Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Date: October 22, 2018 13:52

keefriff99
crholmstrom
LAR/SF game is brutal. Rams are just a machine.
That team is monstrous. If they stay healthy, look out.

Rams is the elite for sure. Love KC but the NE game showed them up a bit.
Can't believe Panthers came back and won.
Titans - crazy call. Had they made it he'd be a hero.
Poor Cleveland. I want them to win so bad. They get so close every week. Baker was shaking his head; you could see it. That was ridiculous when they coughed up the ball on return. OT, OT, OT...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-22 22:48 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 22, 2018 14:18

Palace Revolution 2000
keefriff99
crholmstrom
LAR/SF game is brutal. Rams are just a machine.
That team is monstrous. If they stay healthy, look out.

Rams is the lite for sure. Love KC but the NE game showed them up a bit.
Can't believe Panthers came back and won.
Titans - crazy call. Had they made it he'd be a hero.
Poor Cleveland. I want them to win so bad. They get so close every week. Brady was shaking his head; you could see it. That was ridiculous when they coughed up the ball on return. OT, OT, OT...

With Olson back in the lineup the Panthers area different team.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 22, 2018 15:08

Hairball
How about them L.A. Rams...

Been so long to have a dominating NFL team in the area, I nearly forgot what it's like.
Their first season back was understandably transitional, and last year was great, but this year is unbelievable so far at 6-0 and about to make it 7-0 this afternoon against the 49ers.
With the Dodgers heading back to World Series about to crush Boston (unless they choke again), and the undefeated Rams blazing their way to the Super Bowl, it's a great time for Socal.
As for the L.A. Lakers w/Lebron, no comment...gotta go with Golden State for the three-peat. thumbs up
I think the Dodgers are underdogs going into this Series. Anyone can win in a 7-game series but I don't see either team being crushed.

I root for any team LeBron is on (never thought I'd ever in a million years root for the Lakers), but they don't look ready for prime time. The team is poorly assembled and not fit to compete in the modern NBA.

No one is beating Golden State, especially if Cousins comes back healthy. That's like a video game line-up.

Date: October 22, 2018 15:27

keefriff99
Hairball

Been so long to have a dominating NFL team in the area, I nearly forgot what it's like.
Their first season back was understandably transitional, and last year was great, but this year is unbelievable so far at 6-0 and about to make it 7-0 this afternoon against the 49ers.
With the Dodgers heading back to World Series about to crush Boston (unless they choke again), and the undefeated Rams blazing their way to the Super Bowl, it's a great time for Socal.
As for the L.A. Lakers w/Lebron, no comment...gotta go with Golden State for the three-peat. thumbs up
I think the Dodgers are underdogs going into this Series. Anyone can win in a 7-game series but I don't see either team being crushed.

I root for any team LeBron is on (never thought I'd ever in a million years root for the Lakers), but they don't look ready for prime time. The team is poorly assembled and not fit to compete in the modern NBA.

No one is beating Golden State, especially if Cousins comes back healthy. That's like a video game line-up.

Green maybe better than Curry... just saying Curry was shaky last year in the playofffs although he finished well.

Date: October 22, 2018 15:42

Chris Fountain
keefriff99
Hairball

Green maybe better than Curry... just saying Curry was shaky last year in the playofffs although he finished well.
Curry has never really dominated in the post season (he's usually less than 100% healthy by that point in the season)...but even an average game for him is still excellent by most standards.

Green is a jerk on the court, but he's the kind of gritty player any team would want. He's definitely their sparkplug.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 22, 2018 20:37

keefriff99
Hairball

Regarding the "crush" comment - that was just the Dodger blue talking through the haze of 30 years since winning the World Series. winking smiley
Hoping for a game 7 extra inning nail biter w/Dodgers ultimately winning...would make it all the more memorable.

As for Lebron as Laker - mixed feelings. No doubt about his massive greatness, but I've become accustomed to rooting against him for years. No matter, they're not going anywhere any time soon.

Date: October 22, 2018 21:21

How can one even pull for either the Red Sox or Dodgers? Sickening. TV Ratings will not rise on this match up. folks are already making sure they don't accidently press the wrong remote buttons. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 22, 2018 21:32

Hairball
keefriff99
Hairball

Regarding the "crush" comment - that was just the Dodger blue talking through the haze of 30 years since winning the World Series. winking smiley
Hoping for a game 7 extra inning nail biter w/Dodgers ultimately winning...would make it all the more memorable.

As for Lebron as Laker - mixed feelings. No doubt about his massive greatness, but I've become accustomed to rooting against him for years. No matter, they're not going anywhere any time soon.
My Dad's from Brooklyn, so he still has some residual allegiance to the Dodgers, even though he primarily roots for the Mets these days (poor guy!)

I watched the Kirk Gibson HR game with him...I was 10 and went to bed disappointed after Canseco hit the grand slam...I was so mad when I got up the next day and my Dad told me all about it. Such an iconic moment.

Date: October 22, 2018 21:33

Chris Fountain
How can one even pull for either the Red Sox or Dodgers? Sickening. TV Ratings will not rise on this match up. folks are already making sure they don't accidently press the wrong remote buttons. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
How? Well, I live in New England so it's quite easy to root for the Red Sox! And fun too!

Date: October 22, 2018 21:39

keefriff99
Chris Fountain
How? Well, I live in New England so it's quite easy to root for the Red Sox! And fun too!

Agreed - Who in the hell will watch the Giants - Falcons game? Maybe some obscure Panthers fan that wants the Falcons to keep losing! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 22, 2018 21:45

Chris Fountain
keefriff99
Chris Fountain

Agreed - Who in the hell will watch the Giants - Falcons game? Maybe some obscure Panthers fan that wants the Falcons to keep losing! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Oh, my Dad will be watching. He's a Mets/Giants/Rangers/Knicks fan...talk about hard times!

Date: October 22, 2018 21:46

keefriff99
Chris Fountain
keefriff99
Chris Fountain

Oh, my Dad will be watching. He's a Mets/Giants/Rangers/Knicks fan...talk about hard times!

Throw the Jets in the mix!!hot smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 23, 2018 10:56

Drew Brees

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 23, 2018 11:51

The World Series will be a snooze. Much as I hate thinking so, the Red Sox will steamroll the Dodgers in no more than 5. It might even be a sweep. That Sox team is just too deep, too many weapons, too many ways to win games. Yawn.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 23, 2018 20:36

keefriff99
Chris Fountain
I'm in Tennessee and find it really easy as well...

GO RED SOX! I'm fully ready to let my "rooting in absentia" begin tonight. Somewhat disappointed that I have a rehearsal scheduled (wish I could have cancelled) but am glad I'll be home in time to catch the end of the game anyway. GO RED SOX!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 23, 2018 20:37

Oh... and back on topic... GO STEELERS!!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 28, 2018 20:28

Seahawks are putting to the Lions in the first half. the hawks schedule is wacky this year. they are playing the bulk of their home games in the 2nd half of the season. who knows, they may sneak into the playoffs as a wildcard.

Date: October 28, 2018 20:40

crholmstrom
Seahawks are putting to the Lions in the first half. the hawks schedule is wacky this year. they are playing the bulk of their home games in the 2nd half of the season. who knows, they may sneak into the playoffs as a wildcard.

Things are looking good for the Hawks and Panthers but these are long games as you well know-

Date: October 28, 2018 22:13

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Things are looking good for the Hawks and Panthers but these are long games as you well know-

Things worked out!!!

Date: October 28, 2018 22:29

Chris Fountain
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Things worked out!!!

i'm perfect on pick em so far for the week. knock on wood...

Date: October 28, 2018 23:34

Now it is GB at LA Rams Why in the heck did they have to revert to the St. Louis Rams blue & yellow uniforms- no big deal but they are getting their asses kicked. Undefeated record in big jeopardy.

Date: October 29, 2018 01:56

Chris Fountain
Now it is GB at LA Rams Why in the heck did they have to revert to the St. Louis Rams blue & yellow uniforms- no big deal but they are getting their asses kicked. Undefeated record in big jeopardy.
What a joke! Rodgers' team lets him down again.

Date: October 29, 2018 02:11

i'm still perfect with my picks this week. have MIN tonight & NE tomorrow. that's straight picks. pretty good against the spread. only missed 3 there so far.

Date: October 29, 2018 10:02

bloody vikings!!!!! i'm going to go get me some spam.

Date: October 29, 2018 10:09

It's hard to win with Cousins just ask the Skins. I have a Spam folder!! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: October 29, 2018 14:16

A bit OT, but it was discussed earlier:

What a World Series! Seeing Sale make Machado strike out like an uncoordinated fool for the last out was poetic justice.

Date: October 29, 2018 14:42

keefriff99
A bit OT, but it was discussed earlier:

What a World Series! Seeing Sale make Machado strike out like an uncoordinated fool for the last out was poetic justice.

Nice!! Baseball is not an OT - This is actually the only ongoing sports thread in the forum with exception of when soccer tournaments are involved. I have discussed college football and basketball often. This thread is driven by sports Fans!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 29, 2018 16:50

Looks like the Wembley pitch is completely fvcked up after yesterday’s NFL game.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Date: October 29, 2018 16:53

Koen
Looks like the Wembley pitch is completely fvcked up after yesterday’s NFL game.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]
That should not be a surprise to anyone. Football is a nasty, violent game.

Question to the Brits here: do these NFL games in London really make any splash? Is it worth the hassle of teams traveling there? The players must hate the extra travel/jet lag on their already worn out bodies.

Date: November 3, 2018 16:27

OT: Willie McCovey was great just as Hart and Mays. Even Bob Gibson and Lou Brock of the same era were awesome.

Today MLB needs to make changes:

1, Reduce the the number of markets of teams that have fair weather fans such as the Miami Marlins and do not fill stadiums.
2. Maybe shorten the game - reduce number of innings. How many times have we seen Relief pitchers destroy the configuration of the game. Only exception for extra innings is if game is tied and should have a cut off inning.

3. Reduce price of tickets - I want beer and Hotdogs at a reasonable price.

4. Quit dragging the season into Football Season. NHL NBA is just as guilty. We do not need to see these sports in July. Especially after March Madness NCAA Tourney

I will talk about the NFL in next post as I do not see any major match-ups in College Football today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-03 16:47 by Chris Fountain.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home