Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 28
Re: New dvd release: Voodoo Lounge Uncut
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 12, 2018 11:13

Green Lady
As of this morning Amazon UK lists the CD, and the Blu-Ray, and... that's it, apart from the option to buy individual tracks. No DVD and no sets at all.

DVD and CD set on Amazon UK.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 12, 2018 11:29

Also on www.bol.com n www.jpc.de
Jeroen

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 12, 2018 12:24

Looking forward to this, as I saw the Stones on this tour in 1995 at Wembley Stadium. Got there mega-early, and was right up front.

However, I can't help thinking that they like You Got Me Rockin' a tad too much ?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 12, 2018 13:30

I just ordered mine last night and I am looking forward to this treat from the Glimmer Twins and co.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 12, 2018 19:05

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 12, 2018 19:51

I might get this because Darryl's bass playing is still listenable. Darryl came busting out of the gate on the Voodoo Lounge tour, laying down the big balls bass sound associated with the Stones. It's quite similar to what Bill set as the standard. Then Darryl drifts away and no longer nails the rhythm needed for the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World....

Now I remember why I felt okay for the Stones when Bill first left. Then something happened. By the time Bridges to Babylon three years later, Darryl's playing had become ineffective, and only got more vague as the years have rolled on. I never expected him to have the artistic, sensitive notes that Bill had on ballads, but I did expect a rock bassist to lay down the basement for a rock and roll band.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 12, 2018 22:05

Voodoo Lounge Uncut - Hi-Res 44.1kHz/24bit – €26.99/£22.49

[www.Qobuz.com]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 13, 2018 09:18

Deltics
Green Lady
As of this morning Amazon UK lists the CD, and the Blu-Ray, and... that's it, apart from the option to buy individual tracks. No DVD and no sets at all.

DVD and CD set on Amazon UK.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Yes - but on that link there is nothing listed that can be ordered or pre-ordered. Try it.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: October 13, 2018 14:16

You can pre order the DVD or Blu Ray set with CD at HMV via the link on Rolling Stones.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-13 14:17 by carouslambra.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 13, 2018 14:45

Concert Film (2h:29m):

[iTunes.apple.com] - €12.99 / £8.99

Audio-Version: [iTunes.apple.com] - £12.99

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 15, 2018 01:06

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Mix sounds kinda muffled and weird? [www.youtube.com]
Wish they would come back to Bob Clearmountain for Mixing these releases.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 15, 2018 02:20

Irix

Voodoo Lounge Uncut - Hi-Res 44.1kHz/24bit – €26.99/£22.49

[www.Qobuz.com]

These hi-res prices are ridiculously high...

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 15, 2018 03:18

StonedRambler
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Mix sounds kinda muffled and weird? [www.youtube.com]
Well, it's marginally better than the raw audio feed off the DVD/VHS copies I have, but still not great.

Even though it's not great, I'll be very glad to have audio of this show...it's one of my favorites.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 15, 2018 07:43

I don't think we can determine good sound from YouTube. The reason I say this is because I believe their videos have 128kbs audio. Certainly the CDs will sound better. Although I must admit that I am wondering if they only marginally improved the sound from the video source. Guess we have to wait and see.

Date: October 15, 2018 13:49

24FPS
I might get this because Darryl's bass playing is still listenable. Darryl came busting out of the gate on the Voodoo Lounge tour, laying down the big balls bass sound associated with the Stones. It's quite similar to what Bill set as the standard. Then Darryl drifts away and no longer nails the rhythm needed for the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World....

Now I remember why I felt okay for the Stones when Bill first left. Then something happened. By the time Bridges to Babylon three years later, Darryl's playing had become ineffective, and only got more vague as the years have rolled on. I never expected him to have the artistic, sensitive notes that Bill had on ballads, but I did expect a rock bassist to lay down the basement for a rock and roll band.
I think maybe someone told Daryl to chill a bit and just play note for note and not to "Jazz out" which is a bummer because Daryl came out of the gate strong for the Voodoo Lounge tour and somewhat tamed it down the rest of the tours . Don't get me wrong I think he does a great job !

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 15, 2018 18:13

i think Daryl has the rock,n Bill had the roll. Thats the difference. dont get me wrong I think daryll is a great, friendly guy and fits well within the band.
But then again, he sure aint no Stone.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-15 18:14 by corriecas.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 15, 2018 19:24

StonedRambler

You're right. I pointed that out earlier in this thread. Even this trailer is muffled. I guess they will have to "wash" the sound completely to "un-muffle" it. On the other hand you and I are a minority here.
Most people seems to think the sound is crystal clear. So they won't have anything to worry about. I say it's muffled. Big time!

Date: October 15, 2018 19:35

Stoneage
StonedRambler

You're right. I pointed that out earlier in this thread. Even this trailer is muffled. I guess they will have to "wash" the sound completely to "un-muffle" it. On the other hand you and I are a minority here.
Most people seems to think the sound is crystal clear. So they won't have anything to worry about. I say it's muffled. Big time!
It's a LITTLE better than the raw audio feed off the VHS/DVD, but not by much. I assume they just weren't willing to sink the money into the release to clean it up.

Date: October 16, 2018 20:42

If the sound doesn't get any better on this one I think they should write " Very good audience recording" on the cover. In order not to misguide the consumer...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 17, 2018 00:06

Hope the guitars don’t get buried, this a damn fine show.....

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: October 17, 2018 21:53

uncut will be another collection like the vault

Date: October 17, 2018 23:27

mick64
uncut will be another collection like the vault

It's a reissue, but with the rest of the show + bonus stuff included this time.

From The Vault were new releases.

Date: October 18, 2018 13:19

Speaking of bonus material , I think some of the coolest ever bonus material was the Saturday Night Live performance of the Stones in 1978 included as a bonus on the Rolling Stones live 1978 performance in Texas ( I forget the title of the official release) What a wild fun filled performance which was 3 songs -Shattered Beast of Burden and I can't remember the 3rd song which I am almost certain was also from the Some Girls album . Can we bring back the mid 70's ?

Date: October 18, 2018 13:26

Respectable, Greek smiling smiley

Date: October 18, 2018 14:28

SNL 1978, coolest ever? Jagger's voice was shot. Coke or cold? Or both? The performance is close to farcical. The sketches even more so.

Date: October 18, 2018 15:01

Looking forward to VL Uncut.

I was a bit surprised that they chose YGMR as the promo single. Ronnie busts a string, and Keith is a bit untight in the opening riff.

But it's a pretty good version. Sounds good, too thumbs up

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: October 18, 2018 15:56

Amazon have also cancelled my order for BR + CDs as "the item is no longer available". Also not available from other sellers at Amazon...Just pre-ordered it again from HMV so maybe just Amazon's incompetence?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-18 16:11 by martinw.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 18, 2018 18:17

martinw
Amazon have also cancelled my order for BR + CDs as "the item is no longer available". Also not available from other sellers at Amazon...Just pre-ordered it again from HMV so maybe just Amazon's incompetence?

same here and doesn't appear in the amzn catalogue anymore.

Date: October 18, 2018 18:21

DandelionPowderman

I was a bit surprised that they chose YGMR as the promo single. Ronnie busts a string, and Keith is a bit untight in the opening riff.

I remember Ronnie holding his broken string up and then putting it in his mouth at the end of the song.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 18, 2018 18:25

keefriff99
DandelionPowderman

I remember Ronnie holding his broken string up and then putting it in his mouth at the end of the song.

Very raw in a good way. Ronnie's slide is very nice.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1290
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home