Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28
Re: New dvd release: Voodoo Lounge Uncut
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 6, 2018 07:22

keefriff99
TheGreek
I remember reviews stating that Voodoo Lounge was a turn back the clock of a more vintage sound versus the more contemporary albums that came before it
It certainly is that. There was a tectonic shift in the music industry between 1989 and 1994. In '89, '60s and '70s bands were trying to sound modern, incorporating synths, drum machines, the latest studio gimmickry.

In 1994, MODERN bands, fueled by the grunge/alternative movement, were trying to sound like '60s and '70s bands, which freed the artists from that period up to sound more like themselves. Hence, the Stones could put out a somewhat retro-sounding album like Voodoo Lounge and be considered cool. In the '80s, that would have made them sound like outdated fossils.

To think that if they had done something that SOUNDED like VOODOO LOUNGE after UNDERCOVER... in the 1980s, it would've been huge.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 6, 2018 07:31

Yeah I agree and nobody would had questioned it for a second because it was the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 6, 2018 09:51

GasLightStreet
keefriff99
GasLightStreet
Stoneage
What I remember from the Miami ppv was the bad sound quality.

Keith's glorious destruction of his SFTD solo!
I remember noticing on the edited version of the Miami PPV that Keith walks up to the drum riser after his solo...he laughs and shrugs sheepishly as if to say "Oops".

I always wondered why he had that reaction...once I saw the UN-EDITED version of Sympathy, it ALL made sense, lol.

My all time favorite screw up by Keith. Just... brilliantly bad!

I did a quick search on Youtube for that, but nothing came up.
Anyone got a link? 'd lóve to see that (the unedited version, I mean smoking smiley )

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 6, 2018 15:04

RoughJusticeOnYa
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
GasLightStreet
Stoneage

I remember noticing on the edited version of the Miami PPV that Keith walks up to the drum riser after his solo...he laughs and shrugs sheepishly as if to say "Oops".

I always wondered why he had that reaction...once I saw the UN-EDITED version of Sympathy, it ALL made sense, lol.

Anyone got a link? 'd lóve to see that (the unedited version, I mean smoking smiley )
I can't find it anywhere...I remember seeing it a few years ago, and Keith did half the solo in the wrong key. It's really bad. The parts that were salvageable are on the official release.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 6, 2018 15:15

keefriff99
RoughJusticeOnYa
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
GasLightStreet
Stoneage

I can't find it anywhere...I remember seeing it a few years ago, and Keith did half the solo in the wrong key. It's really bad. The parts that were salvageable are on the official release.

Thx for trying anyway, Keefriff99 (P.S.: love that avatar btw smoking smiley ) - I appreciate it! smileys with beer

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 6, 2018 15:39

RoughJusticeOnYa
keefriff99
RoughJusticeOnYa
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
GasLightStreet
Stoneage

Thx for trying anyway, Keefriff99 (P.S.: love that avatar btw smoking smiley ) - I appreciate it! smileys with beer

Maybe this has the Sympathy solo uncut - I can't remember but the DVD cover does say 'complete'.......scroll down for new links...... [iorr.org]

Date: September 6, 2018 15:44

Those links don't seem intact.

This is the edited version:

[www.youtube.com]

His edited solo sounds great here, but there's a whole section that's just a mess on the raw feed.

Date: September 6, 2018 15:50

keefriff99

[www.youtube.com]

His edited solo sounds great here, but there's a whole section that's just a mess on the raw feed.

Did you scroll down to the 'Mega' links........Irix has said use Google Chrome or Opera but I just tired using Firefox and they seem ok..........

Date: September 6, 2018 15:53

EddieByword
keefriff99

[www.youtube.com]

Did you scroll down to the 'Mega' links........Irix has said use Google Chrome or Opera but I just tired using Firefox and they seem ok..........
Well, I'm at work, so I guess the links are blocked. I'll try later today when I'm home, haha.

Date: September 6, 2018 15:59

keefriff99
EddieByword
keefriff99

[www.youtube.com]

Well, I'm at work, so I guess the links are blocked. I'll try later today when I'm home, haha.

Ok,,,, good luck later......

Posted by: BOW2007 ()
Date: September 7, 2018 11:51

Voodoo Lounge was a great tour. Anything from that tour is welcome.
The stadium concerts from 94 in the USA where different from those in Europe 95. They had better setlist in the USA.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: September 7, 2018 19:50

when they will announce the formats and contents

Date: September 7, 2018 21:18

mick64

Check out page 5.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 7, 2018 22:05

DandelionPowderman
mick64

Check out page 5.

Looks like it'll be released Friday, 16-Nov-2018: [iorr.org] .

DVD+2CD: [CDON.fi] , [www.Bengans.se] .

BluRay+2CD: [CDON.fi] , [www.Bengans.se] .

3LP-Vinyl (Limited=Colored?): [CDON.fi] , [www.imusic.dk] , [www.Bengans.se] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-15 17:00 by Irix.

Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: September 11, 2018 13:28

San Jose 99 was announced 2 months and 3 days before the premiere, the same Ole Ole Ole DVD (always on Thursday). Perhaps VL Uncut will be the same. If so, it could be this Thursday.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 11, 2018 14:19

Does anyone keep hold of their old VHS tapes when these shows get officially re-released? I do. Not sure why as I haven't had a VHS player for years.

Date: September 11, 2018 14:36

Father Ted
Does anyone keep hold of their old VHS tapes when these shows get officially re-released? I do. Not sure why as I haven't had a VHS player for years.

I do indeed (need a new player as well smiling smiley ).

But this time we'll get the complete show from Miami. Looking forward to that!

Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: September 11, 2018 15:36

My VHS tape version smiling smiley

Date: September 11, 2018 17:34

DandelionPowderman
Father Ted

I do indeed (need a new player as well smiling smiley ).

But this time we'll get the complete show from Miami. Looking forward to that!

It'll be good to see the complete VL show again after so many years. I think I have a complete show from Japan on DVD, like a massive 27 song set!

Date: September 11, 2018 17:34

Krzysztof

thumbs up In great condition for its age.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 11, 2018 18:22

Father Ted
Krzysztof

thumbs up In great condition for its age.

Yeah, but it's not rewound...A fine at Blockbuster (ha ha)

Freak'n Blockbuster what a pack of corporate loons they were, "Hey were Netflix want to buy us? aah Nah were good"

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 11, 2018 18:30

Be Kind, Rewind

A great movie that now needs an explanation before showing it to millenials

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 11, 2018 20:55

I have the same VHS but with a black paper sleeve. I bought it at the gig (Stockholm, 1995). It was cheaper than the t-shirts if I remember right...

Date: September 11, 2018 21:03

I've gotten rid of all my VHS tapes. I hate clutter and hanging onto things for too long, so they're all gone.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 11, 2018 23:12

Stoneage
I have the same VHS but with a black paper sleeve. I bought it at the gig (Stockholm, 1995). It was cheaper than the t-shirts if I remember right...

No, that was a different one, the New Jersey recording, which was only sold at the stadiums.

Date: September 12, 2018 00:09

Stoneage

Maybe that's why we had so very different opinions of the sound - because it was a different show?

Come to think of it, you didn't really praise the It's All Over Now-clip from Miami, either smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 12, 2018 00:13

The sound on the Miami gig was bad. Murky and muffled. The sound on the New Jersey tape was slightly better. My honest opinion.

Date: September 12, 2018 15:16

keefriff99
I've gotten rid of all my VHS tapes. I hate clutter and hanging onto things for too long, so they're all gone.

I'm just loathe to get rid of my Neil Young 'Weld' VHS as its never had a DVD release. O

Date: September 12, 2018 15:43

Father Ted
keefriff99

I'm just loathe to get rid of my Neil Young 'Weld' VHS as its never had a DVD release. O
I get it...I'm sure there's a ton of rare stuff that people own that was never converted to newer formats.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 12, 2018 16:21

I tossed all my VHS tapes too, except for a promo of Love is Strong and 1990 Spain special, close to my heart. Too much clutter is right, never going to use them.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home