Mr.D

Yes it is.

I was wondering because Totally Stripped didn't say it was a Vault release either.

Not quite certain from today's infos, if this will be a Vault release.
Will be interesting to see if the former official releases will end up as Vault releases.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: August 16, 2018 15:55

there will be no cd and vinyls, it seems a pity.

Date: August 16, 2018 16:37

Mr.D
DandelionPowderman
Mr.D

Yes it is.

I misread the press release about the future releases and The Stones's collaboration with Universal/Eagle Rock. «From The Vault» wasn't specified in the press release, like I thought it was - so these releases might be like Totally Stripped.

Rolling Stones and Universal announce new partnership

Sunday, 8 July 2018

Dave Hogan

The Rolling Stones and Universal Music Group have announced a worldwide agreement covering the band's musical and audio-visual catalogues, archival support, global merchandising and brand management.

The multi-faceted partnership marks the beginning of a new era of expanded collaboration between the veteran rockers and the music company.

The band's catalogue includes some of the most celebrated and influential albums of the last 50 years, from 1971's Sticky Fingers to 2016's Grammy-winning Blue & Lonesome.

Universal (UMG) will continue to distribute the band's music catalogue globally, with future projects and reissues to be released through UMG's labels and networks around the world.

Bravado, UMG's brand management and merchandise company and the leading global provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists, will handle global merchandising rights, retail licensing, brand management and e-commerce on behalf of the band, including their iconic tongue logo.

It will also work with the band and management to identify new opportunities for creative collaboration within the worlds of art, fashion, retail, sport, lifestyle and touring merchandise.

Eagle Rock, the UMG-owned producer and distributor of music programming for broadcast, DVD, Blu-Ray, TV and Digital Media, have expanded their global distribution rights to the band's extensive long-form audio visual catalogue.

As part of the agreement, Eagle Rock will re-issue several classic concert films from their archives including Atlanta (1989), Steel Wheels (1989-90), Voodoo Lounge (1994), Bridges To Babylon (1997-1998), Four Flicks (2002) and Bigger Bang (2005-2006).

UMG's chairman and CEO Lucian Grainge, said: "After a decade of working in partnership together, we are thrilled to expand and extend our relationship with The Rolling Stones.

"We look forward to bringing our expertise and passion to bear as we put our global organization work on behalf of this iconic band who continue to create music and influence culture around the world."

The band's manager Joyce Smyth said: "For many years now we've had a wonderful partnership with Universal Music and look forward to an even more successful future together."

[www.rte.ie]

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: August 16, 2018 17:40

I guess they will release ''uncut'' versions of the other official releases also then. It would be good to have Four Flicks and The Biggest Bang in uncut versions, even though it was mostly songs like Start Me Up and Tumbling Dice which were omitted.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 16, 2018 18:52

Perhaps the full Bigger Bang package will get a blu ray release? Mine only has the Zilker Park show.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 16, 2018 19:14

I really hope for an extended At the Max as the visuals are stunning. It would be cool to have a complete set. My greatest wish would be a new cut of both Tempe and Meadowlands 81 but I read that the original tapes are destroyed. That's really sad.

I only need a new version of Biggest Bang if they use the original audio.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 16, 2018 19:22

so i expect the vaults series to continue with representation from every year they toured from 1970 onwards. And what about pre 1970 live material, would we get some of they tours released officially as well.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 16, 2018 19:26

hockenheim95
I read that the original tapes are destroyed. That's really sad.

You mean the raw 35mm colour footage?

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: August 16, 2018 21:03

Father Ted
Perhaps the full Bigger Bang package will get a blu ray release? Mine only has the Zilker Park show.

that will be an interesting challenge for a release.
Zilker & Buenos Aires are both 16:9 format while Rio is just 4:3.
Not sure if they recorded 16:9 in Rio but it would be strange to release
a 4:3 format on Blu Ray.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 16, 2018 21:32

A friend of mine was present at the Miami concert of VLTour, he told me that there was a hot asphyxiation and Mick Jagger was already very sweating at the first song.
I think the heat has limited a bit the performance, which however does not seem bad to me, but not the best. I still have the concert in VHS.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: August 17, 2018 00:34

falo01
Zilker & Buenos Aires are both 16:9 format while Rio is just 4:3.
Not sure if they recorded 16:9 in Rio but it would be strange to release
a 4:3 format on Blu Ray.

Buenos Aires looks like a 4:3 up-converted to 16:9 and the video quality not as good as the other shows.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 17, 2018 02:30

Probably the best latter day performance of Tumbling Dice:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ak1977 ()
Date: August 17, 2018 04:15

Hopefully these get released with a CD of the show as well!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 17, 2018 08:40

hockenheim95
I really hope for an extended At the Max as the visuals are stunning. It would be cool to have a complete set. My greatest wish would be a new cut of both Tempe and Meadowlands 81 but I read that the original tapes are destroyed. That's really sad.

I only need a new version of Biggest Bang if they use the original audio.

I was amazed at the visuals for this one < Max >.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: August 17, 2018 10:02

It would be really cool to a high quality audio/video version of this show, it was a great show, a lot of fun. I remember it like yesterday. VooDoo Lounge was an awesome tour, we saw 7 shows in 7 cities on that one... that was back when we traveled far and wide to see them.... even went to both of the Nijmegen shows.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 17, 2018 10:16

Nijmegen was great. I agree about how exciting the tour was. This was the first time I went to multiple shows because of the changing setlists, plus it was just great fun. I hope this release will represent the tour in the proper way it deserves.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: August 17, 2018 10:25

frankotero
Nijmegen was great. I agree about how exciting the tour was. This was the first time I went to multiple shows because of the changing setlists, plus it was just great fun. I hope this release will represent the tour in the proper way it deserves.
smileys with beer Our 2 week trip for those shows was part of the happiest days of my life, damn those were some good times...

I was just fact checking my memory... making sure of the time/place... and I got it right.
and found a great snarky Mick quote on Wiki...

"There were lots of hacks out there who said we couldn't do it anymore", remarked Mick Jagger. "But maybe what they meant was they couldn't do it anymore. Anyway, once we started playing, all that died down. You can talk about it and talk about it – but, once we're onstage, the question is answered.

Damn right Mick...
but then... the hacks start hacking again... and again... all day everyday... it is what they do.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 17, 2018 11:48

frankotero

Yeah..saw many gigs that tour. Nijmegen was great.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-17 12:12 by corriecas.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 17, 2018 11:55

LeonardP, I remember that opinion they could not do it anymore. Too be honest I bought into that myself. But as Mick said, soon after the concert started I realized it was the band I always loved. Also I agree about how special those years were. We were young and excited I would say. Great memories, really enjoyed the traveling and new adventures. Keep on rocking!

Posted by: BOW2007 ()
Date: August 20, 2018 12:22

No more news anymore??

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home