Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Rolling Stones took all my energy
Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: August 16, 2018 09:53

Yes, must be a recognizable feeling for many diehard fans.
Take care BV.

We must be thankful Stones shows are different and more lively than other "auto piloted" shows that some other artists bring.

I've seen Roger Waters too and enjoyed his show but I prefer...

...THE STONES...

Let it rock!

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: August 16, 2018 10:10

I understand and I certainly understand that nothing comes close to the Stones.

They didn't took my energy but after Warsaw I had an 'empty' feeling; really was getting used to be in the plane every 2 or 3 days, travelling somewhere, checking in the hotel, meeting friends from all over the world for coffee, lunch and/or dinner, bit sightseeing and on top of all that: a great rock 'n roll show.
Now, 5 weeks after the last show, still enjoying all the magic moments and feel very privilleged that I could have witnessed all this.
Can't wait to see them next year.....

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 16, 2018 10:38

They are a dangerous band.
You've had unique, and close, exposure over long periods of compacted time.
You are correct to be concerned.
I don't want to alarm you.
But others in that position have not done 'so well' over time.
Be careful dammit.

ok my dry humor is dry of actual humor, forgive...gave it a shot,
but do respect your relationship to them as a hard world-wide traveller
over years and years. wow so cool.

i wont delete this section that follows, but itz dumb.

----

I've been thinking about this.
There might be some simple ways to start a,
not a detox, I'm not ewen going there, trust me,
but to...shall we say, sharpen our time-management skill-sets in various arenas?
Ok, bad choice of words.
in various manners. like subject manners.
not arenas.
(as if, those pirates).
I'm surpizsed they haven't booked one of the oceans by now;
and just had anyone in a close boat torpedoed, if they didn't wire in a LOT of cash.
Let's face it. That's mercenary money, if they wanted to go that way.
Hey, I'm not getting banned for this or anything, am I?
whew, good.
ixnay on at thay....(you think YOU had a tough tour?)
I was lone lurker begging strangers for periscope links.
I have reviews for most of those stops and no one hears shit if you can't post.
You think YOU run out of energy!!? come on BV.
you were at Fonda, right?
I saw all your pictures, man.
Sorta brought it on yourself there dincha?
You DESERVE to be exhausted. the end.

----------------------------------------
ty for putting up with the bad humor; tho, jealous about the SF show RIGHT HERE
that I missed; you way deserve all the special access because you promote,
and protect the band, and give room for such diverse and dedicated fans.
i love to kid around sometimes, but am really grateful that you put this together; it's been a huge ongoing education.
I don't know how you do it; as travel wears me out; plus I guess, in addition
to the all cool closeness you get seeing them with their hair-down at checks and all those personal encounters...
..but you'd have to be, and are, extremely sensitive to their off=stage working flow, to be encouraged like this; not merely tolerated for a quick quote or PR type stage pic....
...and I'm sure such carefulness, respect and hyper-awareness; tho fun,
must also be a real workout on the nervous system.
... it's so cool; you can see Mick giving you 'the shot' sometimes, and thank you for all this; take care.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-19 04:14 by hopkins.

Date: August 16, 2018 13:09

I totally agree with the sentiments eloquently expressed here regarding coming down after each Stones tour. It can be difficult to explain to friends who are not fans, or only casual fans, why we go to multiple shows and multiple tours. The gig itself is the culmination of the few days spent having fun catching up with other fans, seeing the sights and soaking up the atmosphere in whichever city we find ourselves.
Maybe the Stones are wrong and it isn't ONLY rock n roll, but a hell of a lot more!

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: August 17, 2018 11:25

Unfortunately I had the same feeling after my 1st show LA 1972: what the hell could ever top this????.... Thankfully for all of us they’ve kept going since !!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 17, 2018 11:48

In my opinion the concert is the reason, but the event is sometimes more important. Like meeting people and enjoying traveling to several cities. Lately I chose to see concerts in cities I haven't seen yet. That way it's more bang for the buck. Been doing this for a while now. Overall I would say this is a celebration of music and life shared between us.

Date: August 17, 2018 12:00

frankotero
In my opinion the concert is the reason, but the event is sometimes more important. Like meeting people and enjoying traveling to several cities. Lately I chose to see concerts in cities I haven't seen yet. That way it's more bang for the buck. Been doing this for a while now. Overall I would say this is a celebration of music and life shared between us.

Agreed! It's a great experience thumbs up

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: August 17, 2018 22:40

bv

Always after tours, I am out of energy. I can bike around like a zombie, I can do my shopping and all the regular stuff, like garden work and daytime work, but anything extra, like going to a concert, going on a holiday, anything else than just hanging around in the sofa, it's just a drag.

Normally, when there are no tours, I am everywhere. When the Stones did not tour, during 2009-2012, I climbed Kilimanjaro six times. Biking and running races every week-end. I am loaded with energy normally. But not now.

The Rolling Stones took all my energy. I hope it will be back in time for the next tour.

Try being less obsessive about this all. Stones shows should be relaxing and enjoying. For you it is not anymore, it's an obsession I believe. The world will still be there when you miss a Stones show, Maybe it's time to step down a bit. Listen to your body! Your family will appreciate it. Take care!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 17, 2018 22:45

DandelionPowderman
frankotero

Agreed! It's a great experience thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: August 18, 2018 00:17

Time for some Rarities to get us through the long dark winter 'til the next tour I think!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 19, 2018 14:09

Manofwealthandtaste
I totally agree with the sentiments eloquently expressed here regarding coming down after each Stones tour. It can be difficult to explain to friends who are not fans, or only casual fans, why we go to multiple shows and multiple tours. The gig itself is the culmination of the few days spent having fun catching up with other fans, seeing the sights and soaking up the atmosphere in whichever city we find ourselves.
Maybe the Stones are wrong and it isn't ONLY rock n roll, but a hell of a lot more!

In my case,Spot on. My 1st Show abroad was Paris 1998, a show I only attended due to the postponement of the U.K. shows planned for the same Summer. Until then, I’d been a U.K. shows only fan. I love travelling and the Stones so why not combine them? I’ve been doing just that for 20 years and counting. Only in the last 6 have I met other members of this board in person and at multiple shows.

Friends, family and work colleagues struggle to get the multiple gigs and tours thing but never mind. My parents, a similar age to the band joined me at Paris 2007 and my sister at Coventry this year (Pit!)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home