Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 24 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Date: February 3, 2019 19:45

It won't be enough. Pats 33 Rams 27

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 3, 2019 20:00

There's still talk of the Saints?

Lol............................................yesterdays papers....

Win or lose today, L.A. has had an excellent season for the most part, and I hope they kick the crap out of Brady/New England. winking smiley

I remember the days of Roman Gabriel...Deacon Jones.......Merlin Olson...etc.,...great players...never hit the ultimate big time...driftin' back....seems a long time ago...and it was...50 yr's ago

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 3, 2019 20:25

The Rams have an amazing team...they are so stacked with talent, it isn't even funny.

I'm rooting for the Pats obviously, but there would be no shame in losing to this Rams team.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 3, 2019 22:00

ok - I think I've l got it - Rams 24-10. Referees will be overly cautious in this game. The Rams will want to keep the Pats off the field. short passes and a soft pat defense. the nervous team is n.e.

Date: February 3, 2019 22:59

keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII
charlesbaudelaire
I just don't see it. You make some good points about the AFC East, especially the Bills. Miami has New England's number when the Pats play them at Joe Robbie. The Pats just don't beat the Dolphins often. The impressive thing about the Patriots two defeats of the KC Chiefs was the last one, which was played in a very hostile and loud Arrowhead Stadium. I just don't see the Pats losing here...I could be wrong because anything's possible. Good discussion. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

Here's the skinny on what happened to the Pats this year: we lost to teams with less than .500 records (exception to Pittsburgh which was actually a good time this year I thought), but we did win against teams like this: Saints, Bears, and the Chiefs in the regular season.

What is everybody eating for tomorrow? I'm going for two lobster rolls with sweet potato fries and mayonnaise. Maybe I'll have a soda but I stay away from those things mostly because they're so bad for you.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

"If that guy doesn't cool it, then..."
Keith Richards at Altamont.

Not to extend the argument but,the Patriots did not play the Saints this year. That game was near the beginning of the 2017 season.

No AFC team will ever play both the Saints and the Bears in the same season unless one of them is in the Super Bowl ..... or unless the rotating schedule formula is changed.

Teams play all of the teams in ONE division from the opposite conference. This year,the NFC teams that New Englnd played were Green Bay,the Chicago Bears,the Minnesota Vikings, and the Detroit Lions. The NFC North division.

And Miami usually beats New England in Miami but,still almost never contends for the division championship ..... 15 years running. One exception was the year Brady went down with an injury.

the 2 randoms are always AFC teams if you play in the AFC and NFC if you play in the NFC?

Yes. Those 2 games are determined by the prior year's standings.

In the case of any team,you play all four teams in one AFC division,all four teams in one NFC division,six games in your own division,and the other two against the the two teams from the other divisions in your SAME conference which are not the division that you are playing all four teams.

If you finish in 1st place in your division,you play the other 2 first place teams from the prior year in the same conference.

2nd place,you play the other 2 second place teams from your conference.

If that makes sense. It has been that way since they went to 8 divisions. I believe it started for the 2002/2003 season. It was somewhat similar back when there were 6 divisions with more teams but,not as fixed in .... without getting into those more complex details of the old way.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 3, 2019 23:03

I have $100 on the Rams. Not confident and didn't want to do the bet, but this'll make a game I'm otherwise not too interested in exciting. I'm not a Patriots fan, but I don't hate them and am constantly impressed. Its sacriligeous for me to say in NY but there's a part of me that wants Tom Brady to win 6 super bowls. If he doesn't do it tonight, he will in the future, and thats awesome cause he is amazing. And this team in the playoffs have been dynamite. Hate them all you want, but they make shit exciting and you can never count them out.

I'm firmly rooting for the Rams, and hoping to be $100 richer by the end of the night, but if the Pats pull this off, as I suspect they probably will, good on em. They're a hell of an organization. Not really the proper football spirit but what can I say, I can't hate a teams thats just that good. Even if they sometimes cheat.

Date: February 3, 2019 23:16

Winning Ugly VXII
keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII
charlesbaudelaire
I just don't see it. You make some good points about the AFC East, especially the Bills. Miami has New England's number when the Pats play them at Joe Robbie. The Pats just don't beat the Dolphins often. The impressive thing about the Patriots two defeats of the KC Chiefs was the last one, which was played in a very hostile and loud Arrowhead Stadium. I just don't see the Pats losing here...I could be wrong because anything's possible. Good discussion. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

Here's the skinny on what happened to the Pats this year: we lost to teams with less than .500 records (exception to Pittsburgh which was actually a good time this year I thought), but we did win against teams like this: Saints, Bears, and the Chiefs in the regular season.

What is everybody eating for tomorrow? I'm going for two lobster rolls with sweet potato fries and mayonnaise. Maybe I'll have a soda but I stay away from those things mostly because they're so bad for you.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Not to extend the argument but,the Patriots did not play the Saints this year. That game was near the beginning of the 2017 season.

No AFC team will ever play both the Saints and the Bears in the same season unless one of them is in the Super Bowl ..... or unless the rotating schedule formula is changed.

Teams play all of the teams in ONE division from the opposite conference. This year,the NFC teams that New Englnd played were Green Bay,the Chicago Bears,the Minnesota Vikings, and the Detroit Lions. The NFC North division.

And Miami usually beats New England in Miami but,still almost never contends for the division championship ..... 15 years running. One exception was the year Brady went down with an injury.

the 2 randoms are always AFC teams if you play in the AFC and NFC if you play in the NFC?

In the case of any team,you play all four teams in one AFC division,all four teams in one NFC division,six games in your own division,and the other two against the the two teams from the other divisions in your SAME conference which are not the division that you are playing all four teams.

If you finish in 1st place in your division,you play the other 2 first place teams from the prior year in the same conference.

If that makes sense. It has been that way since they went to 8 divisions. I believe it started for the 2002/2003 season. It was somewhat similar back when there were 6 divisions with more teams but,not as fixed in .... without getting into those more complex details of the old way.

it makes sense. I knew you had your 6 division games and then an AFC and NFC division which is 14 games. I never noticed that the 2 random games were always AFC if you were AFC and NFC if you were NFC. that's the part that got me. I just looked at the jet schedule and sure enough the odd games out are always AFC teams

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 3, 2019 23:31

keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII
keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII
charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

it makes sense. I knew you had your 6 division games and then an AFC and NFC division which is 14 games. I never noticed that the 2 random games were always AFC if you were AFC and NFC if you were NFC. that's the part that got me. I just looked at the jet schedule and sure enough the odd games out are always AFC teams

parity baby! smoking smiley

Date: February 4, 2019 00:12

Hope you're feeling better today, crholmstrom.

Date: February 4, 2019 00:58

keefriff99
Hope you're feeling better today, crholmstrom.

Thanks keefriff99. It is what it is. I should be able to stand work tomorrow, which is about best I can hope for right now. Getting ready to watch the big game. Will be booing both teams, haha. Enjoy the game! smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 4, 2019 01:18

Like most, rooting for the Rams in today's game, but actually not that vested one way or another.

While in Vegas, in searching for something to bet on to make it interesting, I put $20 down on the 150-1 odds of there being no touchdowns scored in the game.
Probably lose it in the first quarter, but on the improbable chance the game ends up being a defensive battle with all field goals,
the bet turns into $3000 cool smiley

Date: February 4, 2019 02:32

Weird game so far...both teams look tight and tentative. Defenses are playing real well though.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 4, 2019 03:39

This is historic! Sure, nothing is happening. That's obvious.
The thing is it's happening all the time, get it?
I knew you would.
it never stops.
not happening.

Date: February 4, 2019 03:56

comment from AV Club site:

This game is about as exciting as watching flies f*ck.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 4, 2019 04:19

It's all in the fine details, and so fine are these details that only one out of a million people can appreciate them.

Date: February 4, 2019 04:21

Lol, pretty much. What the HELL is going on?

Date: February 4, 2019 04:48

Belichick's defense was UNREAL. Where was this all season?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 4, 2019 05:09

MisterDDDD

While in Vegas, in searching for something to bet on to make it interesting, I put $20 down on the 150-1 odds of there being no touchdowns scored in the game.
Probably lose it in the first quarter, but on the improbable chance the game ends up being a defensive battle with all field goals,

Was 7:00 minutes away from victory on the bet ..
Longest amount of time in SB history before a touchdown was scored.

Was worth the money just to make this most boring of Super Bowls worth watching cool smiley

Date: February 4, 2019 05:14

MisterDDDD
MisterDDDD

Was 7:00 minutes away from victory on the bet ..
Longest amount of time in SB history before a touchdown was scored.

Was worth the money just to make this most boring of Super Bowls worth watching cool smiley
Ha, for sure! That would have been super impressive.

Date: February 4, 2019 05:31

you could feel that might be the end of an era in football. within 2 years eli, brees, brady, big ben and rivers will join romo, peyton and others in retirement

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 4, 2019 07:03

Oh well... So much for the Rams. We have one consolation - We live in Los Angeles....

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 4, 2019 11:47

Gladys Knight nailed the Star Spangled Banner.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 4, 2019 15:43

Chris Fountain
Gladys Knight nailed the Star Spangled Banner.

best thing about the whole game.

Date: February 4, 2019 15:46

She sounded amazing for 74 years old. Great pitch and vocal control.

Date: February 4, 2019 16:17

keefriff99
She sounded amazing for 74 years old. Great pitch and vocal control.

was it live or recorded live earlier in the day in an empty stadium and played back? I mean either way it was live at some point that day

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 4, 2019 16:32

keefriffhard4life
They are sore losers and whiners. They didn’t care about the bad calls in the Vikings vs saints nfc champion game that favored them and helped them win but now they are up in arms over this. Don’t make me post the espn crew showing you 5 missed or bad calls from that game that helped the saints each time

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 4, 2019 16:35

Hairball
There's still talk of the Saints?

Lol............................................yesterdays papers....

It is but considering the weight of it it's really about how the NFL arrogantly chooses to not see things, like the biggest no-call in the history of the game.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 4, 2019 16:52

the world got the (totally lame) game it deserved.

the Shams shouldn't even be there....so, they managed 3 points. Justice

the Cheatriots are the biggest cheaters in sports....and their star player and drug-cheat, Julian Edelman was MVP. Typical.

thank god I watched Puppy Bowl and went to bed at 8:30pm....

Fluff won (over Ruff) and my favorite dog (the one from Puerto Rico) got adopted....

now on to horrible one-and-done, absurdly corrupt NCAA basketball...brick, brick, brick...

sports are really on the decline in this country.

Date: February 4, 2019 17:02

Edelman looks like he's still using PEDs for sure. His arms just look disproportionately jacked and vascular.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 4, 2019 17:20

stickyfingers101
the world got the (totally lame) game it deserved.

the Shams shouldn't even be there....so, they managed 3 points. Justice

the Cheatriots are the biggest cheaters in sports....and their star player and drug-cheat, Julian Edelman was MVP. Typical.

thank god I watched Puppy Bowl and went to bed at 8:30pm....

Fluff won (over Ruff) and my favorite dog (the one from Puerto Rico) got adopted....

now on to horrible one-and-done, absurdly corrupt NCAA basketball...brick, brick, brick...

sports are really on the decline in this country.

Yup, we pulled the wool over the NFL again!! Cheatriots, I like that.....will wear that hoodie with pride. yeah baby

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 24 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home