Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones Andrew's Blues ( song for Andrew ) 7" vinyl
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 14, 2018 23:57

Released: June 2018
Artist: The Rolling Stones
Title: Andrew’s Blues
Catalogue number: KFC0030 (KFU001)
UPC: 4250928335968
Label: Kutmusic

Unreleased for over 50 years: a legal publication of two remastered, unreleased recordings by The Rolling Stones.

These two recordings were made on February 4th, 1964 at Regent Sound Studios in London. The band was joined by singer/songwriter Gene Pitney (who provides vocals), Graham Nash and Allan Clarke (from The Hollies) and record producer Phil Spector. The B side is an instrumental track from the same session.

The full story of these recordings was told by the website Dangerous Minds, which quotes from a Bill Wyman autobiography (Stone Alone: The Story of a Rock ‘n’ Roll Band):

We’d become friendly with Phil Spector and attended a star-studded party in his honour thrown by Decca a week earlier; so he continued the friendship by dropping in our recording. Graham Nash and Allan Clarke of the Hollies also came and later Gene Pitney arrived direct from the airport, with duty-free cognac. It was his birthday, and his family custom was that everyone had to drink a whole glass. Pitney played piano while Spector and the Hollies played tambourine and maracas and banged coins on empty bottles. We recorded three songs, ‘Little by Little,’ ‘Can I Get a Witness’ and ‘Now I’ve Got a Witness,’ which we invented on the spot. The session then degenerated into silliness, but everybody had a great time cutting ‘Andrew’s Blues’ and ‘Spector and Pitney Came Too’-—both of which were very rude.

This release is fully compliant with the current European Directive on Copyright.

[www.kutmusic.com]

Re: The Rolling Stones Andrew's Blues ( song for Andrew ) 7" vinyl
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 15, 2018 00:06

Both of which have circulated on boots for years.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Re: The Rolling Stones Andrew's Blues ( song for Andrew ) 7" vinyl
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: August 15, 2018 18:44

I've investigated the company: it's a long time and serious label, legally acting in italy and with a Beatles CD-single in their on-line catalogue. You can get the new (June 2018) single via Amazon and other sites. The single is quite cheap and is selling fast: no need to say, I've just bought it. This seems to be the time of so-called parallel issues: I've just bought a UK single: 'Jagger '67'.
Bye, Luca

PS: thanks for revealing this issue, I had missed it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-15 18:44 by 1963luca0.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1626
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home