Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425
Current Page: 25 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Date: February 4, 2019 17:35

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
They are sore losers and whiners. They didn’t care about the bad calls in the Vikings vs saints nfc champion game that favored them and helped them win but now they are up in arms over this. Don’t make me post the espn crew showing you 5 missed or bad calls from that game that helped the saints each time

that's fine. about a decade ago even ignoring bountygate that Gregg Williams testified under oath happened, there were a bevy of blown calls that favored the saints and even saints fan I know said "the refs are human can't get it right all the time ". now this time they refs got it wrong and it hurt the saints and its the biggest conspiracy in the history of sports.

Date: February 4, 2019 17:41

stickyfingers101
the world got the (totally lame) game it deserved.

the Shams shouldn't even be there....so, they managed 3 points. Justice

the Cheatriots are the biggest cheaters in sports....and their star player and drug-cheat, Julian Edelman was MVP. Typical.

thank god I watched Puppy Bowl and went to bed at 8:30pm....

Fluff won (over Ruff) and my favorite dog (the one from Puerto Rico) got adopted....

now on to horrible one-and-done, absurdly corrupt NCAA basketball...brick, brick, brick...

sports are really on the decline in this country.

the rams aren't responsible for the refs mistake. the earned the right to be there same as if the saints had won in OT

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 4, 2019 18:32

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
They are sore losers and whiners. They didn’t care about the bad calls in the Vikings vs saints nfc champion game that favored them and helped them win but now they are up in arms over this. Don’t make me post the espn crew showing you 5 missed or bad calls from that game that helped the saints each time

that's fine. about a decade ago even ignoring bountygate that Gregg Williams testified under oath happened, there were a bevy of blown calls that favored the saints and even saints fan I know said "the refs are human can't get it right all the time ". now this time they refs got it wrong and it hurt the saints and its the biggest conspiracy in the history of sports.

Robey-Coleman’s greatest moment of his career - not being called for a penalty.

One good thing about the Saints blowing a 13 point lead - at least it wasn't in the Super Bowl filled with smack like the moronic Cantlanta Falcants players.

Date: February 4, 2019 22:24

Drew Brees talking about what happened. Even he knew that, non-call aside, they should've done more to not be in that position to lose.

[www.nola.com]

Date: February 5, 2019 04:53

So I was wrong about the Patriots playing the Saints this year. I thought that they had...maybe next year in the Super Bowl.

I loved yesterday's game. I love big defenses just walloping each other. I had more fun watching number 54 (Dante Hightower) than any other player. Of course, Stephen Gilmore and Huron made key plays. And who can forget about Edelman and his 141 yards. That guy was on fire. I loved that one-two punch of Brady firing it to Gronkowski for 20 yards at the end that set up the Sony Michel touchdown. I don't understand why some people thought it was a snoozer. The Patriots defense were well prepared, and it showed. That first Brady interception made me nervous.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 5, 2019 15:05

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
the world got the (totally lame) game it deserved.

the Shams shouldn't even be there....so, they managed 3 points. Justice

the Cheatriots are the biggest cheaters in sports....and their star player and drug-cheat, Julian Edelman was MVP. Typical.

thank god I watched Puppy Bowl and went to bed at 8:30pm....

Fluff won (over Ruff) and my favorite dog (the one from Puerto Rico) got adopted....

now on to horrible one-and-done, absurdly corrupt NCAA basketball...brick, brick, brick...

sports are really on the decline in this country.

the rams aren't responsible for the refs mistake. the earned the right to be there same as if the saints had won in OT

I didn't say they were responsible. They benefited from a horrible call at the best/worst possible time. In a "just" world, they shouldn't be there, so it seems rather "just" that they only managed 3 points and lost the next game.

Same thing happened to my HS Basketball team. We won the 1/4-Finals on the Worst Call Ever (no, seriously...ever)....and promptly lost Semi-Finals by 25 points. I have no problem calling it "just" that we lost...we didn't deserve to be there.

If we had gone on to win States, I would still feel it was somewhat of a "joke"...I felt it then, I feel it now (and I'm old now).

Not sure what the solution is, but I think the MFL is rigged anyway, so I don't think they really want a "solution" in the name of fairness....they only want entertainment. And "bad calls" (and subsequent anger/debate) is a form of entertainment (which is why the WWE has "villains").

The NFL loves that people still talk about the bad calls days/weeks/months later...it keeps their product in the news.

It's precisely why they've rigged so many games for the Patriots and Tom Brady...he/they are the most loved/hated team ever. They are Hulk Hogan and the Iron Sheik and Andre the Giant all rolled into one. Perfect marketing device....love? hate? doesn't matter...just watch.

If it's not rigged, then Instant Replay has ruined football.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 5, 2019 15:19

Claiming the NFL is rigged is a ridiculous assertion. Goodell and the Patriots have a HIGHLY antagonistic relationship dating back to "Deflategate"...the last thing Goodell ever wants to do again is hand the Lombardi Trophy to Bob Kraft.

Ratings were down in this Super Bowl precisely because the non-Patriots fanbase has an EXTREME case of Patriots fatigue, so everything about your "theory" fails to hold water.

Date: February 5, 2019 15:22

a final score of 3-13 does not mean the rams shouldn't have been in the game and the "ball don't lie" theory was proven

the saints won almost a decade ago that they shouldn't have been in because of several bad OT calls .

Date: February 5, 2019 18:54

Date: February 5, 2019 19:24

GasLightStreet

what does that mean? ucla under wooden won multiple championships using players who received impermissible benefits and the titles were never vacated

Date: February 5, 2019 20:06

keefriffhard4life
a final score of 3-13 does not mean the rams shouldn't have been in the game and the "ball don't lie" theory was proven

the saints won almost a decade ago that they shouldn't have been in because of several bad OT calls .

come on, dude. I'm not THAT stupid. I don't believe in "Ball don't Lie" or that the universe wastes its time on stupid entertainment-games. I'm just having fun and talking smack.

sure, they "should" be there b/c bad calls are bad calls and that's the way it goes....agreed.

I'll rephrase...it's a JOKE that the Shams were there b/c that missed-call was a JOKE (it was actually 2 missed calls on the same play by the "best refs in the NFL" who were all of 2 feet away)....

and the Shams SB performance was a JOKE, too

maybe the Universe didn't connect all that together....

but, maybe it did???? cosmic, duuuuuuuude.....far out!!!

oh...and you are dead-wrong about Kraft and Goodell...here they are in JERUSALEM together in 2017....BFFs 4-Evah!

[www.cbssports.com]

Date: February 5, 2019 20:10

stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life

come on, dude. I'm not THAT stupid. I don't believe in "Ball don't Lie" or that the universe wastes its time on stupid entertainment-games. I'm just having fun and talking smack.

sure, they "should" be there b/c bad calls are bad calls and that's the way it goes....agreed.

I'll rephrase...it's a JOKE that the Shams were there b/c that missed-call was a JOKE (it was actually 2 missed calls on the same play by the "best refs in the NFL" who were all of 2 feet away)....

oh...and you are dead-wrong about Kraft and Goodell...here they are in JERUSALEM together in 2017....BFFs 4-Evah!

[www.cbssports.com]

go look I made no comment at all about Kraft and Goodell anywhere in this thread

Date: February 5, 2019 20:20

ps. Goodell cares about his fat paycheck and that is all.

would YOU honestly care who you handed the trophy too if you made $40m a year to do it?

not me! I'll give Asaad the Peace Prize 10 years in a row if I get $40m a year to do it....and smile the whole time they boo me for it.

pps. It's rigged. Follow the Vegas lines. Nobody is that accurate. Nobody.

I just wish they'd fix it for the Browns every now and then. Go Browns!

Date: February 5, 2019 20:21

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life

[www.cbssports.com]

go look I made no comment at all about Kraft and Goodell anywhere in this thread

mixed you up w/ the other KeefRiff dude.

my bad.

Date: February 5, 2019 20:42

keefriff99
Claiming the NFL is rigged is a ridiculous assertion. Goodell and the Patriots have a HIGHLY antagonistic relationship dating back to "Deflategate"...the last thing Goodell ever wants to do again is hand the Lombardi Trophy to Bob Kraft.

Ratings were down in this Super Bowl precisely because the non-Patriots fanbase has an EXTREME case of Patriots fatigue, so everything about your "theory" fails to hold water.

Superbowl ratings/viewing are a drop of water in the ocean of what is NFL sales/profits etc.

They got the advertisers, didn't they? That means the NFL got their money whether anybody watched it or not.

Perhaps they'll have to change their formula NEXT year if Patriot's Fatigue lowers ADVERTISING interest.

ALL the NFL cares about when it comes to TV is advertising dollars (just like every other show on TV).

Certain shows get cancelled if the advertising money drops (linked to viewership). So, maybe Patriot Fatigue will result in No More Pats SBs in teh future...I sure hope so.

As for the rest, I live in MA. The Patriots gear is flying off the shelves here.

so yes, there is Patriots Fatigue among Non-Pats Fans. Agreed. That does NOT mean they are not profitable. Pats fans are buying/eating this crap up left and right.

If you wanna believe the NFL isn't rigged and the Vegas Bookmakers are just "that good," that's OK w/ me...enjoy.

Date: February 5, 2019 21:11

There were more Saints fans at Boycott Bowl aka Blackout And Gold, than Rams fans at the Super Bowl.

No surprise since the Rams fan base isn't much bigger than a high skool football team.

The Shams. Ha ha. 3 points.

Sham Bowl. Super Bowl LIE.

Way too easy.

I don't think it will be long when the NFL stops making so much money. Viewership based on ratings is not realistic. Broadcast TV (CBS, NBC, FOX) that is on cable is what the NFL makes the most of their money on - and they're probably going to have less and less commercials due to more people not having cable, because the advertisers will know this and not waste their money.

It will end, the way it is and has been for the last 15 years or so. It's changing. And not in a good way for that overpaid idiot Roger Goodell.

Date: February 5, 2019 22:25

I'm sure the rams smaller fanbase has nothing to do with the city of St Louis was upset when the team left and the state they are in currently having 4 NFL teams now eye rolling smiley

Date: February 5, 2019 23:27

The city of St Louis didn't live up to it's arrangement with the team. Although the Rams started in Cleveland, they'd been in LA since 1946 until 1994. The reason they left L.A. is the same reason they left St Louis - a bunk stadium deal.

The fact that their fan base dwindled to hardly anything before they left for St Louis probably helped.

The Rams owners wanted to move back, not because of the fans, but because of the owner's stake in some land. All of the team owners approved the move.

Unhappy owners get what they want. Higher ups were happy to be in that market.

As with everything in the NFL, although not always with a team, it's only about money. With such a miserable fan base in L.A., the NFL ie Goodell, could force them to move back to San Diego.

The Chargers are now back where they started, they claimed 25% of their fan base was in L.A., even though it seems no one in L.A. wanted or wants them. Their move also involved unhappy owners with a stadium.

Both teams in a city of 13 million people or whatever it is have poor fan support. Making the Super Bowl or winning one probably won't fix that.

[fivethirtyeight.com]

Date: February 7, 2019 07:19

You guys won nothing. You were screwed. Why brag about being raped? More than anything, screw the Pittsburgh Losers.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 07:21 by charlesbaudelaire.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 7, 2019 20:26

The Superbowl, a game in neutral territory, did anyone notice there were hardly any Rams fans present? The crowd sounded like a New England home game, also when the cameras scanned the crown I saw maybe one person wearing Rams colors for ever 20 people wearing Patriot's colors.

Date: February 10, 2019 04:11

It's because L.A. is not a football town. It's far too casual. Now Boston is another story. Then again, there are tons of Patriots fans in California who grew up watching them and rooting for them as they lost game after game. I still love Steve Grogan. I guess that he plays mandolin these days.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

P.S. I'd love to see the Steelers and the Broncos have a baby together. Boy, would it be ugly!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425
Current Page: 25 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2050
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home