Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28
Re: New dvd release: Voodoo Lounge Uncut
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 4, 2019 22:15

Testify
...let's hope not! I love Miss You played live, it's one of the best moments of the concert, wonderful versions of Miami 94.

Yeah, Time to have a piss and get some water.
jeroen

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: January 4, 2019 23:37

corriecas
Testify
...let's hope not! I love Miss You played live, it's one of the best moments of the concert, wonderful versions of Miami 94.

Yeah, Time to have a piss and get some water.
jeroen
I never went to the toilet during a concert or even to the bar, with what it costs me I want to enjoy everything, it does not last 5 hours and I can hold myself for 2 hours I'm not a child or a 90-year old!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 11, 2019 16:00

Review by German HiFi-Magazine STEREO - 2/2019, p.157:

Music/Content: 3.5 out of 5 Stars, Audio-Quality: 2 out of 5 Stars, Picture-Quality: 1.5 out of 5 Stars

"In so weithin verunglücktem Murks-Mix wurde noch kein Auftritt der Rolling Stones vorgelegt: Mick Jagger ist absurd laut in den Vordergrund gemischt, die Instrumente hingegen sind oft akustisch 'unterbelichtet' bis unhörbar. Immerhin wartet die Setlist des Konzerts vom November 1994 mit live selten musizierten Songs und Auftritten von Bo Diddley (bei 'Who Do You Love') und Robert Cray (sehr gelungene Deutung von Robert Johnsons 'Stop Breaking Down'-Blues) auf. Die immer wieder unscharfe Optik unterbietet in ihrer 'historischen' Qualität noch die des Pariser 'Paradiso'-Mitschnitts von 1995."

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 11, 2019 17:45

I still don't think the sound is bad .

It just suits the minority taste ...including mine. winking smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 11, 2019 18:13

Irix
Review by German Hifi-Magazine STEREO - 2/2019, p.157:

Music/Content: 3.5 out of 5 Stars, Audio-Quality: 2 out of 5 Stars, Picture-Quality: 1.5 out of 5 Stars

"In so weithin verunglücktem Murks-Mix wurde noch kein Auftritt der Rolling Stones vorgelegt: Mick Jagger ist absurd laut in den Vordergrund gemischt, die Instrumente hingegen sind oft akustisch 'unterbelichtet' bis unhörbar. Immerhin wartet die Setlist des Konzerts vom November 1994 mit live selten musizierten Songs und Auftritten von Bo Diddley (bei 'Who Do You Love') und Robert Cray (sehr gelungene Deutung von Robert Johnsons 'Stop Breaking Down'-Blues) auf. Die immer wieder unscharfe Optik unterbietet in ihrer 'historischen' Qualität noch die des Pariser 'Paradiso'-Mitschnitts von 1995."
Looks like they have been reading our moans here winking smiley
And concerning 'minority tastes'. I was trying hard to dig the sound, but no. The whole thing does not sound right to me. No matter what I did - even playing it loud and focusing on Lisa's appearance on the screen winking smiley

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: January 11, 2019 18:52

Irix
Review by German Hifi-Magazine STEREO - 2/2019, p.157:

Unfortunately the rating is fair. This release is disappointing.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 11, 2019 19:55

Spud
I still don't think the sound is bad .

It just suits the minority taste ...including mine. winking smiley
See I agree and actually like it sound and audio !

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 12, 2019 13:43

Nice to have confirmed that there is nothing wrong with my ears then...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-12 13:47 by Stoneage.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 12, 2019 18:01

I love this release on CD’s for my car. It’s a blast. Maybe 1 day I will view the DVD :-)

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: January 14, 2019 00:13

In the acoustic set Ronnie was great with his acoustic guitar, I love his solo in Dead Flowers! Ronnie played well in this concert.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 14, 2019 13:42

Testify
In the acoustic set Ronnie was great with his acoustic guitar, I love his solo in Dead Flowers! Ronnie played well in this concert.
The acoustic set was very good and Ronnie played his tail off and ditto for Keith and Micks vocals and harp playing on Sweet Virginia along with Bobby Keys killer sax solo which is to die for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 15, 2019 07:42

Well I think it's awful. I actually threw it in garbage (not kidding) jut like A Bigger Bang.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 08:30

Erik_Snow
Well I think it's awful. I actually threw it in garbage (not kidding) jut like A Bigger Bang.

You're such a cool guy!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 08:36

Erik_Snow

Rubbish

Rod

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: January 16, 2019 03:56

Erik_Snow

Anger issues?

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: January 18, 2019 12:06

I guess we all have different ears and likes ;-)
Rezensionen
»Das Material ließen die Stones restaurieren und neu mastern – der Klang punktet mit ausbalancierter Tonalität, guter Auflösung und breiter Stereobasis.« (Audio, Januar 2019)

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: January 23, 2019 18:30

Yeah "Stereo" and "Audio" claim the opposite - a classic spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: March 7, 2019 16:36

After reading several comments on this thread about this release, I have confirmation that my ears are fine, abet I suffer from some hearing loss, that this release is by far the worst of any of the previous vault releases. How did this get released with this quality. First, the sound level seems low compared to other concerts and the guitars are mixed way too low. You want proof as to how bad this is, just listen to Totally Stripped.

Very, very disappointing...…………..

SFTD

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 5, 2020 02:08

Corona time, 3rd week at home and time to listen to some CDs and DVDs I had purchased in the past and that had at first found their way into the shelf only.

I can’t believe how Chuck’s organ is so loud in the mix right at the start of Not Fade Away. Doesn’t make sense at all, as it always was a guitar song. You barely here the guitars.

Listened to some European boots of that tour, where things are back to normal and as I remember the song from the Voodoo Lounge tour. IMHO Not Fade Away was one of the best, if not the best, opening songs of any Stones tour.

Can’t beleive the boys are so indifferent about it releasing this recording.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 5, 2020 05:09

So the consensus seems to be that this release has poor sound or at least poor mixing and mastering? I have the 3 LP set still unopened, I think it might get put away unopened. I was hoping for, no, expecting sterling sound and a pro mix.

jb

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: April 6, 2020 07:12

This release, as well as San Jose and both Bridges releases, make it pretty clear that they didn’t remix these for release. I don’t believe for a moment they’d have let these go out like this if they were mixing them from scratch, it’s just that in this case they either didn’t have the multi tracks or didn’t want to spend the money to mix them again, and they had existing serviceable mixes they could release.

I’m still glad we got these shows, especially San Jose, but it was a missed opportunity for sure.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 6, 2020 08:38

So these are basically front-of-house stereo mix soundboard tapes?

jb

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: April 6, 2020 08:59

jbwelda
So these are basically front-of-house stereo mix soundboard tapes?

jb

I don’t know about that, but I’m confident these are the mixes as they were done in ‘94/‘98/‘99, rather than one done in 2019.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 6, 2020 12:32

The mix is really really bad. I don't know when and who did it but it is horrible. I much prefer the mix on the Tokio Show, which was released in Japan only but is available as an import here in Germany via jpc.de

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 6, 2020 12:36

Yeah I can't stand the sound on Voodoo Lounge Uncut, however I am alright with the sounds on the '99 and the 2 B2B releases, although they're not as good as on Totally Stripped.

But I just adore the sound, the echo and the feeling you get on the b-stage from Buenos Aires, it sounds exactly as you would be there if you listen with headphones in front of the tvsmileys with beer

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: April 6, 2020 13:20

It is possible that they will mix it up again, leaving the sound as the Bremen 88, by the way the next one will be known.

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: April 6, 2020 13:47

tommycharles
This release, as well as San Jose and both Bridges releases, make it pretty clear that they didn’t remix these for release. I don’t believe for a moment they’d have let these go out like this if they were mixing them from scratch, it’s just that in this case they either didn’t have the multi tracks or didn’t want to spend the money to mix them again, and they had existing serviceable mixes they could release.

I’m still glad we got these shows, especially San Jose, but it was a missed opportunity for sure.

The mixes are nothing like the original TV broadcasts, they are new mixes from the multi-tracks.
All the hallmarks of modern excessive overly compressed mixes are there, nothing like the originals.

I doubt the Stones ever listen to these things before signing off on them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-06 14:00 by mikehat.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 6, 2020 14:04

I did it long ago and can repeat it again
I Go Wild from CD single VSCDX 1539, 1995 (CD Made in UK by EMI Swindon)
[www.dropbox.com]
I Go Wild from Voodoo Lounge Uncut, 2018 (2CD+DVD version, CD manufactured by optimal media GmbH)
[www.dropbox.com]
This is the same track from the very same show. Just different approach to mastering 1995 vs. 2018.
Only about 1 minute is presented. You know, a sample.

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: April 6, 2020 14:09

ironbelly
I did it long ago and can repeat it again
I Go Wild from CD single VSCDX 1539, 1995 (CD Made in UK by EMI Swindon)
[www.dropbox.com]
I Go Wild from Voodoo Lounge Uncut, 2018 (2CD+DVD version, CD manufactured by optimal media GmbH)
[www.dropbox.com]
This is the same track from the very same show. Just different approach to mastering 1995 vs. 2018.
Only about 1 minute is presented. You know, a sample.

I say this as an engineer with over 25 years experience, those are different mixes, with very different approaches to mixing and mastering.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-06 14:17 by mikehat.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 6, 2020 15:43

Testify

Yes, Ronnie give us one of his best solos on Beast of Burden, unfortunately buried in this lousy mix. His solo is crisp and crystal clear on another mix I've got... One of my fav Ronnie-moments.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1763
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home