Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28
Re: New dvd release: Voodoo Lounge Uncut
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 12, 2018 16:58

I only kept what has not yet been made available on DVD.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 12, 2018 17:45

I kept Video Rewind, 25x5, Live Voodoo Lounge. Those I believe are the last hold outs on VHS. Even all the 60's VHS stuff is on DVD such as Ready Steady Go, Hullabaloo, TAMI Show, Ed Sullivan.

Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: September 14, 2018 13:51

The Rolling Stones On Their Own, On Film and In Print 1964-2014 by Julian Hardiman

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: September 15, 2018 01:13

Krzysztof
The Rolling Stones On Their Own, On Film and In Print 1964-2014 by Julian Hardiman

Hey, I’ve never seen that book. Is it any good?

Date: September 15, 2018 14:18

lamemodem2

The book contains information about Stones' solo publishing.
In addition, there is a description of all officially released films and pictures of books published in English.

I think it is interesting and worth having in the collection.

Here's the link to the samples:
The Rolling Stones On Their Own - On Film and In Print

Date: September 15, 2018 14:31

Voodoo Lounge Uncut in cdon.com shop:

DVD+2CD

Blu-ray+2CD

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: September 15, 2018 15:02

Release date is November 16th?

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: September 15, 2018 15:29

Krzysztof
lamemodem2

The book contains information about Stones' solo publishing.
In addition, there is a description of all officially released films and pictures of books published in English.

I think it is interesting and worth having in the collection.

Here's the link to the samples:
The Rolling Stones On Their Own - On Film and In Print

Thanks!

Date: September 15, 2018 15:53

Mr.D
Release date is November 16th?

Yes

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: September 15, 2018 16:35

Blu-ray + CD... Isn't it a first in the archive releases ?

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 15, 2018 17:30

kowalski

In Europe yes, but not in USA and Japan.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 15, 2018 20:52

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 16, 2018 10:21

Massimo68
kowalski

Totally Stripped was available as 4 BluRay + CD too.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 16, 2018 10:23

hockenheim95
Massimo68
kowalski

Totally Stripped was available as 4 BluRay + CD too.

Yes but it wasn't a "From the vault" collection release.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 16, 2018 11:06

Voodoo Lounge Uncut is NOT a From The Vault release.

And it is the 1st Stones related release to offer a BR+CD package in Europe.
Eagle Rock already released euopean BR+CD packages, but never for the Stones

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 16, 2018 13:12

Any sightings on more 'international' webshop pages yet?
How much (approx.) is 280 SKR?
And how about the actual tracklisting - has it yet been officialy confirmed it'll be the full, 'uncut' gig (on DVD/ Blu-ray) - rather than the original 17-song selection?
As far as I know (but I might have missed something...), we've only been speculating about that over here - rather taking our hopes & wishes (that I obviously share) for truth...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 16, 2018 13:29

Hope the sound is not muffled on this release.might skip it if it is.
Jeroen

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 16, 2018 13:44

SKILLS
I'm wondering why they have chosen Miami, they broadcast Rio in 95, Johannesburg in 95, Tokyo Dome in 95 all of which are great shows. Rio being epic, Maracana going bananas.

The ROIO/Vids are probably more loved anyway as they are i guess, although i'd love to see one of these at 60fps to enrich the texture of the footage

Johannesburg is a hot show and Tokyo is better than Miama - song for song. However, Miami is a great show and Stop Breaking Down is a great tracks from that tour.

The Halloween show was quite good too with a great Beast of Burden.

I'm glad to get any new release officially. The other shows will probably come in the future.

Having an audio product from these shows is really great since the audio rips from the videos are never as good as an official CD.

I've enjoyed the official Miami laseer disc for years!

Date: September 16, 2018 13:47

Stoneage
Love is Strong. Stones, maybe, last attempt to sound contemporary. Probably a Mick song. I know that many likes this song. I'm not one of those.

I'm sorry to hear this isn't a favorite song of your. I love it, especially the bridge.

Maybe if you play it more it will grow on you?

Great video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 16, 2018 13:51

Doc

[www.amazon.de]ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1537095045&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=totally+stripped&dpPl=1&dpID=61mH0I4nCjL&ref=plSrch

Date: September 16, 2018 13:53

Erik_Snow
Miami 1994.....it was a real letdown back in 94/95 when the bootlegs came out, due to the soundquality, the speech by Whoopy, the playing/mood (no mood) and the hopes I had, when reading the setlist in Basement News.
And I understand that New Orleans 1994 was ruined on the broadcast, due to some mistake by the engineers.....but why on earth broadcast Miami 1994 on the TV as it sound like it does?
Even though the band ain't exactly in overdrive, the official Voodoo Lounge Video from East Rutherford 1994 was the only one I ever gave more than 3 spins out of the first couple of 94/95 bootlegs.

Yeah, great show bad sound. VGP's Butt Naked was the best sounding version of New Orleans back then. I'm not sure if anything better has come along since then.

RS 1994 LIVE - 941010 NEW ORLEANS Butt Naked VGP-071

Date: September 16, 2018 14:01

henrik87
Hopefully it will be the New Jersey gig. A SBD/ProShot of I Can't Get Next To You is overdue!

There is a soundboard of "I Can't Get Next to You" around:

RS 1994 LIVE - 940814 E RUTHERFORD Welcome to the Voodoo Lounge GR 277-278

Welcome To The Voodoo Lounge (Godfather GR 277/278)

Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey, August 14, 1994

CD 1: Intro, Not Fade Away, Tumbling Dice, You Got Me Rocking, Shattered, Rocks Off, Sparks Will Fly, (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction, Beast Of Burden, Out Of Tears, Wild Horses, All Down The line, Miss You, Can’t Get Next To You, I Go Wild

CD 2: Band Introduction, Honky Tonk Women, Happy, The Worst, Voodoo Lounge Theme, Love Is Strong, Monkey Man, Start Me Up, It’s Only Rock And Roll, Street Fighting Man, Brown Sugar, Jumping Jack Flash. Bonus tracks, Ellis Park, Johannesburg, South Africa, February 25, 1995: It’s All Over Now, Live With Me, Slipping Away. RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C., August 1, 1994: Memory Motel, Hot Stuff, Before They Make Me Run

This professionally recorded New Jersey show at Giants Stadium was previously released on silver label issue on Bite The Big Apple (VGP-069), Giants Stadium 1994 (no label), and Sparks Will Fly (KTS 377) which was a single disc title.

The Stones played 4 shows in East Rutherford, New Jersey on 8/12, 8/14, 8/15 and 8/17 in 1994. Mick takes a tasteful turn on harmonica for the opener, “Not Fade Away” on G.R. 277/278. “Tumbling Dice” is given early billing here to follow and it works. “You Got Me Rocking” is a steady as she goes solid version at a jamming pace. Jagger is sharp on vocals with “Shattered” to easily match the steady rhythm beat. “Sparks Will Fly” offers a spirited longer rendition followed by another early infusion of “Satisfaction”.

Jagger laments: “We’re gonna slow things down now cause we know you’re out of breath” leading into “Beast Of Burden” at a measured tempo. Jagger retorts: “We’re gonna do a sadly romantic song” as the band delivers a strong “Out Of Tears” easily surpassing the studio track. A rare offering of “Wild Horses” is delivered with a rich melodic textured piano lead complemented by fine slide guitar. Richards’ harmonization becomes more apparent and audible on this track. “Miss You” is delivered at a slower and more defined pace with the highlight being a screaming horn lead mixed with a guitar lead jam. “Can’t Get Next To You” is played “Al Green Style”.

Ronnie sustains a nice long applause during “Band Introduction”. Charlie is introduced as: The godfather of anti-grunge”. And Mick, interestingly, introduces himself: “Thank you. My name is Mick”. A strong but short country-tinged rendition of “The Worst” is sung by Richards with flowing slide guitar that is smooth on this accomplished gem. The set list is varied with “Love Is Strong”, “Monkey Man”, “Start Me Up”, “It’s Only Rock And Roll” and “Street Fighting Man”. The set closes with an aggressive “Jumping Jack Flash”.

The first 3 bonus tracks from the 2-25-95 (incorrectly labeled 2-25-94) show in South Africa are excellent audience recordings with increased gain and enhanced vibrant audience feedback throughout. The tracks were delivered in a thunderous brisk pace. The other 3 bonus tracks are also excellent audience recordings. These 6 bonus tracks really fill the bill as they are reflective of rarely performed live tracks up to this point.

The Godfatherecords has assembled a fine package here with their usual flare for exquisite and tasteful tri-fold packaging with informative liner notes and compelling graphics. I would not hesitate to recommend G.R. 277/278 in particular as the definitive version of the August 14, 1994 show especially with the inclusion of the 6 bonus tracks in this gorgeous format.

Date: September 16, 2018 14:18

Rip This
Stoneage
Love is Strong. Stones, maybe, last attempt to sound contemporary. Probably a Mick song. I know that many likes this song. I'm not one of those.

Love KR version...I think its better than the finished VL version. Its def his song.

Very cool version, Love It but Mick makes it great! It shows what Mick adds to the band.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 16, 2018 14:23

Keiths version of Love is Strong is....Magnificent.
Hope to hear his version of One More Shot one day.
Jeroen

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: September 16, 2018 16:04

Uncut is a new collection or a brand

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 16, 2018 16:25

mick64

Yeah - a new Series: we'll get Paris Olympia 2003, Rio 2006 and so on now Uncut .... winking smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 16, 2018 16:53

Yes, I thought But naked was quite good. Much better than the first New Orleans boots.
When you go back to those better 94/95 boots you see how good the playin still was.

Date: September 16, 2018 17:02

Irix
mick64

Yeah - a new Series: we'll get Paris Olympia 2003, Rio 2006 and so on now Uncut .... winking smiley

And Atlantic City smiling smiley

Posted by: PSG ()
Date: September 16, 2018 19:05

I was at two of these shows in NJ and agree that Out of Tears was better live.

Also remember hearing the opening chords for Rocks Off - one of many high points, and Sympathy as I was a few rows in front of JFK Jr. and looked back as the verse regarding his father was sang.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-16 19:05 by PSG.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: September 17, 2018 07:30

hockenheim95
Doc

[www.amazon.de]ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1537095045&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=totally+stripped&dpPl=1&dpID=61mH0I4nCjL&ref=plSrch
The difference is that the Totally Stripped CD is a compilation of the Blu-ray Discs.
The Miami release is the first time there’s been a Blu/CD version in Europe with the entire performance included on CD.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home