Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 7, 2019 19:35

AlmostHearYouSigh
Saint Nick delivers again!! Philly guy here. Does he have any magic left in him to get over the Saints? Revenge game certainly and could it set up the most ultimate of games for the Eagles faithful? Cowboys vs Eagles??????
It's a tall order to beat the Saints in NO, but...any given Sunday...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 8, 2019 00:39

Chris Fountain
I see Indy beating Houston on the road. I have no idea of the spread. It is just something weird about it. Thoughts from Gas Light Street? Or others?

Could Watson be that damn good? Then one thinks , how can Indy score 40 plus one game and zero the next...I would not bet on this game. However Watson is great in crucial games , such as the Alabama game 2 years past.

C

I expected Houston to lose. That's just what they do. And it's exactly what happened. It's no different than what always seems to happen to KC.

Of course there's no way to know with KC but I wouldn't be surprised.

I am not surprised that Dallas beat Seattle or that Philly beat Chicago.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 8, 2019 01:49

Loved seeing the Bears lose. They are a cocky bunch. When they played in Buffalo and won this season, they were throwing bombs down the sidelines in the fourth quarter with the game already won by a lot. That's is a total lack of class and sportsmanship. They got what they deserved. Karma got the Bears and Mitch the bitch in the end.

Good to see Baltimore go down too. The Bills lost two years in a row down there at the beginning of the season with the Ravens thinking they were world beaters. I'm rooting for the Chargers, and Philip Rivers. Not the a-hole owner who moved them out of San Diego.

I expected Houston to lose, the Bills played there this season and easily should have won but their quarterback was out hurt.

I'm not a Seattle or Dallas fan at all so I could care less, but everyone loves to see Pete Carroll lose.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 8, 2019 12:24

The Sicilian
Loved seeing the Bears lose. They are a cocky bunch. When they played in Buffalo and won this season, they were throwing bombs down the sidelines in the fourth quarter with the game already won by a lot. That's is a total lack of class and sportsmanship. They got what they deserved. Karma got the Bears and Mitch the bitch in the end.

Good to see Baltimore go down too. The Bills lost two years in a row down there at the beginning of the season with the Ravens thinking they were world beaters. I'm rooting for the Chargers, and Philip Rivers. Not the a-hole owner who moved them out of San Diego.

I expected Houston to lose, the Bills played there this season and easily should have won but their quarterback was out hurt.

I'm not a Seattle or Dallas fan at all so I could care less, but everyone loves to see Pete Carroll lose.

Pete Carroll did a phenomenal coaching job this year. I had my doubts when they hired him but he has proven me wrong. Great coach. Seems to be a good person too. Does a lot in the community in Seattle.

Date: January 8, 2019 14:22

I am pulling for Chargers. Even though they're going up against my Patriots next. Rivers, a candidate for MVP, deserves this all the way.
I can not believe that Dallas beat Seattle though. It was a rough game, and Cowboys played it really well.
Bears so needed to win. I remember the game that Sicilian is talking about, I think. IMO the Bears have been on a losing streak for so long. Not even losing, but just a non factor. Trubisky , not that great a QB, and esp. Khalil seemed to have lit a fire in Chi-town.

Date: January 8, 2019 17:48

crholmstrom
The Sicilian

Pete Carroll did a phenomenal coaching job this year. I had my doubts when they hired him but he has proven me wrong. Great coach. Seems to be a good person too. Does a lot in the community in Seattle.

good person? he breaks rules every team he coached for in his career

Date: January 8, 2019 23:34

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

They all do!

Date: January 9, 2019 15:01

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

They all do!

they all hold non contact practices at times when its against the players union?

Date: January 10, 2019 13:11

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

They all do!

they all hold non contact practices at times when its against the players union?

Bending the rules is endemic to most if not all pro sports. Have you watched any soccer lately? I watch a bit of Premier League & the acting is Oscar worthy! Just to name 1 example.

Date: January 10, 2019 13:12

I predict the away teams win in the AFC this weekend & the home teams win in the NFC. The smart money would bet opposite that as I was wrong on every game last weekend! grinning smiley

Date: January 11, 2019 02:02

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
The Sicilian

They all do!

Bending the rules is endemic to most if not all pro sports. Have you watched any soccer lately? I watch a bit of Premier League & the acting is Oscar worthy! Just to name 1 example.

i don't watch soccer but i know they flop. different though between bending a rule and breaking something thats in the players union agreement.

Date: January 12, 2019 08:58

Here we go, the best football weekend of the year IMHO. Let's hope the games live up to that!

Date: January 12, 2019 15:00

crholmstrom
Here we go, the best football weekend of the year IMHO. Let's hope the games live up to that!

you like it more than next weekend?

Date: January 12, 2019 15:19

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

Yes. 4 games vs 2 games. Next weekend is good, too of course. Is good for me this weekend. Doc has me on a nasty combination of meds & chilling out to 2 days of games is perfect. I'm not feeling well at all. Part of it is some powerful steroids. I really hate them. I'm wired to the teeth & don't care for that feeling at all. Another component is some strong antibiotics that are making me nauseous. Hopefully this will do the trick & I'll be in better shape for a Vegas adventure in 2 weeks.

Date: January 12, 2019 15:25

Hope you feel better soon, crhomstrom!

I'm with you, the density of the games over the two days is perfect. I think all four games have the potential to be classics.

Date: January 12, 2019 16:01

keefriff99
Hope you feel better soon, crhomstrom!

I'm with you, the density of the games over the two days is perfect. I think all four games have the potential to be classics.

thank you!

Date: January 12, 2019 16:20

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

Yes. 4 games vs 2 games. Next weekend is good, too of course. Is good for me this weekend. Doc has me on a nasty combination of meds & chilling out to 2 days of games is perfect. I'm not feeling well at all. Part of it is some powerful steroids. I really hate them. I'm wired to the teeth & don't care for that feeling at all. Another component is some strong antibiotics that are making me nauseous. Hopefully this will do the trick & I'll be in better shape for a Vegas adventure in 2 weeks.

agree yeah because we get games Saturday and sunday this weekend.

feel better

Date: January 12, 2019 16:31

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

agree yeah because we get games Saturday and sunday this weekend.

feel better

thanks. going out to try some food. think i'm pulling for a super bowl of the colts vs the saints or the eagles. don't have a vested interest so i can just watch the games without getting my blood pressure up, haha. i just read mike patton of faith no more is doing the anthem at the rams game. that could be interesting. mike has a crazy vocal range but with a warped personality. he'll probably play it straight. he definitely has the chops to pull it off. i don't usually make it a point to watch that but will for this one.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 12, 2019 22:39

chiefs will win 27-6 0r 27-13 not sure.

Date: January 12, 2019 22:59

Chris Fountain

i don't know chris. remember the chiefs lost their star running back to bad case of head up the.... could've come in handy in the snow. i really like frank reich. colts got so "luck-y" when mcdaniels jilted them. + jim irsay was friends with hunter s thompson. definite music guy (including the substance abuse problems, haha). think all these games should be good. the one that could be a dog is NO/Philly. you never know though. some powerful mojo with foles & the eagles. just as long as new england, LAR & cowboys lose (LAR/Dallas this week & next obviously) all is well in casa de chuck.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 12, 2019 23:03

Can't wait like you suggested in other terms this is like the Final Four sans NCAAA Tourney. The majority love Indy in this game - Don't see it that way.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 12, 2019 23:32

crholmstrom
I predict the away teams win in the AFC this weekend & the home teams win in the NFC. The smart money would bet opposite that as I was wrong on every game last weekend! grinning smiley

I think you’ll be 4-0 this time.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: January 12, 2019 23:33

Go Pats !!!!!!!!! Kick ass like you always have and will do again this weekend

Date: January 12, 2019 23:57

bob r
Go Pats !!!!!!!!! Kick ass like you always have and will do again this weekend

The dark one (who wears a hoodie) commands it....

Date: January 13, 2019 01:10

Chris Fountain

you are a sage & a magi.... smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 13, 2019 01:55

crholmstrom

AFC predict ain't happenin!

Date: January 13, 2019 05:14

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

AFC predict ain't happenin!

see, i told you! glad i'm not in Vegas this weekend

Date: January 13, 2019 07:41

Alright! Cowboys are eliminated...I'm happy.

Now the Pats just gotta win, and it'll be a great weekend for me.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 13, 2019 07:50

So far, going exactly as I expected, not that that was really in question. Figured the Cowboys and Colts were done. Tomorrow, I'm fully anticipating Saints and Chargers to be the winners. I guess those games are more up in the air, but I just so don't see the Eagles beating the Saints and the Pats can never be counted out but just don't have a great feeling about them. Having said that, it would be so Pats to pull the win tomorrow when I basically count them out.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 13, 2019 21:02

NFL FOOTBALL 2019

(title change)

If the Patriots win (this game? Super Bowl?)
I should/get to attend The Rolling Stones Foxborough, Massachusetts, 2019 show.
It’s only right.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home