Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 21 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 23, 2019 08:15

keefriff99
I like both Brees and Rodgers...both of them should have 2-3 rings.

This Patriots era reminds me of the '90s Jordan-era in the NBA, where the Bulls' utter domination denied rings to some all-time great players (Barkley, Ewing, Drexler, etc.)

gary payton, too! at least he finally got a ring with miami. i miss the sonics. i used to have full season tickets. first row of the upper deck behind the basket. $10 a game. i would hazard a guess those seats would be at least $50 if not $100 now. i've been priced out of pro sports. on a related note: nice to see edgar martinez finally get into the baseball hall of fame. long over due.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 23, 2019 17:54

keefriffhard4life
there were multiple missed calls for both teams in both games that could have changed the outcome of either game. the end result is what it is. if the Rams had 12 men on the field or something I'd be complaining more. twice the saints got a play off in the game after the play clock expired and both times guys from the rams were pointing at the clock before the ball was snapped and nothing was called

Missed calls, sure, but not that kind of missed call. Even Falcants fans have commented on how the Saints got robbed.

Date: January 23, 2019 17:57

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
You're a Jets fan. Nothing important and in dire need of cheese for your whine.

what whine? I've heard nonstop the last 2 days about how the saints complain about the call and integrity of the game but had no issues when the players were trying to hurt people on purpose. every media outlet has had been going on about this as I knew they would.

I've seen nothing about it. Old news. As usual, you lean on that crutch hard.

Date: January 23, 2019 18:00

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

what whine? I've heard nonstop the last 2 days about how the saints complain about the call and integrity of the game but had no issues when the players were trying to hurt people on purpose. every media outlet has had been going on about this as I knew they would.

The go watch some more espn and listen to some sports talk radio every now and again[/quote]

You need to learn how to quote... and stop watching and listening to Disney tv and radio. ESPN is no different than Fox "News", creating their own narrative that has no regard for the truth.

Date: January 23, 2019 18:02

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Stephen a smith said a passing comment. talk radio did.

have you ever heard the Gregg Williams tape before the 49ers game telling people to take out Vernon davis ankles, crabtrees ACL, hit frank gore and alex smith in the head? just curious if you ever even gave it a listen

Date: January 23, 2019 18:07

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

have you ever heard the Gregg Williams tape before the 49ers game telling people to take out Vernon davis ankles, crabtrees ACL, hit frank gore and alex smith in the head? just curious if you ever even gave it a listen

Have you ever heard any other coaches talk smack?

I know it's really really really really really hard being a Jets fan, which is clearly a big reason why you continue to whine so much about the Saints. You need to find a way to be a gracious loser. Losing for so long and being a complaining loser can make people odd, the equivalent of chemtrailers or flat earthers.

Saints fans have been gracious losers and always are.

Date: January 23, 2019 18:31

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Have you ever heard any other coaches talk smack?

I know it's really really really really really hard being a Jets fan, which is clearly a big reason why you continue to whine so much about the Saints. You need to find a way to be a gracious loser. Losing for so long and being a complaining loser can make people odd, the equivalent of chemtrailers or flat earthers.

Saints fans have been gracious losers and always are.

I have heard coaches talk smack. I played high school football on a team that made the state championship. I never ever heard of it being "just football talk" to point out previous injuries of players you are playing against unless you are saying "hey this guy had a surgery on his leg he will probably be running slower than usual". Gregg Williams testimony can be viewed and he under oath is saying bountygate existed

the jets didn't play the saints so what "loser" are you talking about? last 20 seasons jets are 7-7 in the playoffs. saints are 9-7 in the playoffs. not really blowing the doors off the jets as you tend to imply. minus the SB playoffs surrounded in a scandal the saints are actually 6-7 the last 20 years in the playoffs which math check out is a worse record than the jets.

Date: January 23, 2019 19:06

It's just the fact that you're a sad whiny Jets fan. A really whiny one.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 23, 2019 19:22

GasLightStreet
2006-2014 - NINE YEARS the Patriots didn't win a Super Bowl. Yet a lot of people say they "always win".

The last 4 Super Bowls they've won 2. They won 2 in a row in 2004 and '005, and the first Brady one was in 2002.

That's not exactly dominating regarding they "always win", now, huh.

Still, they've been 7 times since 2002, hence, they "always win".

Kinda seems like they'll win their 6th, and possibly last with Brady, but the way things go these days, ha ha...
They lost two Super Bowls in that time frame, so they made plenty of playoff runs in that span. They were only one-and-done in the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

But it's not just Super Bowls. It's the 29-10 playoff record, it's the AFC championship games, it's the regular season record.

People can talk about them beating up on the AFC "Least" all they want, but that's still only 6 out of 16 games. They win 11-14 games a season regularly.

I totally get people being tired of seeing the Patriots win, but you can't minimize or explain away their accomplishments during this era.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-23 19:23 by keefriff99.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 23, 2019 19:29

but you can't minimize or explain away their accomplishments during this era.[/quote]

sure you can....it's called cheating.

3 of their StupidBowl wins came during the SpyGate Era .....one was the Deflategate season

and....one was the Tuck Rule Season.

so, they have 4 SBs w/ an Asterix and one due solely to the Tuck Rule (worst rule ever)

what champions.

everybody marvels at the Pats, but seems to forget how much they cheat and how tainted their record is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-23 19:34 by stickyfingers101.

Date: January 23, 2019 19:40

keefriff99
GasLightStreet
2006-2014 - NINE YEARS the Patriots didn't win a Super Bowl. Yet a lot of people say they "always win".

The last 4 Super Bowls they've won 2. They won 2 in a row in 2004 and '005, and the first Brady one was in 2002.

Kinda seems like they'll win their 6th, and possibly last with Brady, but the way things go these days, ha ha...
They lost two Super Bowls in that time frame, so they made plenty of playoff runs in that span. They were only one-and-done in the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

But it's not just Super Bowls. It's the 29-10 playoff record, it's the AFC championship games, it's the regular season record.

People can talk about them beating up on the AFC "Least" all they want, but that's still only 6 out of 16 games. They win 11-14 games a season regularly.

I totally get people being tired of seeing the Patriots win, but you can't minimize or explain away their accomplishments during this era.

I'm not. It's just that the attitude of "they always win" isn't directly connected to reality.

Date: January 23, 2019 19:40

GasLightStreet
Heard an interesting point of view about why Brady is the best compared to Montana - Montana had the same players, Brady has had so many different players.

Big difference.

Montana didn't have the other teams' plays in advance for his SBs.

In other words, Montana has no asterixes next to his SB wins....Cheatin' Tom Brady has 4...

and TBDBs only other SB win is thanks to the Tuck Rule.

Big difference.

Date: January 23, 2019 19:41

GasLightStreet
keefriff99
GasLightStreet

I'm not. It's just that the attitude of "they always win" isn't directly connected to reality.

good point...but, "they always cheat" is.

Date: January 23, 2019 20:07

GasLightStreet

the only thing I'm on about is a team paying people to end someone career and means of paying their bills and supporting their family. the football gods have made sure the saints don't go back despite having a good team. good for them.

I haven't constantly accused the pats of cheating or getting all the calls. I have made really no comments about other teams nonstop.

good thing the "gracious losing" saints fans have filed a lawsuit for losing the game lol.

Date: January 24, 2019 18:55

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

the only thing I'm on about is a team paying people to end someone career and means of paying their bills and supporting their family. the football gods have made sure the saints don't go back despite having a good team. good for them.

I haven't constantly accused the pats of cheating or getting all the calls. I have made really no comments about other teams nonstop.

good thing the "gracious losing" saints fans have filed a lawsuit for losing the game lol.

You continue to go on about something that was long ago. It has no relevance.

Being wronged is different, with Goodell's attitude towards the Saints always being kept in mind, and the mind set of some people seeing it as a market driven fix, which is really strange considering that Los Angeles doesn't exactly pack the stadium for the games.

Date: January 24, 2019 19:22

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Being wronged is different, with Goodell's attitude towards the Saints always being kept in mind, and the mind set of some people seeing it as a market driven fix, which is really strange considering that Los Angeles doesn't exactly pack the stadium for the games.

the relevance is seeing people complain about this 1 bad call but not care about the teams history. heck the saints if you watch the game had several other chances to win that had nothing to do with the call at the very end and even had a chance after that call and people act like that was the saints only chance for a trip to the SB and that bad call ended it

Date: January 24, 2019 19:33

GasLightStreet

that seems unnecessary.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 24, 2019 19:48

keefriffhard4life

the relevance is seeing people complain about this 1 bad call but not care about the teams history. heck the saints if you watch the game had several other chances to win that had nothing to do with the call at the very end and even had a chance after that call and people act like that was the saints only chance for a trip to the SB and that bad call ended it

Of course every close game could be rationalized this way.

Fact is, a blown/non-call handed the game to the Rams, clear to everyone who watched and admitted by all, including the league and the player who committed the infraction on purpose in an (successful) attempt to save the game.

Being a Seahawks fan, believe me I know the sting of having the refs unjustly impact a huge game (Super Bowl), or having one bad play call by the coach cost a game as well.
This one wasn't self inflicted though, it was bad officiating.

Date: January 24, 2019 19:54

MisterDDDD
keefriffhard4life

Fact is, a blown/non-call handed the game to the Rams, clear to everyone who watched and admitted by all, including the league and the player who committed the infraction on purpose in an (successful) attempt to save the game.

Being a Seahawks fan, believe me I know the sting of having the refs unjustly impact a huge game (Super Bowl), or having one bad play call by the coach cost a game as well.

and then drew brees could have marched the team down the field in OT and won the game. the fact is the saints shouldn't have been throwing the ball because its a chance for bad things to happen. an INT, an incomplete pass that stops the clocks for the rams, a star player getting hurt by a huge hard hit trying to prevent a score. it was in the best interest of the saints to just run the ball and then kick a FG and the rams would have had pretty much no timeouts and no time left in the game.

even if it was call there are a million things that could have happened that could have resulted in the saints losing the game. bad snap, fumble, INT, penalties that move the saints back and result in a missed FG, etc. I don't agree with the people saying "well the saints are the real winners because the right call would have won them the game" and to the credit of GasLightStreet I don't think they ever said something like that but the media and other fans sure are

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 24, 2019 20:03

keefriffhard4life
MisterDDDD
keefriffhard4life

and then drew brees could have marched the team down the field in OT and won the game. the fact is the saints shouldn't have been throwing the ball because its a chance for bad things to happen. an INT, an incomplete pass that stops the clocks for the rams, a star player getting hurt by a huge hard hit trying to prevent a score. it was in the best interest of the saints to just run the ball and then kick a FG and the rams would have had pretty much no timeouts and no time left in the game.

even if it was call there are a million things that could have happened that could have resulted in the saints losing the game. bad snap, fumble, INT, penalties that move the saints back and result in a missed FG, etc. I don't agree with the people saying "well the saints are the real winners because the right call would have won them the game" and to the credit of GasLightStreet I don't think they ever said something like that but the media and other fans sure are

Sure.
I would never insinuate the game results should be overturned. They shouldn't.
As you say, a lot of things could have happened even if they got the call.
But, the odds are probably a thousand to one that the Saints lose if the right call was made.

The reality is the officiating cost them the game.
The good thing from it could be a rule change where a team could challenge a non-call under two minutes, or the like. Guaranteed they wouldn't change the rules if the non-call didn't directly impact the game.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 24, 2019 20:05

If the penalty would of been called. that doesn't mean NO would of scored a TD to win. Ask Seattle about their lose NE. Im just saying.

Date: January 24, 2019 20:09

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

It was a REALLY bad missed call at the WORST possible time.

I see your point, but one horrifically bad missed-call at the critical moment really negates a lot of the other bad calls.

the NFL is clearly rigged. Go back and watch the video. You can clearly see one of the refs reach for the flag to throw it....the other ref charges up and aggro-blatantly waves him off declaring "bang-bang" [play].

Under normal circumstances, refs allow their colleague to throw the flag based on what they saw...if there is a question, they huddle-up and talk about it....and THEN decide to either pick up the flag or keep the penalty.

this happens ALL the time....

but, not in THE most important game of the year w/ the supposedly "best" refs the League has in the final minute or so of play at THE most critical make-or-break moment?

it's rigged...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 24, 2019 20:47

And then there was this controversial game ending play last year (Saints vs. Vikings) - nothing to do with the officiating, but something seems very suspicious about this play:

STEFON DIGGS GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN (Vikings vs Saints 1-14-18)

"I'm not really sure what he's thinking - he comes in and he he's got him dialed in...
and just all he's gotta do is make a play...and even if he catches it you tackle him in bounds the game is over"

And another video:

Did Williams from the Saints miss this tackle on purpose to lose the game?

Lol....

Date: January 25, 2019 02:01

stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet

that seems unnecessary.

Perhaps. But it sits well.

Date: January 25, 2019 02:04

stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
GasLightStreet

good point...but, "they always cheat" is.

That was proven to be bunk as I recall, yet people hang on to it, like how some people hang on to other things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-25 02:27 by GasLightStreet.

Date: January 25, 2019 02:07

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Your argument is cherry picked convenience, weighted down in something that is old and has zero relevance. Of course they had several other chances - yet somehow you choose to ignore the giant one that was criminal.

Had that happened to the Jets you'd be blowing every horn in the world at how unfair it was.

Date: January 25, 2019 02:13

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Your argument is cherry picked convenience, weighted down in something that is old and has zero relevance. Of course they had several other chances - yet somehow you choose to ignore the giant one that was criminal.

Had that happened to the Jets you'd be blowing every horn in the world at how unfair it was.

Something did happen to the jets before. I just said oh well the jets shouldn’t have relied on a ref to make a choice for a win

Date: January 25, 2019 02:26

Hairball
And then there was this controversial game ending play last year (Saints vs. Vikings) - nothing to do with the officiating, but something seems very suspicious about this play:

STEFON DIGGS GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN (Vikings vs Saints 1-14-18)

"I'm not really sure what he's thinking - he comes in and he he's got him dialed in...
and just all he's gotta do is make a play...and even if he catches it you tackle him in bounds the game is over"

And another video:

Did Williams from the Saints miss this tackle on purpose to lose the game?

Lol....

That second video does make it appear that he dodged him. Wow.

Date: January 25, 2019 02:30

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Something did happen to the jets before. I just said oh well the jets shouldn’t have relied on a ref to make a choice for a win

So in other words, you don't care about how wrong it was.

That makes a lot more sense.

Date: January 25, 2019 05:21

One thing to note regarding the non-call and Saints loss - no one rioted or punched a police horse or burned anything down.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 21 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home